Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The Hirlam showing some big temperatures the next two days and predicting 27 C in parts on Fri.

b6BdFvQ.png

UXpP11v.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Looks like no rain for anyone on Friday.
    It'll be Saturday now before any rain crosses the country.

Hard to know if there'll be any thunderstorms.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Weather is so disappointing again this morning in Cork......well, for the moment anyway, but it's looking the same as yesterday to be honest. We'll be lucky to get any sun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Fog in Dublin. Hopefully it will burn off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

beautiful morning here at 17C, already 21C in parts of the north-west. Could tomorrow reach 27C at the Phoenix Park?

make the most of it because next week is going to be unsettled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Waterford City - 18.3 and sunny, unlike yesterday which was cloudy until about 5 PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Moderate breeze here slowing the climb of temperatures. 19.8c on the AWS at present despite clear sky and uninterrupted sunshine. Some patchy fog this morning when winds were calm, but they blew up rapidly from just before 9am.
    Soils are warming up quickly, 17.9c at 10cm this morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

almost 20C here now, a rise of 3C in past hour. Some parts up to 22C already by 11am. Most of the country away from the south coast is doing really good today.

Coastal areas of Cork are not doing good with temps held back around 11-13C due to fog, mist and sea breezes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

pedigree 6 wrote:
    Looks like no rain for anyone on Friday. It'll be Saturday now before any rain crosses the country.

Where are you seeing that? Playing lahinch tomorrow but met eireann have me wet all day still?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Where are you seeing that? Playing lahinch tomorrow but met eireann have me wet all day still?

Sorry yes your right prepare for rain it's just the very west coast seems to getting some rain.

I was looking at the Aperge model on theweatheroutlook.com and it has you getting rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

pedigree 6 wrote:
    Sorry yes your right prepare for rain it's just the very west coast seems to getting some rain.

pedigree 6 wrote:
    I was looking at the Aperge model on theweatheroutlook.com and it has you getting rain.

Got my hopes up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

any one on here given a fourcast for sunday and Monday please

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

any one on here given a fourcast for sunday and Monday please

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&page=298

24C here now! easily the hottest day of the year so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Some huge contrasts with the latest runs of the ECMWF and the GFS for the first week of June. ECMWF wants an area of low pressure to push into Ireland on June 1st (this time next week) with the jet stream on a southerly track. This would bring a lot of unsettled and very cool weather. Meanwhile, the GFS wants to bring an area of high pressure up from the south as we go into June after this little temporary wet spell from tomorrow 'til early next week. This would bring plenty of more settled weather and temperatures are staying above average but not near as extreme as now.

The ECMWF has tended to be more reliable than the GFS but let's hope it's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

'Tis roasting out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Gonzo wrote: »
    24C here now! easily the hottest day of the year so far!
    24 degrees at Malin Head at 1pm also according to Met Eireann latest readings.  It's not often you see temps above 20 at Malin.  Even when the rest of the country is basking in a heatwave, temps at Malin often remain in the teens for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭pauldry

25.2c in Sligo town at 2pm

Strong breeze but its a very warm one.

No one lightin fires I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

That breeze is just pure sex

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

24.3C in Castlebar currently, glad I took the day off.

• Advertisement

almost 25C here now, 24C widely across the country away from the south-west and mid-south coastal regions.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

25.0c here now in Dublin !6....stunning day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

3pm reports. Finner in Donegal, Markree in Sligo and Mount Dillon in Roscommon at 25 degrees. even knock airport up on the hill is doing very well at 23 degrees. Compared to a very "chilly" 15 degrees at Cork Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭pauldry

got ta 25.4c but 25.1c now has it maxxed out?

Cork is in the freezer much like how most of the east coast was in the freezer during the fine spell a few weeks ago. Sea breezes just ruin everything in areas effected.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

4pm. Finner, Markree, Malin, and Mount Dillon all 25 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Cloud keeps trying to spoil the show here in West Clare, but the sun is winning out and it burns off before reaching here.

Seriously warm or even hot out there, getting to sit out now for a short while and with the humidity and high temperatures combined it's borderline uncomfortable. Thank God for the breeze!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭highdef

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Cloud keeps trying to spoil the show here in West Clare, but the sun is winning out and it burns off before reaching here.

Seriously warm or even hot out there, getting to sit out now for a short while and with the humidity and high temperatures combined it's borderline uncomfortable. Thank God for the breeze!

I guess we're all different. 25.5 now with a Max of 26.3. Breezy all afternoon. Been lying in the sun for the afternoon and whilst its pleasantly warm, I wish the breeze was not there. If it was calm, I'd probably call it very warm but with the breeze, just warm. It's certainly far from hot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

highdef wrote: »
    I guess we're all different. 25.5 now with a Max of 26.3. Breezy all afternoon. Been lying in the sun for the afternoon and whilst its pleasantly warm, I wish the breeze was not there. If it was calm, I'd probably call it very warm but with the breeze, just warm. It's certainly far from hot though.

I'm not sitting in the breeze I suppose, still I'm roasting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Just walked out of work and it's cloudy. It's laughable really.

Advertisement