Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

For anyone getting Fallout 4 check out youtube for the best mods to improve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

gotthebug wrote: »
    I've played none of these what should be the first to download

I'll go against the rest of the posters and say the Wolfenstein games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Hurrache wrote: »
    I'll go against the rest of the posters and say the Wolfenstein games.

The non- Youngblood one, big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Treppen

I only played Dishonoured 2 cos it was for rewards quest points, got hooked in as I'm usually impatient with games, but the pacing and good controller layout will keep you going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Skyrim, Prey and Dishonoured are all getting an official 60fps boost very soon. Not 100% sure on the date but think it's next week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Skyrim, Prey and Dishonoured are all getting an official 60fps boost very soon. Not 100% sure on the date but think it's next week

MS doing good work here. And for "free". Would be great if a load of classics could be upgraded this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Ssems Microsoft are teasing Outriders going straight to Game Pass.

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1370494813531869186?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I need to emergency delete Football Manager. Had avoided it for best part of 10 years because of how easily addicted I am but saw it on Game Pass and thought I'd give it a go. I feel like I've barely acknowledged the existence of my six month old daughter in the last three days. Same goes for her mother, but at least that's not a new development.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Impressive stuff, again. Not knocking PlayStation - I know there's exclusives there people are big into - but you see Microsoft pulling all the big moves like this and you can't help but think a lot of people buy Sony out of habit.

The One really did knock Microsoft back nearly to the position they were in with the original Xbox in terms of public perception.

I just feel like you could put every game in the world on to this service and a good few million people would still be like "Xbox, though."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Quick question about Gamepass. I'm thinking about signing up. But I no longer have my Xbox. I've looked up online that xCloud works well on mobile but has anyone here any experience of using xCloud through Samsung Dex to TV and if so, how well does it work? (Picture quality, input lag etc)

If it's a route that works well I think I'll probably go for cloud gaming for the next while. Gamepass for the big library and Stadia for new release games not on GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 27,904 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Octopath Traveller is a really enjoyable game with some great music.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭SteM

Narita Boy looks interesting, wasn't aware of it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I have GamePass on PC and have had for a while, it's such a ridiculously good service that for the first time I am thinking about buying an Xbox, as it seems loads of the games are crossplay/save. I know the new gen are sold out everywhere but might pick up a Series S at some point. This week has been nuts with that announcement that just dropped + the Bethesda catalogue. Buy the console and I'll probably never have to actually buy a game for it.

Quick question about Gamepass. I'm thinking about signing up. But I no longer have my Xbox. I've looked up online that xCloud works well on mobile but has anyone here any experience of using xCloud through Samsung Dex to TV and if so, how well does it work? (Picture quality, input lag etc)

If it's a route that works well I think I'll probably go for cloud gaming for the next while. Gamepass for the big library and Stadia for new release games not on GP.
    I've tried it out on dex with a galaxy s9. Works just as good as on the phone, no complaints really.

Don't know if id use xcloud as my daily driver in favour of a console. €300 for a series S. I know not everyone has €300 to spare but if you're into gaming you can't really complain. Can series S play Stadia through the browser I wonder?

Edit: yes it can. So there you have it, €300 for a game pass and stadia console. I'd do that over Dex tbh.

I have GamePass on PC and have had for a while, it's such a ridiculously good service that for the first time I am thinking about buying an Xbox, as it seems loads of the games are crossplay/save. I know the new gen are sold out everywhere but might pick up a Series S at some point. This week has been nuts with that announcement that just dropped + the Bethesda catalogue. Buy the console and I'll probably never have to actually buy a game for it.

I didn't find it too hard to find a new gen. Just keep an eye on the stock thread.

Actually I just walked into Curry's, ordered mine and had it in 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I've tried it out on dex with a galaxy s9. Works just as good as on the phone, no complaints really.

Don't know if id use xcloud as my daily driver in favour of a console. €300 for a series S. I know not everyone has €300 to spare but if you're into gaming you can't really complain. Can series S play Stadia through the browser I wonder?

Edit: yes it can. So there you have it, €300 for a game pass and stadia console. I'd do that over Dex tbh.

Thanks for the reply. I have an Xbox One that I haven't touched since I got Nintendo Switch. I like the convenience of pick up and play, grew to hate the Xbox since anytime I'd get around to playing a game I'd be met with patches or system updates. By the time it's downloaded, free time over.
    Xcloud appeals to me in that I can just click play and doesn't have to be on my living room TV or even in my house. So that's why I'm leaning towards Gamepass through android. Can play at work on phone and someday through browser. And for TV gaming just connect the phone.

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Has this happened yet? I checked Fallout 4 but I didn't see any options or anything, no updates to download either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has this happened yet? I checked Fallout 4 but I didn't see any options or anything, no updates to download either.

Yes has definitely happened. No need for any game updates as far as I know. Think it's all taken care of on the Xbox system software side....I think.

You might have to set it in the compatibility options - open the guide while in game, click start button over fallout in the list on the side and click manage. Compatibility should be in there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

EA games are coming to PC tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1372203440714174468

It requires the EA app though. Some people might be annoyed by this, but having multiple launchers on PC has never bothered me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

FPS boost is only on Series X/S though as I understand it.

pm1977x wrote: »
    FPS boost is only on Series X/S though as I understand it.

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I was getting a bit fed up of the grind that is Ultimate Team on FIFA21 so I decided to give Yakuza 0 a whirl. Never played these games before but I must say it's so enjoyable. Really like the fighting style, it looks great even for an 'old' game and the story is interesting.

I'll probably play Kiwami 1 & 2 after that. I've read that 0 is considered the best Yakuza game, would people agree with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

I was getting a bit fed up of the grind that is Ultimate Team on FIFA21 so I decided to give Yakuza 0 a whirl. Never played these games before but I must say it's so enjoyable. Really like the fighting style, it looks great even for an 'old' game and the story is interesting.

I'll probably play Kiwami 1 & 2 after that. I've read that 0 is considered the best Yakuza game, would people agree with that?

Haven't played them all, but I've finished Zero, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 and think Zero was the best of those 3. Great series and all up on Game Pass now, cant go wrong .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Polar101

CatInABox wrote: »
    It requires the EA app though. Some people might be annoyed by this, but having multiple launchers on PC has never bothered me.

I had Origin installed already, but had to install the new app instead. Not too much hassle, but I spent a long time trying to find out where to link the Xbox and EA Play (Origin) accounts.

New app is very basic, but so far I haven't had problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Polar101 wrote: »
    I had Origin installed already, but had to install the new app instead. Not too much hassle, but I spent a long time trying to find out where to link the Xbox and EA Play (Origin) accounts.

New app is very basic, but so far I haven't had problems with it.

I installed it the other day and it is still looking for payments although I've linked my Microsoft account with game pass.

Had you any issues like that ? I saw a lot of people on Twitter with the same issue I had and there was no fix when I last checked

Join us over on the Xbox Rewards Thread and you'll never have to pay for Gamepass Ultimate either! :pac: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058088743

I'm averaging about 2,000 pts a week (including points for random birthday robux, vbucks, odd cheap game purchases) .
    23,500 points = Eur25 Microsoft Gift Card.

that's my sales pitch for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Buttros

Just used the second screen on my phone (LG V50) as a gamepad while playing dragon age for some easy points (Thanks to treppen for the post on the other thread)

First time using this functionality. A proper gamepad a million times better needless to say but nice having the option now. Might find it more acceptable for some games (none come to mind immediately)

Or just easy msft rewards points if nothing else

• Advertisement

Buttros wrote: »
    Just used the second screen on my phone (LG V50) as a gamepad while playing dragon age for some easy points (Thanks to treppen for the post on the other thread)

First time using this functionality. A proper gamepad a million times better needless to say but nice having the option now. Might find it more acceptable for some games (none come to mind immediately)

Or just easy msft rewards points if nothing else

Arkham Asylum worked pretty good on android.
    Hellblade is also a great one for atmosphere if you've headphones.

I found the xcloud gamepass phone connection could be laggy at times (Virgin Media 500mb plan), one workaround is to turn off phone wifi then turn it on again , you'll see it log into a different mast thingy if you use Ookla speedtest , by repeating this a couple of times I've often gone from 80mb to 230mb speed !

Advertisement