Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

I see Jurassic World Evolution and FF XII are up on Gamepass today. Delighted with Jurassic World as I almost shelled out to buy it on the switch a couple of months ago. I've never played FF before, is this a good one to start on?

I have a quick question about GamePass. I have an XBox Series S. I've ordered an Alienware PC and I wonder if I were to install a game on the PC that I have played on the XBox, will progress carry over?

for a game to carry across progression between PC and Xbox, it needs to be a "play anywhere" title. A number of titles on games are play anywhere titles. I don't think Jurassic World is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Only an hour into Doom eternal and wondering how I've never played any of them before!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Only an hour into Doom eternal and wondering how I've never played any of them before!

The 2016 game is down in price this week for €9.99, €14.99 for the Slayers Pack which adds Doom(1993), Doom II and Doom 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I bit the bullet after starting Control on game pass, I didn't get the hype at first and then the game / story clicked. I bought the Ultimate edition to get the Series X upgrades - it was about $25 there recently - the Ray Tracing and graphics updates are really nice touches and I usually go for Graphics mode over performance. The 60FPS performance is really quick and changes the feel of the game up quite a bit, especially when there is debris and mayhem around you.

Likewise, I noted that Control ultimate edition is a separate game, your save file does not transfer over. I knew this in advance so stopped playing the standard one until I could pick up the story in ultimate - plus the DLC. I stopped a little over an hour in to the game.

In the end I bought Control Ultimate. You can toggle between 30fps (with RTX) or 60fps and holy **** it’s night and day.

And Control is great. A really weird, brilliantly crafted world with a curated single player story experience. And the ability to tear the scenery apart is amazing.

This generation is *really* gonna make it hard to go back to 30 FPS on anything. Give me 60 FPS at 1080p over 30fps any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

The 2016 game is down in price this week for €9.99, €14.99 for the Slayers Pack which adds Doom(1993), Doom II and Doom 3.
    Ah, ta for the tip on the Slayers Pack! You can flick through the store quite a lot without seeing some of these bundle combos.

Doom Eternal is mighty impressive but I'd still take 2016 over it for sheer simplicity. Central hub, weapon mods, upgrade menus, jumping puzzles etc all a bit much for me for a Doom game. It's seriously impressive though and looks and plays gorgeously on the new systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Buttros

Put a lot more time than I'm proud of into Jurassic Park Evolution over the weekend.

My first time playing a building sim on Xbox having played loads on PC overs the years. It works very well but gets a little sluggish on my Xbox One X when the theme park grows beyond a certain point. Addictive little game. Found myself trying to complete one more contract before turning it off then one more...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Buttros wrote: »
    Put a lot more time than I'm proud of into Jurassic Park Evolution over the weekend.

My first time playing a building sim on Xbox having played loads on PC overs the years. It works very well but gets a little sluggish on my Xbox One X when the theme park grows beyond a certain point. Addictive little game. Found myself trying to complete one more contract before turning it off then one more...

Me too! I spent way too much time on it too. Kept saying I was going to stop & move to other games but found myself an hour later still going...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I was all ready to start Control after hearing it had got it's next gen update until I realised the nonsense they pulled with that Ultimate Edition. €30 extra for some ray tracing, no thanks. Turns out the ultimate edition is on PS Plus this month and has dualsense support too so just gonna pay €9 for one month there and play it on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I was all ready to start Control after hearing it had got it's next gen update until I realised the nonsense they pulled with that Ultimate Edition. €30 extra for some ray tracing, no thanks. Turns out the ultimate edition is on PS Plus this month and has dualsense support too so just gonna pay €9 for one month there and play it on PS5.

FWIW I asked something similar a few days ago and ended up buying the ultimate version.

Forget Ray tracing - the 60 FPS mode is transformative. Day and night a different feeling game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

quad_red wrote: »
    FWIW I asked something similar a few days ago and ended up buying the ultimate version.

Forget Ray tracing - the 60 FPS mode is transformative. Day and night a different feeling game.

Yeah I've started it on PS5 now and going from 30 to 60fps makes a big difference, it appears to be the way to go. I didn't realise you had to choose between that and ray tracing, I thought you'd get both :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Finished yakuza 0, surprised how hooked In I was, probably 70+ hours and still wanted to 100% it, would take too long but I look forward to playing the rest of them, I'll play something else first before I jump onto the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Hococop wrote: »
    Finished yakuza 0, surprised how hooked In I was, probably 70+ hours and still wanted to 100% it, would take too long but I look forward to playing the rest of them, I'll play something else first before I jump onto the next one

Zero is a great starting point. Always impressed how the Yakuza games have such small maps but make them infinitely more interesting and organic than the huge maps in the like of Ubisoft games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I've got a 14 Day free trial of Game Pass Ultimate, free to a good home. First come, first serve (I'm pretty sure it only works if you don't already have GPU).

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Badabing1

Hi

Was just about to post if I buy a 2 week gamespass does it enable the Xbox live convert to ultimate. I've read the sticky, just not sure if it needs to be one month you buy, can only see 2 week code on website for sale. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Badabing1 wrote: »
    Hi

Was just about to post if I buy a 2 week gamespass does it enable the Xbox live convert to ultimate. I've read the sticky, just not sure if it needs to be one month you buy, can only see 2 week code on website for sale. Thanks

I've tried a 14 day GPU pass before and it didn't work, I had to dig deep for the full month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Wreckfest is fun, loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Didn't realise it was there, I lovvvveed Destruction Derby on the PC in the 90s.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Didn't realise it was there, I lovvvveed Destruction Derby on the PC in the 90s.

It's just been added.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Badabing1

theteal wrote: »
    I've tried a 14 day GPU pass before and it didn't work, I had to dig deep for the full month.

Yeah you're right, didn't work. Had to dig v v deep for month! Was just trying to get the quickest way to sorry it for impatient teens waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Madden 21 coming to EA Play soon, do we get all of their stuff on Gamepass at the same time? Madden is the perfect benefit for me of EA Play / GP, it's worse than Fifa for being a copy/paste, I only play single player on it so no benefit to me to get it at the start of the lifecycle and it's getting released just at the end of the season so I can get my NFL fix for a bit longer. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

hots wrote: »
    Madden 21 coming to EA Play soon, do we get all of their stuff on Gamepass at the same time? Madden is the perfect benefit for me of EA Play / GP, it's worse than Fifa for being a copy/paste, I only play single player on it so no benefit to me to get it at the start of the lifecycle and it's getting released just at the end of the season so I can get my NFL fix for a bit longer. Lovely.

I just hope they put the XBSX version on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is that trick with the €1 offer for Ultimate still working? On one of my other accounts, the join for €1 offer for the ultimate is there. If i was to buy it, add gold membership and cancel the auto renewal, would this extend the ultimate up until gold runs out?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Really enjoying Batman Arkham Knight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Treppen

The Joycer wrote: »
    Really enjoying Batman Arkham Knight

I did it for a Microsoft Rewards quest , usually hate most of the games they suggest, but I found myself still playing it 4 hours later!!! Played really well on the phone/cloud app too!

Maybe this is the reason why Gamepass Multiplayer was down last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Treppen wrote: »
    Maybe this is the reason why Gamepass Multiplayer was down last night...

Jesus that video is pure torture to watch. I managed to last about 2 mins before I couldn’t take any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Xbox live was down for hours yesterday, also affected signing-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Yes , couldnt even sign in last night, nevermind play !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

Birneybau wrote: »
    Xbox live was down for hours yesterday, also affected signing-in.

Working yet?

Advertisement