Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Spent last 2 hours playing Octopath Traveller. Good old school Snes-esque RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Birneybau wrote: »
    Spent last 2 hours playing Octopath Traveller. Good old school Snes-esque RPG.

Really enjoyed it on Switch. Soundtrack is brilliant too.

skerry wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it on Switch. Soundtrack is brilliant too.

I like the 8 bit characters mixed with the tilt-shift backgrounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Birneybau wrote: »
    I like the 8 bit characters mixed with the tilt-shift backgrounds.

Yeah the art style is lovely in it. Only complaint is the characters stories aren't really intertwined but I really enjoyed it regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Polar101 wrote: »
    I had Origin installed already, but had to install the new app instead. Not too much hassle, but I spent a long time trying to find out where to link the Xbox and EA Play (Origin) accounts.

New app is very basic, but so far I haven't had problems with it.

I had the same issues linking my EA account to my Xbox account, possibly because they are registered to different email addresses. I had already downloaded EA desktop and signed in using my origin account which showed up my origin games no problem but when I clicked to download a game in game pass it auto created a new dummy EA account to use game pass with so I had to unlink my gamertag from the dummy account and then login again on a very specific EA site before it would let me link my existing EA account to xbox account.

Bit of a hassle but got there in the end, the following post helped me out:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Play-PC/How-can-I-link-Xbox-Game-Pass-account-to-my-EAGames-account/m-p/9823677/highlight/true#M1054

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

anyone know how DLC works on games with game pass, since you dont own those games?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

4real wrote: »
    anyone know how DLC works on games with game pass, since you dont own those games?

It works fine. You will also get a discount on any dlc for games in Game Pass. Of course if the game leaves Game Pass you will need to purchase the game to continue using the dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

MLB The Show 21 is coming to gamepass on April 20th. Didn't expect that from a Sony first party studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    MLB The Show 21 is coming to gamepass on April 20th. Didn't expect that from a Sony first party studio.

Amazing news.

Looks like MLB wanted their games on more platforms so Sony had to open it up and then MS pay up and put in Game Pass on launch day.

So Playstation 5 users will have to pay €70 for their own Sony developed game whilst Game Pass subscribers get the game for free.

Really getting into Outriders.

Like a sci-fi The Division.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭John Horgan

Wouldn't mind some game pass quests on Gta V.
    It just happens to be one of my favourites even though it's old AF now

Time for a 6th/7th playthrough I think. :P

Just finished Dishonored. Fps boost is impressive. Gotta give outriders a try next. I'm a sucker for the character progression grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭Treppen

If yissr looking for a blast... Zombie Army 4 : Dead War is now on Gamepass and xcloud

If u haven't time for campaign try out the horde survival mode (you can play that multiplayer co-op too).

Great sound FX and soundtrack too. Stick on the headphones and turn off the lights.

Check out Zombie Army 4: Dead War on Xbox Game Pass!
    https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9PLSCHRN5715

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

I've recently subbed to GPU (thanks to the amazing sticky!) and it is just phenomenal. Even at full price the value is insane!

Got myself a razer kichi controller for the phone too and if you thought the nintendo switch style capability to move from couch/TV to bed was good, this surpasses it for me. Simply amazing. Xcloud works almost flawlessly for me so far. First time playing gears 5 on my phone was jaw dropping :D

Every day seems to get better and better. I was (greedily) bemoaning the lack of older games on xcloud at first, but they are now addressing that with a bunch of 360 games just released. Pretty soon I won't even need any emulation solution to scratch the retro itch.

Class.

00sully wrote: »
    I've recently subbed to GPU (thanks to the amazing sticky!) and it is just phenomenal. Even at full price the value is insane!

Got myself a razer kichi controller for the phone too and if you thought the nintendo switch style capability to move from couch/TV to bed was good, this surpasses it for me. Simply amazing. Xcloud works almost flawlessly for me so far. First time playing gears 5 on my phone was jaw dropping :D

Every day seems to get better and better. I was (greedily) bemoaning the lack of older games on xcloud at first, but they are now addressing that with a bunch of 360 games just released. Pretty soon I won't even need any emulation solution to scratch the retro itch.

Class.

Out of interest what's your broadband speed and phone ram, mine is 500mb and phone is 4gb ram but still find it laggy enough some times.

Treppen wrote: »
    Out of interest what's your broadband speed and phone ram, mine is 500mb and phone is 4gb ram but still find it laggy enough some times.

12gb ram on the note 10+ but not sure if that is the critical aspect.

My broadband speed is only 250 but I don't use the virgin router because it is not very good at all. Replaced with an Asus rt-ac88u and on my 5ghz network I can get almost full speed in most rooms that couldn't even get any signal using virgins.

Using the virgin router you can forget good WiFi speeds in my experience.

Sometimes when on my 2.4 ghz network xcloud gives me a warning about latency so I just switch to 5ghz

00sully wrote: »
    12gb ram on the note 10+ but not sure if that is the critical aspect.

My broadband speed is only 250 but I don't use the virgin router because it is not very good at all. Replaced with an Asus rt-ac88u and on my 5ghz network I can get almost full speed in most rooms that couldn't even get any signal using virgins.

Using the virgin router you can forget good WiFi speeds in my experience.

Sometimes when on my 2.4 ghz network xcloud gives me a warning about latency so I just switch to 5ghz

Interesting, I've often thought about replacing the VM router.

Is there a forum or website to explain the procedure, or do you just plug out VM box and plug in the new router and away you go!?

If you like the movie Mars Attacks , Destroy all Humans is coming to gamepass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Is there a forum or website to explain the procedure, or do you just plug out VM box and plug in the new router and away you go!?

Same question but sitting with a Vodafone box here, actually have a brand new router sitting in a box here and never played with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

You should be able to just take a single ethernet out of the vodafone router and plug it into the new router and have the new router control everything - It will just use your old router as a gateway
    Well, that's a bit of a simplification, but more or less that.
    I have an Imagine router (my ISP) which plugs into my own router where I control everything from

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

deadl0ck wrote: »
    You should be able to just take a single ethernet out of the vodafone router and plug it into the new router and have the new router control everything - It will just use your old router as a gateway
    Well, that's a bit of a simplification, but more or less that.
    I have an Imagine router (my ISP) which plugs into my own router where I control everything from

So I should keep my VF router plugged into the "phoneline", ethernet from VF into the new router, then plug in any ethernet connections into the new router too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

hots wrote: »
    So I should keep my VF router plugged into the "phoneline", ethernet from VF into the new router, then plug in any ethernet connections into the new router too?

Pretty much - the new router may have a WAN port - if so plug the ethernet from VF in there
    I have all my Ethernet going into my own router and a single ethernet from mine into the Imagine router. I've disabled WiFi on the Imagine Router and use the WiFi on my own so I have complete control.
    I'm running Gargoyle on my router so I can monitor bandwidth also.
    It should work - if not you can usually ask the ISP to put their router into Bridge mode and then it should work, but I've never had to do that so can't really give any advice on it

If you have virgin there should be an option to enable "bridge mode" then plug your other virgin box to your new routers WAN port and away you go.

If the virgin router doesn't have a bridge mode see here https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057649794.

The boxes they give you are brutal. Get a decent Asus router. Got one for my folks too solved all their WiFi issues.

Enjoy lag free xcloud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭This is it

Make sure you know what you're at before you start mucking about with routers. If you plug a router into your ISP router then it won't do you much good, your new router will get a LAN IP from the ISP router and will likely give your device an IP from a different range and then you'll have double NAT. Pretty pointless in my opinion to have your own router connected to an ISP router that's still doing the routing for you.

If you bridge the ISP router you'll need to make sure you have the username and password so your new router can establish a connection on the ISP radius server. These are usually generic but are sometimes specific to a customer. You'll also need to use VLAN 10 most likely.

Back to Game Pass, have started GTA V, haven't played it in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Whats the cheapest way to get game pass these days?

Sorry, just noticed the sticky.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Whats the cheapest way to get game pass these days?

Sorry, just noticed the sticky.

Don't forget, if you do the rewards quests you can get it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Don't forget, if you do the rewards quests you can get it for free.

IIRC I have 2000 or so points

• Advertisement

Have started Rage 2 again from the start. Never stuck with it. Decent.

Advertisement