Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Options

Comments

Loving Minecraft dungeons on the phone. I've ordered the Razer Kishi controllers to take it to the next level. I think there is a certain type of game that it really suits. Diablo-esque dungeon crawlers is definitely one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Loving Minecraft dungeons on the phone. I've ordered the Razer Kishi controllers to take it to the next level. I think there is a certain type of game that it really suits. Diablo-esque dungeon crawlers is definitely one of them.

Can you link me the controller you bought? I have been meaning to get something myself to make use of xCloud.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ZiabR wrote: »
    Can you link me the controller you bought? I have been meaning to get something myself to make use of xCloud.

https://www.razer.com/eu-en/mobile-controllers/Razer-Kishi/RZ06-02900200-R3M1

You can save some money going with the non xbox branded android version. I think I saw a review that said you need to do a but of remapping, I also wasn't sure if the thumbsticks are clickable or not, so I just went with the xbox version to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Prob been asked and answered so apologies if so!

I was under the impression you could play game pass games offline and would only have to check in once every 30 days. I had given an xbox to a friend and loaded it up with 3 years worth of ultimate game pass and downloaded a list of games for him as he lives in the sticks with no broadband.

When all that was done I followed the advice I had found online and made sure it was set to home console and started up the games and then switched the console to 'go offline' I then rebooted the xbox just to make sure it works and I keep getting an error message along the lines of you will need to sign in or renew your sub which obv isn't ideal for the situation!

If anybody has insight or solutions that would be most appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

gaz15 wrote: »
    Prob been asked and answered so apologies if so!

I was under the impression you could play game pass games offline and would only have to check in once every 30 days. I had given an xbox to a friend and loaded it up with 3 years worth of ultimate game pass and downloaded a list of games for him as he lives in the sticks with no broadband.

When all that was done I followed the advice I had found online and made sure it was set to home console and started up the games and then switched the console to 'go offline' I then rebooted the xbox just to make sure it works and I keep getting an error message along the lines of you will need to sign in or renew your sub which obv isn't ideal for the situation!

If anybody has insight or solutions that would be most appreciated!

No you have to be connected to the internet. I have patchy internet at times and would get kicked back to dashboard when connection goes.

I live in the countryside also but I do have a mobile signal H+ and sometimes 4G and would connect to my phone at times and it works to play games when the house internet is down. So something for him to look into to be able to play the Gamepass games.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No you have to be connected to the internet. I have patchy internet at times and would get kicked back to dashboard when connection goes.

I live in the countryside also but I do have a mobile signal H+ and sometimes 4G and would connect to my phone at times and it works to play games when the house internet is down. So something for him to look into to be able to play the Gamepass games.

If you set the console to offline mode it works doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Knockout City is good fun, played a few matches over the weekend. Fast paced rounds, easy to pick up and play but a bit of skillto it as well.

A little bare bones on content side, hopefully they have decent support and expansions lined up

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If you set the console to offline mode it works doesn't it?

If you initially connect and then switch to offline the games will play but if you leave it offline and turn the xbox off when you try to play again it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Anyone know is 3 years the max amount of time you can add to your Game Pass sub? Think I heard that before. Have a friend working for MS and can avail of their employee discount so thinking of stocking up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone know is 3 years the max amount of time you can add to your Game Pass sub? Think I heard that before. Have a friend working for MS and can avail of their employee discount so thinking of stocking up.

Yeah, max of 36 months.

Yeah, max of 36 months.

Thanks. The MS employee store works out at just over 6eur a month for GP Ultimate which is pretty nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Thanks. The MS employee store works out at just over 6eur a month for GP Ultimate which is pretty nice.

Are you an employee or how does one get access ?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

GBX wrote: »
    Have a friend working for MS and can avail of their employee discount so thinking of stocking up.

There's your answer

No I'm not. But employees have this friends & family thing they can share with people, so you can get employee prices up to a (fairly low) spend limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Handy ...

Off to linkedin to find me some friends at Microsoft :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Handy ...

Off to linkedin to find me some friends at Microsoft :pac:

You should hit up this guy called Phil Spencer, heard he's sound.....

What are people playing these days? Having that meh feeling again trying to find my next game. Trying hard not to get hooked back into COD cold War again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

What are people playing these days? Having that meh feeling again trying to find my next game. Trying hard not to get hooked back into COD cold War again.

Subnautica- great game so far, about 10hrs in. Tried Dragon Quest Builders 2 and liked it so much from what I played I've ordered it for Switch, seems a perfect time sink for a portable system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Went back to Ark for a bit, mainly playing Apex Legends.
    I did play a bit of Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey which I really liked though it is only single player and I much prefer online survival games
    Played Subnautica while it was in Preview and its gotten better since then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Warzone and Tetris Effect for me at the moment

skerry wrote: »
    Subnautica- great game so far, about 10hrs in. Tried Dragon Quest Builders 2 and liked it so much from what I played I've ordered it for Switch, seems a perfect time sink for a portable system
    Played Subnautica a couple of years ago. Really enjoyed it but I got to a stage where I couldn't progress the story and ended up giving up.

The Outer Worlds plus the two DLC which are all free to play on Gamepass. Sychonauts is good also and on Gamepass.

The Outer Worlds plus the two DLC which are all free to play on Gamepass. Sychonauts is good also and on Gamepass.

Ah! I didn't know the DLC was free on gamepass. That'll do nicely!

Ah! I didn't know the DLC was free on gamepass. That'll do nicely!

Well unless I'm going mad and bought the season pass but afaik I never bought it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can't stop playing Deep Rock Galactic at the mo. Brilliant Co op game, super addictive and just oozes charm. It's even fun solo but hopping in and out of games with randoms is fine, probably the most chilled out online game I've ever played tbh.

Be warned though, you'll find yourself wanting to greet people in real life by shouting "Rock and Stone!!" at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Can't stop playing Deep Rock Galactic at the mo. Brilliant Co op game, super addictive and just oozes charm. It's even fun solo but hopping in and out of games with randoms is fine, probably the most chilled out online game I've ever played tbh.

Be warned though, you'll find yourself wanting to greet people in real life by shouting "Rock and Stone!!" at them.

Looks great, id say its a blast in Coop with a few mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Man-eater was added, didn't even know they were adding it, delighted as I kept thinking of buying it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

FFX and Control myself. Had almost finished the latter on the brother's PS4, had played the former years ago. Also installed Psyconauts.

• Advertisement

Razer Kishi has arrived. Pretty impressive, mobile is now my go to for playing Minecraft Dungeons. I haven't even bothered installing it on my xbox.

Would absolutely love diablo to come to cloud.

Advertisement