Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dreamwalker1

Totally working and everything up and running without problems here :)

Loving Dirt 5, good easy fun. And those HDR colours really pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Loving Dirt 5, good easy fun. And those HDR colours really pop.

I bought it during sale and then very shortly it was announced for game pass... was upset to say the least. Its okay game, if you like the whole community built tracks etc, but I found it a bit lacking if you want normal racing. Multiplayer was totally dead when I bought it, maybe with it on game pass, it got better.

I downloaded Wreckfest on my laptop last night and had a good crack with it, but playing on keyboard is a bit arse.
    Downloaded it on Series X just now, and got a bit disappointed with 30fps lock... 4k apparently. Such a shame. I really can't do 30fps, a specially in racing games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I find forza horizon 4 has ruined all other racing games for me. I tried Dirt 5 and wreckfest over the weekend and they both felt very wooden

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

I wonder when/if Bethesda's back catalogue goes up? I know there's loads of subtle intricacies to an acquisition like this which might delay the process, but to be honest I'd be kind of expectant that the likes of Oblivion, Fallout 3, Wolfenstein, Doom 2016 etc find their way on to the service now that they're in bed with Microsoft.

Could do with a few more heavy hitters each month, especially with the lack of X/S exclusives. One or two sports and indie titles and 700 Yakuza games ain't gonna cut it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Yep, they've polished the crap out of it.
    Can't imagine what the next gen version will be like.
    I tend to get bored with Forza and start driving as the crow flies. :)
    Really I need to play it properly.

I bought it during sale and then very shortly it was announced for game pass... was upset to say the least. Its okay game, if you like the whole community built tracks etc, but I found it a bit lacking if you want normal racing. Multiplayer was totally dead when I bought it, maybe with it on game pass, it got better.

I downloaded Wreckfest on my laptop last night and had a good crack with it, but playing on keyboard is a bit arse.
    Downloaded it on Series X just now, and got a bit disappointed with 30fps lock... 4k apparently. Such a shame. I really can't do 30fps, a specially in racing games.

No issues getting onto multiplayer games, yeah most likely thanks to game pass.

I agree with other poster, it's no Forza. I very nearly gave up in the early stages but finding it good fun and glad I stuck with it. Its very easy though, even on hard setting. But there's something therapeutic about acing track after track.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I wonder when/if Bethesda's back catalogue goes up? I know there's loads of subtle intricacies to an acquisition like this which might delay the process, but to be honest I'd be kind of expectant that the likes of Oblivion, Fallout 3, Wolfenstein, Doom 2016 etc find their way on to the service now that they're in bed with Microsoft.

Could do with a few more heavy hitters each month, especially with the lack of X/S exclusives. One or two sports and indie titles and 700 Yakuza games ain't gonna cut it!

Nothing has happened yet as the deal does not yet have regulatory approval. The EU should be announcing their decision soon (this week, actually), and Microsoft have a gaming event pencilled in for later this month, so I'd guess that's when they announce what they're going to be doing with the back catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

When is EA Access coming to PC Game Pass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wow. Unreal.

Gamepass has to be the best thing in gaming right now that leaves the competition in its wake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I went ahead and bought Fallout 4: GOTY on Amazon last week, €20. Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

No issues getting onto multiplayer games, yeah most likely thanks to game pass.

I agree with other poster, it's no Forza. I very nearly gave up in the early stages but finding it good fun and glad I stuck with it. Its very easy though, even on hard setting. But there's something therapeutic about acing track after track.

That's the thing, almost all races feel like a race until first corner, then you push yourself up front and its one horse race. Unless you really botch something. I found Rally cars the most fun. The Suvs and got forbid Sprint yolk ( the one with non sometrical wing ) are the worst.

In other news, I always wanted to play Sea of Thiefs, but I am Billy no Friends and 30fps just never cut for me. So decided F it and downloaded it again. 60fps, looks amazing and I am just soloing in my small wee boat. Such a relaxing and fun experience. It's so beautiful, that I am happy enough just to swim to location, while playing some instruments lol. I can only imagine what a riot it could be playing with some friends.
    I have no problem using mic, but I can't, as misses sleeping next to me and might not like it hehe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

TitianGerm wrote: »
    When is EA Access coming to PC Game Pass?

Last update on it was quite recently, but it's still just "we're working on it"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,061 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Glad i didn't buy Star Wars Squadrons when on offer last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Same, looking forward to giving Star Wars Squadrons a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Game pass sub has run out. Whats the best way of doing this now? Can you still do the hack as before?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

zefer wrote: »
    Game pass sub has run out. Whats the best way of doing this now? Can you still do the hack as before?

See the sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

See the sticky.

completely missed that! Cheers :)

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1369347579675348993

Looks like there'll be plenty of Bethesda games on Game Pass later this week.

• Advertisement

I bought Fallout 4 GOTY the other week for €20, absolutely amazing.

So much to do.

Oof.

20 games being added tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/samuelofc/status/1370075639957577729

I thought that they'd space them out a bit, but that's a fair chunk straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Amazing! I'm sure they'll come, but Doom 2016 and Fallout 3 seem like odd omissions there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Didn't see Evil within 2 there but thats a big drop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Amazing! I'm sure they'll come, but Doom 2016 and Fallout 3 seem like odd omissions there.

Fallout 3 is the one I wanted! Have the other fallouts already...bar 76 because its ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

I've played none of these what should be the first to download

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

gotthebug wrote: »

I'd go with Dishonored, or Skyrim but only if you have a lot of spare time to throw at it.

gotthebug wrote: »

Fallout 4.

I finished The Evil Within 2 recently and while great, the endgame is ridiculous.

Edit: TEW2 isn't there. I'm not pooh-poohing it but a lot of them were already on GamePass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I wonder are the missing games tied to PlayStation Now for a while? I know Fallout 3, Evil Within 2, and Doom 2016 are defo on there.

• Advertisement

This is good stuff.

Phil Spencer confirming that new Bethesda games that are not contracted to other platforms will be exclusive to Xbox/PC is big news.
    https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1370079409118588931

Advertisement