Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hse/Tulsa clerical officer competition 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

A well oiled machine

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭busy_mom

So frustrating, the Simon Harris article in the Irish Times in April stated the 3 month recruitment freeze. I contacted HBS on the 1st July to find out if the freeze was lifted and I was also given the party line everyone else is getting, strict controls still in place. My line manager was able to tell me that my position needs to be filled asap so the lines of communication are well and truly frozen. Already lost out on potentially 3 months wages - how long more will this drag on

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭busy_mom

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Anyone awaiting on start date??? I was supposed to be contacted last week with start date and still nothing. Just wondering if this is normal for the HSE or would it have something to do with recruitment freeze.???

My contract was due to be issued to me the week the freeze was announced - so typical. My line manager has been quite helpful but they're is no end in sight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Anyone got any expression of interest lately? Clare/Galway area?

Anyone got any expression of interest lately? Clare/Galway area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Australia33

How many jobs were offered from this panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,075 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I got an expression of interest for South Tipperary a few weeks ago.
    Didn't persue it as I'm in employment since.

To thine own self be true

It depends on the County you have applied for.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

A few expressions of interest have been offered in the Limerick panel over last 2 weeks 2 permanent and 1 term. Have other counties received expressions of interest also?

• Advertisement

Treatycat wrote: »
    A few expressions of interest have been offered in the Limerick panel over last 2 weeks 2 permanent and 1 term. Have other counties received expressions of interest also?

Yes Clare got 2 expressions over last couple of weeks.

Yes Clare got 2 expressions over last couple of weeks.

Is this from the 2017 panel? Why are they interviewing in 2019 if 2017 panel still open? I don’t understand...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

Is this from the 2017 panel? Why are they interviewing in 2019 if 2017 panel still open? I don’t understand...

Yes it is for the 2017 Panel - there was a huge panel formed and from what I can see I have only moved 10 places so therefore very few permanent jobs have been allocated. I didn't know they are interviewing again. Is that nationally or just your county

Treatycat wrote: »
    Yes it is for the 2017 Panel - there was a huge panel formed and from what I can see I have only moved 10 places so therefore very few permanent jobs have been allocated. I didn't know they are interviewing again. Is that nationally or just your county

Yes they have been interviewing all summer and I believe they are to be interviewing until the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,075 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I got a second Tipperary South 2 weeks ago.
    Permanent, full time in the ED of Clonmel hospital.

To thine own self be true

2017panel was created by HBS Recruitment and it is for HSE and Tusla. The new campaign that started in April is only for Tusla and run by Tusla. Panel will be created at the beginning of new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MariaLols

Hey all just wondering if you can shed some light on this..

I am currently a permanent employee of the HSE, having gone through the 2017 campaign and accepting a job offer from this. I am on part 2 of the salary scale.
    I have recently been offered another job from this same campaign in another county and am just wondering will I continue to be on part 2 of the salary scale if I accept the offer or will I have to start from the bottom of the salary scale. Also, I am due to increase to part 3 of the salary scale in February. Will I still get this increase in February if I accept the other job?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DMD72

Hi, has anyone any idea what number the Sligo /Leitrim panel is at? I got an "expression of interest" e-mail today.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Im so annoyed with this campaign. Im in top 10 in my county. Only 2 permanent expressions of interest have been issued. Yet Unijobs are interviewing for specific roles in the county. They are telling people they are 12 month contracts but you will probably be kept on. A number of local positions have been filled by Unijobs.
    Why did Tusla need to open another campaign while we are all still waiting?

tringle wrote: »
    Im so annoyed with this campaign. Im in top 10 in my county. Only 2 permanent expressions of interest have been issued. Yet Unijobs are interviewing for specific roles in the county. They are telling people they are 12 month contracts but you will probably be kept on. A number of local positions have been filled by Unijobs.
    Why did Tusla need to open another campaign while we are all still waiting?

It's all because of the recruitment freeze. Only few departments can still recruit. Other departments are awaiting their budget plans review. According to my supervisor it's not going to change quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Benelson

I received an offer of a permanent job in Clare. I've started the process but no contract yet. I'm getting concerned about the recruitment freeze. I'm in a permanent position right now and nervous of moving. I'm considering it for location! Can any one advise?

Benelson wrote: »
    I received an offer of a permanent job in Clare. I've started the process but no contract yet. I'm getting concerned about the recruitment freeze. I'm in a permanent position right now and nervous of moving. I'm considering it for location! Can any one advise?

Hi can I just ask you what number were you on the panel?? The recruitment freeze does not apply to all HSE. You might have been offered one of the departments that has it's budget approved. Where are you going to be placed?

Hi can I just ask you what number were you on the panel?? The recruitment freeze does not apply to all HSE. You might have been offered one of the departments that has it's budget approved. Where are you going to be placed?

I was 6 on the panel from day one. I never expressed an interest in anything until this one. I’m just nervous of this recruitment freeze. I’ve been offered nothing since and if I don’t take it I’ll be off the panel

I was 6 on the panel from day one. I never expressed an interest in anything until this one. I’m just nervous of this recruitment freeze. I’ve been offered nothing since and if I don’t take it I’ll be off the panel

And when did you accept this offer? If it was lately then you should be pretty safe. And it all depends on the department.

And when did you accept this offer? If it was lately then you should be pretty safe. And it all depends on the department.

I got the offer 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marieky21

Don't panic you will be still going through the screening process. Did you get an email requesting your birth cert etc references Garda vetting. It will take another few weeks when they have everything they will email to tell you file has been passed to the contracting team and maybe a week later you will get a starter email where your new line mgr will contact you for a start date.

So I presume it's with environmental health. You will be fine-they are not on the recruitment freeze. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GearoidinM

I'm on the grade IV panel for Laois/Offaly and am hoping that once the freeze is eventually lifted there will be positions that need filling! What documents are asked for with the pre-employment clearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Murph29

Hi,

Does anyone know what number they're at roughly for Kerry? 2 posts advertised yesterday btw. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Ek1313

Hi is there Anyone here working with the HSE that is claiming mileage?? I am just wondering was there payment in December?

Advertisement