Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Sometimes though it stays like this for weeks on end. I'd say you can barely see 2 feet in front of you around the scenic coastal sites! It's really a lottery visiting here, this type of weather would ruin a holiday for me.

If you're coming for the pubs, restaurants, nightlife, or cultural buildings (museums etc) I doubt the weather makes too much of a difference. Like I said, people don't book holidays to Ireland for the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Jesus it's been raining for a few days at most!

I don't know where you live but it's like this more often than not in Ireland, especially in the west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

who_ru wrote: »
    I don't know where you live but it's like this more often than not in Ireland, especially in the west.

I think uve completely misunderstood their post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Grey and miserable here in Tipperary this evening. Looks loke an early night for me. Been lashing here all day.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

heading up to sligo for the coming weekend, on a motorbike. someone cheer me up and tell me its not going to be washout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Was down in Spain all weekend. Glorious weather hot dry and sunny. Back to this muck this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭pad199207

Relentless heavy rain here in D20

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still lashing here, been pouring rain since about 3.30pm. Lots of water in our driveway now. Today is even wetter than last Saturday already.

Was on the M7 and M8 earlier really horrendous evening for driving. Temp was hovering around 11/12 degrees it's Ireland I know but still its ridiculous how crap our summer weather is most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

emo72 wrote: »
    heading up to sligo for the coming weekend, on a motorbike. someone cheer me up and tell me its not going to be washout?

The GFS has High Pressure coming in on the Sunday.
    ECM has it a day later. So look at the GFS to cheer yourself up.:P

screenshot_1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Been dry all day in west Mayo,had some brief showers a while ago,very satisfying seeing the rest of the country get a proper dose of the muck for a change.

P.s I'm learning Spanish.
    I'd advise others who take kindly to
    Palm trees,powder blue skies,and eating your dinner outside on July evenings to do the same.
    Its never going to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,227 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Some very heavy showers all morning here in West Clare, not a drop of rain yesterday though! Got a 30km cycle in, was delighted.

encouraging signs

airpressure.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

really hope that works out, sick of this cool, wet, windy, damp muck already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,666 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

After yesterday's persistent rain, today was a fine day here with sunny spells and pleasant temperatures.

• Advertisement

sryanbruen wrote: »
    After yesterday's persistent rain, today was a fine day here with sunny spells and pleasant temperatures.

Very blustery and showery here. Month needs to pick up soon mid summer imminent really.

Very blustery and showery here. Month needs to pick up soon mid summer imminent really.

Don't say I promised a great START to the Summer 'cause I didn't.

'Flaming' June,a rash of heat across the west,one can dream...

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

Yep, the models are showing temperatures widely of 20-23c by Thursday 15th June across Ireland whilst the Azores High seems to take hold of Ireland by Tuesday 13th next week. If this continues as a trend, Summer could begin much earlier than I had intended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭TECH85

Come on summer , where are you !?!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Yep, the models are showing temperatures widely of 20-23c by Thursday 15th June across Ireland whilst the Azores High seems to take hold of Ireland by Tuesday 13th next week. If this continues as a trend, Summer could begin much earlier than I had intended.

I love you, if you're right. I just hung my clothes out in that crazy wind, if they don't end up in Wales, they should be dry pretty soon, if it doesn't shower that is!

TECH85 wrote: »
    Come on summer , where are you !?!

I found it. It's been lost since 2013 but here it is and it's near our shores :D:P.

gMWuvPz.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Going to Kerry for a week Saturday 19th, please happen please happen :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Perfect conditions for some noctilucent watching tonight, visibility couldn't be better and I don't think the low moon will be a problem.
    Eyes looking north later! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Nice bright fresh evening here in Tralee, a few short lasting localized showers. 10.8C atm

Pic: Blennerville at 20.30 approx

dUshyb7.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭pauldry

Have heat on as its 9.3c outside

This wont last as even as soon as tomorrow 16 to 18c

The really cold weather of the past few days wont be repeated again until August

So Summer IS slowly coming....with warmer temperatures and rain...to begin

I hope yous are all right, since the fine weather broke on Saturday 27th May things here have mostly been very poor with lots of rain and some very cool and windy conditions.

Azores High continuing to show its hand over Ireland next week on the latest run of the models.

1.6mm this morning, stopped raining for the past hour. Looks like there won't be much for the rest of the day, was expecting more.

Edit: Was very wrong.

State exams started today so sun splitting the stones on the poor crathurs. Or maybe it's 16 degrees and raining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

1.6mm this morning, stopped raining for the past hour. Looks like there won't be much for the rest of the day, was expecting more.

Edit: Was very wrong.

Should clear soon hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    The GFS has High Pressure coming in on the Sunday.
    ECM has it a day later. So look at the GFS to cheer yourself up.:P

screenshot_1.png

There's been a good upgrade for Friday. even MT has it. It's all coming up roses lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Savage that's it happening after I've left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

bear1 wrote: »
    Savage that's it happening after I've left.

How long can you stay away for?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭bear1

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    How long can you stay away for?:p

I work abroad :(

Where did this rotten drizzle come from? I thought once the rain cleared that was it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Cork and Kerry
    Heavy rain or thundery showers will occur at times overnight and during Thursday leading to accumulations of 25 to 40mm in places.

Issued:Wednesday 07 June 2017 21:00
    Valid:Wednesday 07 June 2017 21:00 to Thursday 08 June 2017 20:00

21:45 update

Today
    Breezy and mostly cloudy overnight, with rain becoming widespread once again and persistent and locally heavy, but some dry slots also. Lowest temperatures 9 to 12 degrees Celsius, in moderate to fresh southerly breezes.

Tomorrow

Thursday morning will be mostly cloudy, with further heavy rain for a time, but it will turn more showery by afternoon, with occasional sunny spells. The showers will be heavy and some will be thundery, with some hail. Close and humid, top temperatures 16 to 19 C. Moderate southwesterly winds, will be fresh along south and southeast coasts and blustery around thunderstorms.

emo72 wrote: »
    There's been a good upgrade for Friday. even MT has it. It's all coming up roses lads.

Indeed. High pressure slap bang over Ireland by Thursday 15th:

LnMKqRb.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

moved to Kilkenny 3 years ago thinking i was moving close to the sunny south east.....lol
    has been terrible summers,Meath near the East coast was way better :(

• Advertisement

A Mid Summers night (day)dream...

ukmaxtemp.png

I'd say the east coast will love that ;)

I'd say the east coast will love that ;)

Honestly would.

Honestly would.

You're inland you don't count!

You're inland you don't count!

Oh you meant the east coast literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Body&Soul festival weekend is starting to edge into the wildly FI extents of the GFS, I'll be refreshing that precip chart every day until then!

• Advertisement

Lovely day today if it was early April.

The weekend of the 17th/18th looking like quite a BBQ weekend at the moment.

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Dublin, Kildare, Longford, Louth, Wicklow, Offaly, Westmeath, Meath, Leitrim and Sligo
    Thundery downpours with localised flooding this afternoon and evening.

Issued:Thursday 08 June 2017 14:00
    Valid:Thursday 08 June 2017 14:00 to Thursday 08 June 2017 22:00

The weekend of the 17th/18th looking like quite a BBQ weekend at the moment.

Is it likely to last Syran or what do you reckon?

Is it likely to last Syran or what do you reckon?

At the moment yes. Once this Azores High ridges through Ireland (The GFS says Thursday 15th, the ECMWF says Tuesday 13th/Wednesday 14th), there is no sign in the forecast period for at least a week and a half of an Atlantic regime returning right now. We could be going into quite an extended period of fine, settled weather if this Azores High truly does come into play here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement