Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 209: Woodley vs Thompson 2 Sat Mar 4th

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Yeah I know Ferguson has a very good wrestling pedigree has added some slick bjj too but I think Khabib is just relentless does reportedly be taking down the likes of Rockhold in the gym, his guard passing is sick too if he does get the takedown, was impressed with Fergusons cardio in Mexico so Im hoping for a 5rd affair here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gamebred wrote: »
    Yeah I know Ferguson has a very good wrestling pedigree has added some slick bjj too but I think Khabib is just relentless does reportedly be taking down the likes of Rockhold in the gym, his guard passing is sick too if he does get the takedown, was impressed with Fergusons cardio in Mexico so Im hoping for a 5rd affair here.

Honestly, I haven't been excited for a match-up like this since the first fight was scheduled, adds to the excitement that its for the interim strap (only time I'll get excited for it).

Ferguson has got some serious cardio, he lives in Big Bear which has the same elevation has Mexico City, trains there year round.

I actually hope they both take each other down. We've never really seen Khabib's bottom game and I'd love to see perhaps the best top game vs the best bottom game in the UFC if Khabib managed to take him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lukker- wrote: »
    We've seen Trujillo escape Khabib a few times with similar rolls, and he isn't half as good as Ferguson at it.

Abel Trujillo escaped alright...into takedowns :D

Abel Trujillo escaped alright...into takedowns :D

He escaped the first few

BlaringDecisiveCottontail.gif

ShortSaltyDromaeosaur.gif

Khabib eventually figured how to counter his granby's but again, Trujillo isn't half as slick as Ferguson.

Khabib had to grind out a decision vs Trujillo, Ferguson submitted him in the second

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

He took him down 23 times; way more than grinding out a win. I cannot wait for this card very excited.

Also the whole he decisioned him; he finished him stuff is massivley flawed. Going to be a cracking fight though.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    He took him down 23 times; way more than grinding out a win. I cannot wait for this card very excited.

Ultimate Takedown Championship

He rag dolled him in that fight alright, still should've went for the finish though.

Ultimate Takedown Championship

He rag dolled him in that fight alright, still should've went for the finish though.

I enjoyed the fight tbf; eventually got it with MJ aswell making him quit, Abel didnt seem to quit thats what kept it going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Only saw today that rasheed evans is on the card making his middleweight debut. Cracking main fight card looking forward to every fight

I enjoyed the fight tbf; eventually got it with MJ aswell making him quit, Abel didnt seem to quit thats what kept it going!

If Khabib was on top of me I'd just tap.

After what he did to Tavares(I'd be shocked if he didn't have long term brain damage from that)

MJ got off lightly with a kimura, still ate a fierce amount of GNP though.

If Khabib was on top of me I'd just tap.

After what he did to Tavares(I'd be shocked if he didn't have long term brain damage from that)

MJ got off lightly with a kimura, still ate a fierce amount of GNP though.

The best about the mj one is him telling him to give up, i pray they make it to the cage if they dont it will kill the buzz of the card for me.

• Advertisement

The best about the mj one is him telling him to give up, i pray they make it to the cage if they dont it will kill the buzz of the card for me.

Same. It's so close now, both guys should be finished the hard stuff.

I think Dana would sue AKA if anything happened to Khabib, they've cost so many headliners in the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Do ye reckon they have anyone lined up as a stand by replacement? Nate is training away by the looks of it but doubt he'd take it. Hope we don't jinx it now it would be so disappointing if either pulled out.

Django99 wrote: »
    Do ye reckon they have anyone lined up as a stand by replacement? Nate is training away by the looks of it but doubt he'd take it. Hope we don't jinx it now it would be so disappointing if either pulled out.

Not a chance Nate will, unless they are gonna pay him a flat fee of $5m. Ferguson and Khabib aren't massive draws and I think they'd want Nate headlining anyway.

I think Eddie Alvarez might be on standby though. Which is an interesting matchup for both guys imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Will be interesting fight for sure,Hope Ferguson wins but I think Nurmagomedov will win.

Lando is on the card for that reason imo.

Lando is on the card for that reason imo.

You think they'd put him in there for the Interim strap?

Part of me would love to see it, but the logical part of me says there are much more deserving guys.

Lando is exciting as hell but it's not a given he gets past Teymur who if you include TUF has like 7 KO's in a row

No there'd be no belt I dont think, just the rematch with a full camp v Tony or a good new match up v Khabib striker v grappler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Great promo for Woodley v Wonderboy. Think the guy is Irish as well. He's the best on YouTube in any case.

kwestfan08 wrote: »

Great promo for Woodley v Wonderboy. Think the guy is Irish as well. He's the best on YouTube in any case.

Love kwozymoto, my favorite is his Hendo video before the Bisping rematch.

Muck Promo basically a compilation of interviews for 2 minutes much better promo makers than him,

this is a real bit of video editing right here

• Advertisement

Muck Promo basically a compilation of interviews for 2 minutes much better promo makers than him,

this is a real bit of video editing right here

Pride was so good. Bring back the crazy Japanese girl screaming the fighters names as they come in. Bring back 10 minute rounds.

Nick Diaz v Gomi sums up the organisation I think. A crazy fight where Nick was allegedly high during the fight, two lads just standing and trading and then a Gogoplata to finish. Couldn't make it up.

Yep i wish I was a fan back then to see Pride at the time live some epic mma moments for sure, 10 years yesterday Diaz Gomi was,

on highlights videos I'll leave ye with one more of my favourites

Embedded is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I am incredibly excited for this weekend. I think its going to be really close with Ferguson and Khabib.

I wonder who Conner would prefer to win? I assume that Ferguson would be a better match up for him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Khabib would maul Conor - he definitely wants the Ferguson fight (if he ever decides to grace us with his presence again)

Khabib would maul Conor

Heard it all before, from Black belt to top 10 to top 5 to a wrestler to Aldo to Alvarez, all them were going to maul him never happens,

giphy.gif

Khabib would maul Conor - he definitely wants the Ferguson fight (if he ever decides to grace us with his presence again)

Khabib might maul conor or he might get knocked the f out in the first round, or the start of the second. MJ found that chin and Khabib was on weak legs, I think Conor would stand a good chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,038 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think people will have a different opinion of Khabib vrs Conor after this weekend.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    I think people will have a different opinion of Khabib vrs Conor after this weekend.

In what way? If Khabib beats Tony the same way he beat MJ and RDA, my opinion would be that Khabib would be a huge favourite against McGregor.

Advertisement