Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature entry medicine 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ilovesmecounty

Anyone hear from Galway? It's a hope I'm still clinging to!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fuj8

Anyone hear from Galway? It's a hope I'm still clinging to!

Nope still nothing from Galway :(

Galway interviews are out!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 person78

Fuj8 wrote: »
    Galway interviews are out!

Do you think they’re on more than one day? Mine is Tuesday 15th but I’ve got an exam in Dublin at 14:00 that day.
    I tried to ring but got no answer.

Also anyone have any tips for funding the 5 years?? I’m about to head to the bank and ask but I don’t think I’ll have much luck.

person78 wrote: »
    Do you think they’re on more than one day? Mine is Tuesday 15th but I’ve got an exam in Dublin at 14:00 that day.
    I tried to ring but got no answer.

Also anyone have any tips for funding the 5 years?? I’m about to head to the bank and ask but I don’t think I’ll have much luck.

They're just on that day as far as I know

Good luck with the bank, credit union are offering loans to students with good interest rates but you need to be paying them back while in college so it may not suit everyone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Jenny25

They're just on that day as far as I know

Good luck with the bank, credit union are offering loans to students with good interest rates but you need to be paying them back while in college so it may not suit everyone...

Aib does a specific loan for med students. And once your in your second year bank of Ireland does a zero interest preffered faculty loan but think it's only up to ten grand

I've heard nothing from NUIG so I'm assume I'm out of the running there. Ah well. Best of luck to those of you who made it this far!

Jenny25 wrote: »
    Aib does a specific loan for med students. And once your in your second year bank of Ireland does a zero interest preffered faculty loan but think it's only up to ten grand

Thanks I must check out AIB!

I've heard nothing from NUIG so I'm assume I'm out of the running there. Ah well. Best of luck to those of you who made it this far!

Don't give up yet, you might hear something next week when they see who's going to the interviews and who can't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ClaireDoh

I have an interview for TCD in May does anyone who has done the interview before know what kind of questions they ask and how I can prepare for it? I would be extremely grateful for any advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Ciara33

Hi Claire
    well done on getting an interview! The odds are fairly good in Trinity - I think they interview about 18 to 20 people for 7 to 8 spots.

I did Trinity interview last year - I have exams over next couple of days but I'll get back to you before end of this week with what I can remember from the experience.

Thank you so much Ciara! It would be so helpful

Ah have trinity interviews all been sent then? Guess I didn’t get one so :(

Hey gang, anyone heard anything from RCSI? I know the email said shortlisting would happen this week and we'd hear from them re the shortlisting by next Wednesday the 9th... but wondering if anyone is fresh out the traps yet?

Only heard about submitting the personal statement and references so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vladcount

Hey gang, anyone heard anything from RCSI? I know the email said shortlisting would happen this week and we'd hear from them re the shortlisting by next Wednesday the 9th... but wondering if anyone is fresh out the traps yet?

Hi guys !
    RCSI keep very strictly to their timelines !!!!!!
    If anything like last year, everyone found out on the one day (that being this yr this coming Wednesday).
    Good luck everyone I got interview and shortlist last year was 6-7th place on the list and 5 replacements where given!
    Good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Guidance

Has anyone received confirmation from TCD after replying to the interview email?

Guidance wrote: »
    Has anyone received confirmation from TCD after replying to the interview email?

They just asked to confirm that I'll be there nothing since

Does anyone know anything about when UCC will send out offers?

Does anyone know anything about when UCC will send out offers?

I never thought to ask...hopefully sometime this week!

• Advertisement

I never thought to ask...hopefully sometime this week!

Oh could it be that soon?

I didn’t like to ask! Maybe someone who got in last year might know.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

I got my offer to interview in UCC during the 2nd week of May, think around May 12th is when I got my offer to interview there so they'll probably be out end of this week, start of next week

Oh could it be that soon?

I didn’t like to ask! Maybe someone who got in last year might know.

I'm not holding out much hope anyway, didn't feel it went well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Murph43

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips for RCSI interviews?

Thanks a mill!!

I got my offer to interview in UCC during the 2nd week of May, think around May 12th is when I got my offer to interview there so they'll probably be out end of this week, start of next week

Hi I had the UCC interview last Thursday. Do you remember how long it took them to let people know if they got offered a place or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Hi I had the UCC interview last Thursday. Do you remember how long it took them to let people know if they got offered a place or not?

AH okay maybe they came out earlier than my year!

I've no idea how long it takes as I ended up not going to my UCC interview as I took a place in RCSI. (the offers for RCSI came out before the date for my interview in UCC, so it was definitely late May when UCC had them then, must have changed!)

Thanks!
    Not holding out much hope myself, it went only ok and there’s so many people for so few places.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vladcount

I got my interview date today from RCSI
    Everyone check their emails !

I have heard that UCC don’t tell those who are unsuccessful, I don’t know how true that is though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Hey guys.

Am I correct in saying you must already hold the LC requirements? For e.g if you wanted to apply this year, you must have had sat the subjects last June.

Advertisement