Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature entry medicine 2017

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vladcount

Ive sent an email to UCD over having to do a lvl 6 access course for MEM- like what if you have a masters degree, a fellow standing and a bsc just that you didnt get the 2.1H in your undergrad it seems counter intuitive for someone at masters level to go back to lvl 6. quite demeaning to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bio90

Long shot here but can anyone confirm if the Leaving Cert requirements for most MEM are set in stone?

I have a BSc, including 2 years of Chemistry, and an MSc but only did Biology at LC. Seems a little strange that I'd need to go back to do Chem or Physics in LC to be eligible to apply for MEM.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ciara33

Bio90 wrote: »
    Long shot here but can anyone confirm if the Leaving Cert requirements for most MEM are set in stone?

I have a BSc, including 2 years of Chemistry, and an MSc but only did Biology at LC. Seems a little strange that I'd need to go back to do Chem or Physics in LC to be eligible to apply for MEM.

Hi yes they are set in stone unfortunately ! But better to know that at the start. NUIG and RCSI will let you in with 1 science LC, but you will have to do the 6 year course.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Ciara33 wrote: »
    Hi yes they are set in stone unfortunately ! But better to know that at the start. NUIG and RCSI will let you in with 1 science LC, but you will have to do the 6 year course.

This isn't necessarily true. I only did Biology in the LC and was accepted into the 5 year programme (currently in 3rd year).
    I had booked to do Chemistry but I didn't need it.
    If your undergraduate course/masters contained some chemistry/biochemistry you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Conway122

Has anyone applied for Medicine for this coming academic year? How did you find the application process.

Is there anyone who had previously gone through the process and was successful in securing a place in medicine? Any advice? What was your background, education, volunteer experience etc etc.

• Advertisement

Conway122 wrote: »
    Has anyone applied for Medicine for this coming academic year? How did you find the application process.

Is there anyone who had previously gone through the process and was successful in securing a place in medicine? Any advice? What was your background, education, volunteer experience etc etc.
    I applied on before the first of feb. I was told I needed more clinical refs. So I have harassed every senior nurse all who are all final year medical students. Plus have 3 refs from consultants in public health medicine. Plus the usual ones from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Conway122

How’s everyone feeling for the HPAT on Saturday?
    Any tips of advice from those who have taken it previously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Conway122 wrote: »
    How’s everyone feeling for the HPAT on Saturday?
    Any tips of advice from those who have taken it previously?

How you get on?

The post rcsi wait begins ! Hope everyone who's waiting has a job to take their minds off the wait!
    #killingme

• Registered Users Posts: 3 M1994

Hey all,

Did anyone have interviews this week re mature student medicine? If so how did you find them for the different colleges?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 M1994

vladcount wrote: »
    The post rcsi wait begins ! Hope everyone who's waiting has a job to take their minds off the wait!
    #killingme

The very best of luck!! Thinking of applying next year, did you interview for all colleges that offer mature student medicine?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 autoboi

Anyone hear anything from TCD?

M1994 wrote: »
    The very best of luck!! Thinking of applying next year, did you interview for all colleges that offer mature student medicine?

I finally got into rcsi 6 yr programme 😋😊😊😊😊😊😊😎😎😎😎😎ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

vladcount wrote: »
    I finally got into rcsi 6 yr programme ������������������������ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Congratulations, well done! You've been at it a while, I'm so pleased for you that it finally worked out.

spurious wrote: »
    Congratulations, well done! You've been at it a while, I'm so pleased for you that it finally worked out.

3rd time the charm !

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ciara_pass124

Hi there, anyone here applying for mature entry into medicine for the next academic year?

Anyone here who has successfully been through the process and has some insight and tips?

Where are ya thinking of applying to

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ciara_pass124

Ciara33 wrote: »
    Where are ya thinking of applying to

Hi Ciara,

All the colleges. My preference would be to stay in Dublin (TCD, RCSI and UCD) but opened to moving anywhere.

What college are you in?

Good for you - I had big long reply typed out then somehow deleted it! ... pm me any specific questions. I'm in NUIG.

Advertisement