Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature entry medicine 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

vladcount wrote: »
    Surprisingly both in rcsi you get the choice or you get the one your higher on the list for.
    Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Always something that's been growing on me over the years , my LC currently is a pile of ****e', and to meet the course requirements as a mature student I would need to do it again. I know myself, and I have started already, I can hit the high numbers (last time it was pure lazyness and no direction either). I need to get the requirements so rather just get the points and go CAO.

Now, I am worried, will I be at a disadvantage will the college and they'll go, 'oh, he is over 25 years of age, tell him to phek off'. I don't want to put the head down for the year and then that be the outcome.

Mature route isn't an option, on paper I have no interest in this area, even with a repeat LC, I think I will find it hard to sell myself in any type of interview situation.

I am guessing I am best off ringing the colleges and asking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vladcount

TallGlass wrote: »
    Cheers.

Always something that's been growing on me over the years , my LC currently is a pile of ****e', and to meet the course requirements as a mature student I would need to do it again. I know myself, and I have started already, I can hit the high numbers (last time it was pure lazyness and no direction either). I need to get the requirements so rather just get the points and go CAO.

Now, I am worried, will I be at a disadvantage will the college and they'll go, 'oh, he is over 25 years of age, tell him to phek off'. I don't want to put the head down for the year and then that be the outcome.

Mature route isn't an option, on paper I have no interest in this area, even with a repeat LC, I think I will find it hard to sell myself in any type of interview situation.

I am guessing I am best off ringing the colleges and asking ?

Ring colleges if you must.
    Rcsi are great regardless of your age ! So dont worry honestly !

Ring colleges if you must.
    Rcsi are great regardless of your age ! So dont worry honestly !

Like if you had a crappy lc dont worry about it i had a crappy lc. Im using my access and lvl 5. Mind u i have a few degrees behind me if you have any background in science theybdont stick you too heavily to lc. Subjects and points.

Rcsi offers are up. Sadly i didnt make it.
    I got waitlisted last yr. I didnt even make the waitlist this yr so compitition must of been firce !

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fuj8

Rcsi offers are up. Sadly i didnt make it.
    I got waitlisted last yr. I didnt even make the waitlist this yr so compitition must of been firce !

So sorry to hear that Vlad!

I didn't make it either :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

Do they actually post the list or just say you didn’t make the list? Sorry to those who didn’t get an offer.

Do they actually post the list or just say you didn’t make the list? Sorry to those who didn’t get an offer.

Everyone gets an email with either offer, waitlist or unsucsessful

Has anyome gotten in on their third shot ? In regards to rcsi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Murph43

Has anyome gotten in on their third shot ? In regards to rcsi.

Sorry to hear that Vlad. I reckon admissions could give you feedback regarding interview etc and be able to advice about next year :)

Did anyone here actually get in ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 DMC3

Did anyone here actually get in ?

Sorry to hear Vladcount but definitely don’t give up! Yeah I did luckily enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Has anybody got tips for the UCC requirements and/or requirements? I would love to know what I’m in for next year, hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spartansean

Fuj8 wrote: »
    So sorry to hear that Vlad!

I didn't make it either :(

Same here , i am just on the waitlist :(

I just got 54 in my 3rd GAMSAT there so may just get GEM in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fuj8

Same here , i am just on the waitlist :(

I just got 54 in my 3rd GAMSAT there so may just get GEM in Limerick.

Congrats on the GAMSAT score I'm sure you'll get Limerick! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Guidance

Did anyone receive an offer from TCD after the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ClaireDoh

Guidance wrote: »
    Did anyone receive an offer from TCD after the interview?

I did

ClaireDoh wrote: »
    I did

Congrats! Do you know the stats for this year?

Congrats! Do you know the stats for this year?

No how do you find out?

No how do you find out?

Okay. I suspect the MSO has the inside scoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Teddy_7777

I'll also be attending TCD. I got my offer last year and deferred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Jenny25

The ucd rejection letters are out. Next year only people who do the access course can apply

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭rg2007

I received an offer from RCSI which I'm declining for UCC, so there should be a space for someone on the waiting list very soon.

rg2007 wrote: »
    I received an offer from RCSI which I'm declining for UCC, so there should be a space for someone on the waiting list very soon.

Thanks a lot for that rg2007 , I got an offer from RCSI last night I must of been up on the waiting list :D Im over the moon.

Best of luck in UCC and to everyone else still trying.

Séan.

Thanks a lot for that rg2007 , I got an offer from RCSI last night I must of been up on the waiting list :D Im over the moon.

Best of luck in UCC and to everyone else still trying.

Séan.
    Amazing congrats did the office just ring ya ? Im hoping next yr 3rd time the charm ! They only thing I havent done is shadowing! Congrats spartan. This was your 2nd or 3rd go this yr so fairplay to ya !

Amazing congrats did the office just ring ya ? Im hoping next yr 3rd time the charm ! They only thing I havent done is shadowing! Congrats spartan. This was your 2nd or 3rd go this yr so fairplay to ya !

Thanks so much. The admissions office just emailed me. This was my first time applying as a mature cause I am just old enough but I did try twice at leaving cert level and tried for GEM 4 times lol.

I was already planning on how to improve my application and yeah shadowing was something i was going to try do. Im also signed up for an EMT course I told them I would be completing over the summer.

I felt my interview did not go amazing good , so i think they really do asses your whole application in deciding.

Best of luck Vlad, I do think persistence is the way to go, it worked for me anyway :)

No how do you find out?

Hi, did you receive the formal offer from CAO yet?

Thanks!

Thanks!

It says the 5th of July on the CAO page

Thanks!

I have not.

Hopefully tomorrow then.

I got my CAO offer for RCSI earlier today :)

• Advertisement

Jenny25 wrote: »
    The ucd rejection letters are out. Next year only people who do the access course can apply

Hold the phone ! what about if you have previous degrees? not very fair!
    The letter I got said nothing in relation to this!

Advertisement