Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest Village Launch Spring 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

You new hood is now on Waze, and it will be live in the next update, typically a few days. Here's a link to the livemap and a screenshot from the editor:

9K4CM7J.png

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CitywestMan

ClaireK : Which estate do you live in Citywest ? I do tend to agree that there is a high density of Feral youth in the area and they tend to engage in anti-social behavior since their parents seem to have had them pretty much for the increase in dole or to move up free housing list.

Having said that - have you personally been a victim/car broken into ? Also, I know there have been a couple of armed robberies over the last 3/4 years but not an unusual amount ( they happen all over the city, including Dalkey).

Like I mentioned before - there is a crap area near every good area in Dublin ( barring Ranelagh, which I think is in an amazing spot but beyond anyone's budget). Most new developments in Balgriffin/Hansfield etc are near areas like Blanchardstown, Darndale and have their own share of rough neighborhoods. The good thing about CW Village is that the same security team that patrols the business campus would look after the estate and its pretty much part of the business campus ( most houses bought by professionals from offices across the road)

I would rate the area a 5.5 on a 10, but for the price bracket and the connectivity - its a very good deal.

Simple calculation - if you pay a rent of 1400 Eur elsewhere - you stay in the new house for 5 years, you've saved 84000 Euros. Even if you have to sell the house at same price you bought it or even 20k less - you save 50k plus over 5 years. Don't overthink it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cityhome85

Claire K wrote: »
    We went to view the first phase of citywest and compared to other new houses we've seen we really like the design of them and the layout. And they are close to the luas and the prices are reasonable. The only hesitation I would have in buying in the second phase is that we currently rent in citywest the past 2 years and there just seems to be a lot of crime in the area cars been broken into, cars being abandoned armed robberies etc. prior to that we lived in saggart for the past 8 years and there was never anything like that. The only reason we moved was because it was being sold but we couldn't afford anywhere else only citywest as rents are crazy at the moment and we wanted to save to buy. It also seems there is an abundance of young teenagers in the area that hang around in gangs near the shopping centre and McDonalds.

Therefore id be wary of the fact that citywest village is so close to brookview and jobstown , its a shame as its the only thing that putting me off I love the houses themselves and the way they've been designed but id be afraid in a few years that the area would become run-down like other areas of tallaght and we'd end up regretting it and be unable to sell it in the future.

Has anyone else been worried about the high crime rate in neighbouring estates Or am I completely overthinking it ???

Hey,

All very valid concerns and I've been in your position myself -

I think you could live in Ballsbridge and your house could still be broken into. Jobstown isn't on your doorstep either nor is Brookfield. Teenager will congregate at shopping centres and mc donalds..wherever they may be.

I don't think after getting your mortgage that you'd let your house/area go to ruin. It's also privately managed so that won't happen.

I'd invest in a good alarm system and I would be grateful for the business park nearby which has it's own patrolling security. I guess having the luas close might add to security too or maybe not.

I've bought in Citywest Village and found people always point out the negatives regarding the areas/surrounding areas reputation, I suppose that's a risk you take. Everyone has a story...we just don't all need to hear it or we.would never leave the house haha

Personally I'm not worried and it will hopefully be a great community to live in. The positive aspects outway the negative aspects (which exist wherever you buy).

Maybe I'm too optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Claire K

Thanks for the advice peops I know there is good and bad everywhere I'm probably just a bit more sceptical now because my car was broken into , we are in the belfry at the moment. The closeness to the luas is a big plus , I really like rathcoole but the public transport is just not regular enough from there. It is good that for security reasons it is so close to the business park which in fairness is also well maintained. I do still really like the houses and they are more affordable than some of the new houses out there and I really like that they are only two storeys not mad on the 3 Storeys that have become all the rage lately. And I do think they are much nicer than the Cuill Dhuinn ones. We also have the added advantage of knowing the area quite well now too so that is also a plus. Just hope the prices don't go up too much in the next phase

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cityhome85

Thanks for the advice peops I know there is good and bad everywhere I'm probably just a bit more sceptical now because my car was broken into , we are in the belfry at the moment. The closeness to the luas is a big plus , I really like rathcoole but the public transport is just not regular enough from there. It is good that for security reasons it is so close to the business park which in fairness is also well maintained. I do still really like the houses and they are more affordable than some of the new houses out there and I really like that they are only two storeys not mad on the 3 Storeys that have become all the rage lately. And I do think they are much nicer than the Cuill Dhuinn ones. We also have the added advantage of knowing the area quite well now too so that is also a plus. Just hope the prices don't go up too much in the next phase

Best of luck Claire K.

Fingers Crossed they stay at the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭New Home Help

Has anyone moved in yet? Or what date have you been told? I was told the first lot was moving in July?

Has anyone moved in yet? Or what date have you been told? I was told the first lot was moving in July?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eiratron82

We went to view the first phase of citywest and compared to other new houses we've seen we really like the design of them and the layout. And they are close to the luas and the prices are reasonable. The only hesitation I would have in buying in the second phase is that we currently rent in citywest the past 2 years and there just seems to be a lot of crime in the area cars been broken into, cars being abandoned armed robberies etc. prior to that we lived in saggart for the past 8 years and there was never anything like that. The only reason we moved was because it was being sold but we couldn't afford anywhere else only citywest as rents are crazy at the moment and we wanted to save to buy. It also seems there is an abundance of young teenagers in the area that hang around in gangs near the shopping centre and McDonalds.

Therefore id be wary of the fact that citywest village is so close to brookview and jobstown , its a shame as its the only thing that putting me off I love the houses themselves and the way they've been designed but id be afraid in a few years that the area would become run-down like other areas of tallaght and we'd end up regretting it and be unable to sell it in the future.

Has anyone else been worried about the high crime rate in neighbouring estates Or am I completely overthinking it ???
    Hi

I have bought a house in Phase 1 that is due to be ready in December. By the looks of things, they are well on track. Really excited about moving in.

In relation to security, this was my main concern about this development. However, twice while I was around the site having a look at the progress of my house. a security van pulled up asking me what I was doing. This is very reassuring. I asked about security before I bought the house and I was reassured that the houses would be very secure as there are security cameras covering the site and a team of security guards working around the clock. To be honest, I got the impression that it was really important to the developers that they would be very secure as they are aware of the potential in the area.

Really excited about getting settled into my new neighbourhood and looking forward to getting to know those of you who will also be moving in in the coming months!

Hi all,

I have heard some people moved in last Friday?! Is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eiratron82

Yes! I was up there earlier to take a look at how my house is getting on. Delighted to see the roof taking shape. Was also thrilled to see 2 cars parked outside houses and life being breathed into the first phase.

Was approached by security when I was taking the photos. I hope they start to recognise me soon! Glad to see how on the ball they are all the same.

• Advertisement

Drove up yesterday evening also and was great to be able to drive through the gates!
    Do we know when the next batch will be moving in?
    Looking forward to the place getting lots of life around! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Yautja27

I've bought a new home in Citywest Village which is currently being built at the moment. Having some trouble with the builders unfortunately with regard to small changes to its construction i.e the installation of more electrical sockets, outside water access for tap etc.

Have any of you that have bought in phase 1 had any issues in relation to this? or problems with Nolans kitchen?

Cant wait to move in, we were told February it will be ready!

Looking forward to meeting any new homeowners and helping to create a nice family friendly community and in the future possibly setting up a residents committee, neighbourhood watch, neighbourhood WhatsApp group etc.

Speak to you guys soon!

Hello Yatuja27

I've bought a home as well and hoping to move in February.

What issues did you have with Nolan/builders ? We didn't put in any request yet as we might want some additional closets/bigger freezer space etc before we move in.

Also, do you know if the attic has flooring or if its one of the complex ones ?

I've bought in 'The Close' - 3 Bed Semi. What street are you on ?

Cheers

Hey CitywestMan,

Haven't had any conversations with Nolan kitchens yet but anticipate we will be making some changes because the kitchen storage space is very limited. We intend to turn the designated fridge/freezer space into storage and have an american fridge on its own against the wall.

As far as the attic is concerned, we were informed that planning permission would be required to convert the attic as the high ceilings and roof shape cuts into the space, storage space at best it seems. Not sure if it will be wired for a light however.

See you in February it seems!

Ah - that's a bummer with the attic. I was hoping to get it converted before we move in.

I agree with the storage space in the kitchen - it's pretty limited and would need some additional work done.

Regarding the other things you mentioned - like a tap in the garden and power outlets - who should we contact to give in some inputs ? ( if its worth making an effort). So far our only point of contact is Sherry Fitzgerald.

Hi All,

It's great to see some activity here from people that have bought.

I have also bought in Phase 1, was originally told move in date was Feb.

My partner went to the site last week to see what we could change and he was told absolutely nothing at all could be changed and was told our date would actually be March!

We wanted to get the attic prepped and socket and tap outside.

@Yautja27 that would be great to have neighbourhood groups / watch etc. Friends of mine have bought new houses in Dodderbrook and also Elder Heath and both have 2 good private Facebook groups with ongoing updates from residents and is great for different ideas / contacts etc.

@Yautja27 @CitywestMan are you going directly to Nolan Kitchens re: changes?

If you get any updates on any changes allowed, could you please let me know.

Thanks guys

Hey!

@CityWestMan yeah, its a shame about that the attic that it will only really ever be used for storage, another bedroom would be ideal but with the design of the house we were told it would be expensive to convert it. We have made contact with Sherry Fitzgerald but received a generic email back saying that Davy Hickey properties ensure the houses are built to the highest specification and as such no deviation from the plans will be accepted.

@NewHomeHelp We've been to the site a few times, no mention of the March move in that however. Even if they don't allow changes because of the positioning of the sink against the rear garden wall its not a big job to have a tap installed yourself. Socket is a little bit trickier but can be done without much fuss. We haven't spoken to Nolan kitchens just yet but intend to in the near future. Yeah i believe a neighbourhood watch/facebook page/whatsapp would be imperative to maintain security and peace of mind in the village. Floors and an alarm are the first thing we are getting put in the house!

Dying to move in and meet everyone!

@Yautja27 @CityWestMan which house did you get?

I suppose if they are not making changes to the houses, they should be on time really!

Do you know what the story is with paint? Is the house painted in one colour throughout?
    Or same as the show house, few different colours?

I went for a 3 Bed Semi.

They told me upfront that the attic conversion will be a costly one as it requires lot of work - I took that into account and I think the cost vs space generated is worth the investment.

The 3 bedroom is actually 2.5 beds, so I figured we would need more space for sure.

Perhaps if a couple of people come together we might be able to get a good deal from an attic company

That is an excellent idea, if we get a few people together we could possibly get a good deal! I would definatly be up for that....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭thoker

Nothings but young dirtbikers beside the Luas on which no one but me buy a ticket/leapcard ,no Garda station near it, the lawless west

The attic conversion idea is a good one and its definitely worth checking out prices if we all went in together. First step is furnishing the empty house though!

Think the nearest Garda station is Tallaght or Rathcoole, Rathcoole is probably closer.

Exactly and once we get our group up and running we can organise that :) And with a bit of luck if we all come together we can get whatever we need done at a good price!

Rathcoole Garda Station does seem the closest, judging on Google Maps - 5 mins drive away.

I think we will be safe enough though with our 24 hour security!

Does anyone know what way the house will be painted - one colour throughout or the same as the show house? Different colours?

Also what would be our nearest local pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Joe_Biscuits

Hi @CitywestMan - I also just purchased a 3 bed semi in the Close. I am now having slight concerns as they have yet to send me the official plans for the PINE house. I looked at the foundations last night and the bay window seems to be ommitted. Have you got a plan yet for the house, is it the Pine house you are getting also? Thanks.....

The Citywest Village brochure says that all walls, ceilings and joinery will be painted in a standard colour, whatever that means. The closest pubs would be in Saggart Village i suppose, unless you want to go to the Citywest Hotel.

@Joe_Biscuits, have you signed your contract yet? The floor plan should be in that.

I was originally told the layout of my house would be the same as the show house, but in fact turns out that everything is on the opposite side.

@Yautja27 none are really walking distance are they! We will have to have some street parties :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Joe_Biscuits

@New Home Help I only put the holding deposit down last week and I am waiting on the contracts to be sent out - I got a house that came back on the market (I think I am being lucky). The house type I went for was the Pine but there was no show house for this and I got a basic floor plan but looking at the foundations it has changed from what I received. The people in Sherry Fitz have been really helpful so far and I requested a plan this morning to see what it will actually look like. I am really excited about moving in (March I think).

We were told we are moving in February, that may have changed to March by the sound of it but our foundations seem to be flying up! Sounds likes you got very lucky! I wonder what the prices will rise by in Phase 2?!

Just from reading around other forums and stuff seemly they won't go up too much because they will still have to be reasonable enough beside the other 2 sites - Cuil Duin and Silken Park, which are both cheaper. Anyone else think anything different?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Spencer33

Hi Guys, I too have purchased on the Close and I too am struggling to have any changes made to the plan.
    Great idea to come together re: attic conversions and whatsapp groups, include me in pls.

Advertisement