Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Guest Service Agent Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

For Ground operations I interviewed on 4th of January, got offered job on 1st February having heard absolutely nothing in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭luj

Qprmeath wrote: »
    For Ground operations I interviewed on 4th of January, got offered job on 1st February having heard absolutely nothing in the meantime.

I'm sure you will hear of a start date soon. At least you got a job offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Aviationman

you having heard anything yet no?

I take it no news Aviationman?? Very long time to wait. 4 weeks today!!

luj wrote: »
    I take it no news Aviationman?? Very long time to wait. 4 weeks today!!

nothing! i know it's taking forever but i'd say HR are very busy as their hiring across the company so i hope it is just taking them awhile to get onto people... hopefully

• Advertisement

nothing! i know it's taking forever but i'd say HR are very busy as their hiring across the company so i hope it is just taking them awhile to get onto people... hopefully

At my interview they said I'd hear between 2 and 4 weeks? Did they say anything like that to you ?

At my interview they said I'd hear between 2 and 4 weeks? Did they say anything like that to you ?

i never asked them how long it would be and they never said.. my mum and dad both work in aerlingus and they said that it can take awhile for them to get back to you... also my friend went for cabin crew last year and got it and it took them ages to get back to her also... if they were looking for references for us i'm sure that's a positive sign so hopefully they get back to us this week

i never asked them how long it would be and they never said.. my mum and dad both work in aerlingus and they said that it can take awhile for them to get back to you... also my friend went for cabin crew last year and got it and it took them ages to get back to her also... if they were looking for references for us i'm sure that's a positive sign so hopefully they get back to us this week

That's a good sign so & at least you have some inside information!! Remember let me know if you hear anything & I'll do the same

That's a good sign so & at least you have some inside information!! Remember let me know if you hear anything & I'll do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

As I said I interviewed on Jan 4th got offered job on 1st Feb. I heard nothing in between those 2 dates despite emailing for updates. I am now waiting to hear about my medical and have to fill out a form detailing my employment for the last 5 years. Given start date 20th March. Are you also going for ground ops?

• Advertisement

As I said I interviewed on Jan 4th got offered job on 1st Feb. I heard nothing in between those 2 dates despite emailing for updates. I am now waiting to hear about my medical and have to fill out a form detailing my employment for the last 5 years. Given start date 20th March. Are you also going for ground ops?

sorry that was meant for luj... i'm going for guest service agent

Any news yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cianm

Any news yet??

I'm currently in the same situation as ye at the moment. Interviewed 4 weeks ago today and still no reply. I've heard that EI are bringing in unsuccessful cabin crew applications as guest service agents first.

cianm wrote: »
    I'm currently in the same situation as ye at the moment. Interviewed 4 weeks ago today and still no reply. I've heard that EI are bringing in unsuccessful cabin crew applications as guest service agents first.

That's not fair on us who atttended interviews specifically for Guest Services. But hopefully we will hear something soon!. Do you know if they rang your references?

That's not fair on us who atttended interviews specifically for Guest Services. But hopefully we will hear something soon!. Do you know if they rang your references?

It's not fair but we will just have to wait and see. Yes they contacted my references. I would really expect to hear something next week as it's been 4 weeks at this stage. How did your interview go? I also heard that the standard of interviews was high. The waiting is killing me at the moment...

It's not fair but we will just have to wait and see. Yes they contacted my references. I would really expect to hear something next week as it's been 4 weeks at this stage. How did your interview go? I also heard that the standard of interviews was high. The waiting is killing me at the moment...

That's true, the waiting is killing me too! They should let people know instead of leaving them hanging on wondering...I was told at my interview that I would hear back between 2 and 4 weeks and it's just over the 4 now... my interview went well I think but who knows! How did yours go? EI contacted my references as well.

sorry that was meant for luj... i'm going for guest service agent

Have you heard anything at all ??

Have you heard anything at all ??

nope still nothing

nope still nothing

I'm sick of the waiting at this stage!!

Any news cianm??

• Advertisement

Any news cianm??

No, still no news at the moment. Really is taking them a long time to get back to us... If I hear anything I'll be sure to post!

Any news cianm??

i got my call yesterday, i start training on the 20th of March! provided i pass the medical

Congratulations!! Well done. :) What time did they ring you at??? When is your medical? Hopefully rest of us will hear something soon one way or the other...

Congratulations!! Well done. :) What time did they ring you at??? When is your medical? Hopefully rest of us will hear something soon one way or the other...

they rang at about 14:30... not sure when the medical is they said they'd ring me next week about all that and email me my form for the 5 year background check for my ID! hope you'd hear something soon!

Keep me posted on your progress with the medical etc... I'll let you know if & when I hear anything!! Well done again :)

Keep me posted on your progress with the medical etc... I'll let you know if & when I hear anything!! Well done again :)

Any word yet luj?

Any word yet luj?

No word yet cianm, what about you ?

No word yet cianm, what about you ?

Unfortunately not, it sure is taking them a long time to contact us :mad:

Unfortunately not, it sure is taking them a long time to contact us :mad:

I rang up & they said that it's still ongoing and will should hear soon one way or the other. But soon could mean weeks!!! :-(

• Advertisement

I rang up & they said that it's still ongoing and will should hear soon one way or the other. But soon could mean weeks!!! :-(

Let the waiting game continue!:mad:

Advertisement