Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Guest Service Agent Recruitment

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 TheLass

so i finished my training about 4 weeks ago, the training is fine just need to keep up on your work! there has been already 3 groups training and rumour has it there is another 2 groups coming. Trainer is lovely and all the staff are really nice too! your trained for check in during the two weeks training and i already got training for boarding a few weeks ago but i hear they're not doing any more boarding training as there are too many new people at boarding and they want to concentrate on getting them
    experience as it's more difficult up there. most shifts start at 3am/3:30am/4am which is tough but you get use to it! there are later shifts too like 1pm
    etc! your either rosterd 4,6,8 or 10
    hour shifts! you get a monthly roster which is great!! contracts are a minimum of 20 hours and they can roster you a maximum of 40 hours a week. So much over time going people generally come out with up to 50 odd hours a week if you want woth over time! swapping shifts is so easy and flexible so if you have holidays or plans don't worry as they're helpful! good luck with the training enjoy it don't worry about it it's not overly difficult! see ya'll up in the station soon! :)

Thank you so much for sharing, it's great to hear you like it. I'm the same as Luj just waiting to be called for medical, starting on 15th. I'm looking forward to the training

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭luj

Anyone heard about the Medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cianm

luj wrote: »

No haven't heard yet... I'm in the process of getting Garda vetted, would imagine that we will be notified of the medical after that process. Have you got Garda vetted yet?

cianm wrote: »
    No haven't heard yet... I'm in the process of getting Garda vetted, would imagine that we will be notified of the medical after that process. Have you got Garda vetted yet?

Same here I'm at the Garda vetting process too. Hopefully we should hear something soon then :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tina Sparkle

Does anyone have experience of being placed on a panel and did it have a happy outcome?

• Advertisement

Does anyone have experience of being placed on a panel and did it have a happy outcome?

Hi Tina, There's a group of us here on this thread that were placed on a panel in January and we were contacted 3 weeks ago. We're all starting this month! What position did you apply for? Best of luck, hope you get called!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Whoever came up with this 'Guest Service Agent ' title needs a good shoeing.

That said best of luck to everyone starting up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tina Sparkle

Hi Tina, There's a group of us here on this thread that were placed on a panel in January and we were contacted 3 weeks ago. We're all starting this month! What position did you apply for? Best of luck, hope you get called!

Thanks Cianm! It's an ops role, not guest services :)

Not yet - Have sent back the Garda Vetting stuff and got confirmation that it was received - thats all so far

Got a call for my medical for next Friday and attending a meet & greet on Thursday. Anybody else?? :-)

• Advertisement

Got a call for my medical for next Friday and attending a meet & greet on Thursday. Anybody else?? :-)

Yes - same here Meet and Greet Thursday and Medical on Friday - I finish my job on Wednesday evening so perfectly timed (see you on Thursday)

TheLass wrote: »
    Yes - same here Meet and Greet Thursday and Medical on Friday - I finish my job on Wednesday evening so perfectly timed (see you on Thursday)

That's great! See you Thursday. Be nice to put a face to the name :-)

That's great! See you Thursday. Be nice to put a face to the name :-)

Best of luck with your training guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Are ye training in Dublin? The white zone car park in Dublin has been heaving the last few weeks with all the people training for various roles.

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Are ye training in Dublin? The white zone car park in Dublin has been heaving the last few weeks with all the people training for various roles.

Yes training in Dublin. Is the car park very very busy? Hard to get parking?

yes I'm in Dublin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

If you are starting 8 or 9am you should be ok. Anyone starting shifts 11 or 1pm is having huge trouble at the moment. The management are blaming all the people training as they are there in daytime hours whereas if they were working their shifts would be spread out

If you are starting 8 or 9am you should be ok. Anyone starting shifts 11 or 1pm is having huge trouble at the moment. The management are blaming all the people training as they are there in daytime hours whereas if they were working their shifts would be spread out

I hope there will be parking !!

Best of luck with your training guys! :)

Thanks cianm :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭rudders

Hi guys, I've an interview for guest service tomorrow. Can anyone shine a light on questions that are asked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 AircraftA320

Hey Guys,
    Only came across this thread now! Very Handy!
    I got a call for this position yesterday :) training date yet to be confirmed but looking good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AircraftA320

Does anyone know by any chance - what is involved in the training? How long is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jambori

Does anyone know by any chance - what is involved in the training? How long is it?

Yeah would love to know what is involved in the training as well - are there tests I wonder? I know the training is 2wks, I'm starting training sometime at the beginning of July!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Monica2002

Hi guys, could anyone tell me how long till they check your references if they are interested in you of course..I had my interview last Thursday. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ennao

I applied for cabin crew last year and my interview was in November, I got a call a few weeks ago and they offered me guest service agent and put me on a panel for cabin crew, just wondering can anybody tell me what the training entails and what's the whole process involved with the lead up to it,thanks in advance 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Becksor95

What did people wear to the meet and greet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ennao

Becksor95 wrote: »
    What did people wear to the meet and greet ?

I wore casual formal clothes flat shoes and smart pantsuits just casual top, other people there also dressed like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Becksor95

Ennao wrote: »
    I wore casual formal clothes flat shoes and smart pantsuits just casual top, other people there also dressed like this.

I've a meet and greet tomorrow ! Do girls wear their hair up in a bun or down ??

Advertisement