Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Guest Service Agent Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭luj

cianm wrote: »
    Let the waiting game continue!:mad:

It looks that way ! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 30 TheLass

Congratulations Aviationman- I'm also waiting to hear back - Interviewed in early January

TheLass wrote: »
    Congratulations Aviationman- I'm also waiting to hear back - Interviewed in early January

When was your interview? I'm in the same position as yourself... the waiting game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cianm

Just after getting an email saying, "Further to your application for the position of Guest Service Agents. I am pleased to advise you that we are placing your name on a panel from which we will draw to fill any further vacancies that may arise in the near future.

This panel will be kept open until 23/08/2017.

If you are not offered a position before the panel expires, you must reapply when this position is re-advertised."

Just after getting an email saying, "Further to your application for the position of Guest Service Agents. I am pleased to advise you that we are placing your name on a panel from which we will draw to fill any further vacancies that may arise in the near future.

This panel will be kept open until 23/08/2017.

If you are not offered a position before the panel expires, you must reapply when this position is re-advertised."

I'm just after getting the same email too. Took them long enough just to let us know that !!

• Advertisement

luj wrote: »
    I'm just after getting the same email too. Took them long enough just to let us know that !!

I'm guessing we could be picked if people fail the training course/medical etc but we were not picked for the job. There is still hope but it's very doubtful now.

I'm guessing we could be picked if people fail the training course/medical etc but we were not picked for the job. There is still hope but it's very doubtful now.

I totally agree. I heard they took on too many cabin crew & some of them got offered the Guest Services job...

I totally agree. I heard they took on too many cabin crew & some of them got offered the Guest Services job...

Very unfair :(

Very unfair :(

Oh it sure is. If you hear back from them in the meantime which I doubt will you let me know?? :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

What's your scorce for this? Or is it the usual, I heard from a friend who knows someone's Sister, whose best mate heard this from someone in the know!

• Advertisement

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    What's your scorce for this? Or is it the usual, I heard from a friend who knows someone's Sister, whose best mate heard this from someone in the know!

No not the "Usual" but a very reliable source

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Ah lads, sorry to hear that, you be better off with a flat rejection than that kind of a response. Ye cant put your life on hold on that basis.

Oh it sure is. If you hear back from them in the meantime which I doubt will you let me know?? :-(

Yes of course and likewise if you hear! Best of luck with your further endeavours. Will you apply next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

No not the "Usual" but a very reliable source

I find it very hard to believe that the EI HR Dept would have "over recruited" in a particular position, especially such a high profile one.
    Bearing in mind that such a significant recruiting program would have been planned long in advance and also would have to have the necessary budgetary allocations and approvals from senior management before it commenced.
    Perhaps such slip shod recruiting campaigns may happened in the days when it was state owned, but again I would be very sceptical.

Yes of course and likewise if you hear! Best of luck with your further endeavours. Will you apply next year?

I must likely will apply again will you? but with a bit of luck we both be called from the panel. Best of luck to you too & keep in touch with any developments.

I applied for that too but didn't even reach the interview stage. Just out of interest have ye experience of working in the airport? I'm hoping to apply again next year and have taken a ground operations role this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 TheLass

I just got the same email - on the panel - Lets hope we do get called.

Qprmeath wrote: »
    I applied for that too but didn't even reach the interview stage. Just out of interest have ye experience of working in the airport? I'm hoping to apply again next year and have taken a ground operations role this year.

Yes I've worked in the airport before... Definitely apply again next year but at least you've taken the job in ground operations. How did your medical go?

TheLass wrote: »
    I just got the same email - on the panel - Lets hope we do get called.

Fingers crossed !! Don't know very much about being on a panel

Yes I've worked in the airport before... Definitely apply again next year but at least you've taken the job in ground operations. How did your medical go?

Medical went fine as far as I know. Ended up going in twice as they forgot to do a VDU test the first time for some reason. Was worried they brought me back in because of a problem the first time but they assured me this wasn't the case.

• Advertisement

I must likely will apply again will you? but with a bit of luck we both be called from the panel. Best of luck to you too & keep in touch with any developments.

Yes I will apply again if I don't get called sooner. Best of luck, keep in touch also! :)

Did you apply for both the Guest Service Agent & Ground Ops jobs? No, I've no experience working in the airport... Best of luck with the ground ops job! :)

Medical went fine as far as I know. Ended up going in twice as they forgot to do a VDU test the first time for some reason. Was worried they brought me back in because of a problem the first time but they assured me this wasn't the case.

Ah I'm sure you passed it with flying colours!! What did it entail ??

Ah I'm sure you passed it with flying colours!! What did it entail ??

Blood pressure check, hearing test, eye test, height and weight check and fill out big questionnaire of medical history.

Blood pressure check, hearing test, eye test, height and weight check and fill out big questionnaire of medical history.

Was the hearing test hard?

Was the hearing test hard?

Yes hard enough. Was really disorientating as last few sounds were barely audible

Yes hard enough. Was really disorientating as last few sounds were barely audible

That would be my worry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkonian41

I just sat the assessment today, has anybody else?

I just sat the assessment today, has anybody else?

Was that online or inhouse?
    Did online assessments in December but got rejection email in January? Are they still recruiting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkonian41

Hi All, has anyone attended interviews for Guest Service Agents in the last few weeks? I have but haven't heard anything back ??

Hi Luj, it was in house, I applied last week and I sat the assessment today!

Advertisement