Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Free Agency/Off Season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

adrian522 wrote: »
    For the 49ers I'd give up the number 2 pick for washington's number 17. But I'd prefer to wait a year and get him for nothing. Can't see Dallas trading Romo to Wasington in any case.

I'd like to see SF make a run at Taylor, if that is a no go then one of the journeymen QB's or even cutler and then look to cousins or the draft in 2018. No sense in giving up the farm for cousins, the 49ers don't need to overpay for a QB this year.

I'd agree the 49s are a lot note than a quarterback away from being competitive again, don't see much sense in giving away picks at this stage. Build the roster this year then hope to get cousins as a free agent next year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Or draft a qb from next year's class which looks a lot more promising by all accounts than this one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Kenny Britt expecting a 4/5 year deal @ 8mil per years it seems, thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

As Joe duffy would say

good luck with that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

He probably had a look at Tavon Austin's contract and worked from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

He was the Rams most productive WR last season so if other Rams WR are making more than him I csan see why he would want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

I dont think hes going back to la. Would like to see him in washington linking up with kirk if they let jackson walk

He'll probably get that somewhere. 1000 yards receiving when Keenum and Goff were throwing to you is good going. However if I was a GM I would be very wary of anyone who posts career highs in the last year of their contract, will they still be as motivated once they get paid

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The 49ers are to release Torrey Smith. This will clear nearly $5m in cap space. If they make him a June 1st cut they'd clear $9m but probably no need for that given the $90+ in cap space for 2017.

The 49ers have been connected to Terrelle Pryor, Alshon Jeffery, and Kenny Britt in free agency, and have ten draft picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

49ers release Bethea gaining $5.75 million towards the cap space. Nearly up to $100m now, catching up on the Browns for total cap space. Unfortunately that's no help when the season starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Brandon Marshall going to the Giants for 2 yrs/$12m apparently. Decent signing for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

infacteh wrote: »
    Brandon Marshall going to the Giants for 2 yrs/$12m apparently. Decent signing for them.

Great bit of business, delighted with it. I'll take a guess and assume it is closer to a 1 year deal.

He is a perfect compliment with OBJ & Sheppard already there, on paper at least it is one of the best WR trio's in the league now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I think it was known he wanted to stay in NY but gets a good deal.

Giants will have a very good WR corps next year

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tvisdead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I think it was known he wanted to stay in NY but gets a good deal.

Giants will have a very good WR corps next year

Beckham, Sheppard and Marshall, better hope Eli cuts down his interception numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

they've made a good receiving core even better. It'll be interesting to see what the guaranteed money will be. So happy he didnt sign with the Pats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

He could be a big signing for us. In theory it will be hard to double him and Beckham

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    He could be a big signing for us. In theory it will be hard to double him and Beckham

Sheppard had a very solid rookie year as well so it can only help him as well.

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/839509575413940224

if this is true it makes the Marshall deal look even better! Cant believe Garcon is getting that sort of money in 2017

phatkev wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/839509575413940224

if this is true it makes the Marshall deal look even better! Cant believe Garcon is getting that sort of money in 2017

Will make him 2nd highest paid WR in 2017 as of now anyway. Good money for a 31 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well it depends on guarenteed vs incentives etc that most deals are made up of. I doubt he is getting $16m guarenteed at all. I'd hope not at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Not really a massive issue if 49ers are front loading contracts though, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

The 49ers are also going to be the Man Utd of this free agency as every agent is going to use their name/interest to leverage as much money as they can out of their suitors.

Bills have restructured Tyrods contract, good bit of business. I was kind of hoping he'd find his way to the Jets

Romo being released tomorrow per Schefter

Titans have released NT Al Woods, some thoughts that a new NT is incoming

Dontari Poe??

coco0981 wrote: »
    Dontari Poe??

Potentially but it seems he wants 10 million, i dont think we need that help at that cost on our D-line tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Bryan Hoyer to 49ers

• Advertisement

Brandon Williams maybe, but he's going to be looking big bucks as well

Advertisement