Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Free Agency/Off Season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Melvin Ingram gets the tag too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Steelers and Antonio Brown have reached agreement on deal to make him highest paid WR in NFL
    4 yr extension for $68 Million

Averaging out at $17 million per year, sets the bench-mark for OBJ being re-contracted in the next year. Would be shocked if OBJ doesn't top $20 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,965 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Averaging out at $17 million per year, sets the bench-mark for OBJ being re-contracted in the next year. Would be shocked if OBJ doesn't top $20 million.
    I wouldn't be surprised at what OBJ gets because he is a superstar in New York but based on play he doesn't deserve to match Brown's contract imo. Brown has been very close to the top of the pile on total yards from scrimmage in three of the last four years, this year he was 11th, he missed a game and was without Big Ben for two, but he still put up big numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

eagle eye wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised at what OBJ gets because he is a superstar in New York but based on play he doesn't deserve to match Brown's contract imo. Brown has been very close to the top of the pile on total yards from scrimmage in three of the last four years, this year he was 11th, he missed a game and was without Big Ben for two, but he still put up big numbers.

Odell will only turn 25 in November, AB turns 29 in July. I agree that AB is possibly the best (Julio Jones is up there) but if OBJ can do things AB can only dream of.

If OBJ gets to a consistent level (play & emotions) it wouldn't surprise me to see him break 2,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Odell will only turn 25 in November, AB turns 29 in July. I agree that AB is possibly the best (Julio Jones is up there) but if OBJ can do things AB can only dream of.

If OBJ gets to a consistent level (play & emotions) it wouldn't surprise me to see him break 2,000.

is he joining the falcons, saints, packers or steelers cos he's not getting 2,000 with Eli under centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭cosatron

brinty wrote: »
    is he joining the falcons, saints, packers or steelers cos he's not getting 2,000 with Eli under centre.

can't spell believe without ELI:D:D:D

cosatron wrote: »
    can't spell believe without ELI:D:D:D

Can't spell unrELIable without ELI too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Can't spell "delivers Super Bowls" either.

Or "weak arm, my granny could throw Belinda Carlisle further than he could throw a football".

So I don't know what to think

AP is hitting the streets

Vikings not excerising the 2017 option on him

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

AP is hitting the streets

Vikings not excerising the 2017 option on him

Who picks him up I wonder? He's probably made great money so would he accept a cut price deal for a contender like the Patriots?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

He'll probably resign with the Vikings I would imagine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

****ing Texans will sign him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I would agree with JMH that Vikings are still favourites to resign him.

But I think there is a more than 50% chance he walks.

Nearly every team in the NFL is linked with him. I think the Redskins and Tampa Bay could work for both the player and team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

What do people think his market value will be now?

He'll be 32 soon, has a lot of mileage and some serious injury history. He's been a freak on return from injury before so that might play some role but I reckon it'll be a small one.

He can't really run out of the shotgun which is a major hindrance to modern offences and doesn't offer much of anything on 3rd and medium or long.

We're also on the precipice of what is a very highly touted draft in terms of RB talent.

So with all of this and rbs not really getting amazing pay in comparison to other positions (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/running-back/) can we see him getting even as much as 6m per year?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

78 million over 6 years for Berry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Kirk Cousins has been tagged again...

paulie21 wrote: »
    78 million over 6 years for Berry

Thats huge money for a safety

Not that he's undeserving

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Kirk Cousins has been tagged again...

Highest earning QB next year

Chiefs releasing Jamaal Charles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Who picks him up I wonder? He's probably made great money so would he accept a cut price deal for a contender like the Patriots?

What about green bay, they badly need a running back but at his age can he still do it for a full season

• Advertisement

coco0981 wrote: »
    What about green bay, they badly need a running back but at his age can he still do it for a full season

Divisional rival
    would he slap them in the face like that
    although they released him!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Chiefs releasing Jamaal Charles

Had to be done to free up money for Berry and Poe. He's in the same position as Peterson now, past 30 and coming off major injuries. Both will still have a choice of places to go

Divisional rival
    would he slap them in the face like that
    although they released him!!

Brett Favre showed it can be done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

AP wouldn't work in Green Bay for a number of reasons, the main one being he can't run out of shotgun, which is what they mostly run with Rodgers.

Charles is a possibility though I think

Darelle revisit released by the jets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Jets are doing some serious spring cleaning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Schefter:
    Once Colin Kaepernick officially opts out of his contract Thursday, the 49ers won't have a single QB under contract.‬

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Schefter:

Many would say that they didn't have a quarterback last season either

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans have re-signed Matt Cassell

Advertisement