Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gossies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Apparently Marissa is receiving abusive messages because of the blog post. Whaaat

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I thought Marissa was nominated in 3? That's what she said on her snap last week anyhow? How come it's two now? Anyone know?

Honestly Marissa and co need to calm down and stop taking themselves so seriously. It's the bloody Gossies for God's sake. They can't hack the fact that this has called out the whole "ill scratch your back you scratch mine" culture that has enabled this kind of carry on. Such inane self congratulatory bs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

idunno78 wrote: »
    I thought Marissa was nominated in 3? That's what she said on her snap last week anyhow? How come it's two now? Anyone know?

That's right, she said "not one, not two but three", that's odd, unless she was just repeating the impression Doireann Garrihy did of her as she used that line too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Deffo gonna cause a divide in the irish blogging bubble no harn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

The whole thing is ridiculous, on both sides. All parties are coming across badly in this, even Rosemary, whose point I actually agree with in general- but there's something about the manner in which people are conducting themselves in this that just smacks of delusion and cattiness.

It's so bloody unimportant at the end of the day- don't go if you don't want to go, and go if you do.

I'm a firm believer in "you do you", or as Amy Poehler would say: "Good for her! Not for me". That's not to say you can't call someone out on something you fundamentally disagree with- but say your bit, and move on. Both sides need to do this. It's embarrassing all round tbh.

It's kind of funny that some people are getting so worked up about it, when 80-90% of the country neither know or care about blogging/celebrity stuff that goes on in Ireland. It's actually brought far more publicity to the Gossies than anything else. Maybe that's been the plan all along :D

Was Rosemary asking people to vote for her last week? Wonder what happened in the meantime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

anna080 wrote: »
    Was Rosemary asking people to vote for her last week? Wonder what happened in the meantime

She changed her mind.

• Advertisement

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    She changed her mind.

No sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

No sh1t.

Seems like she just had enough of all the nonsense of what this so called award stands for, doesn't it? Best I don't say too much more or some poster here might get a tad touchy and go off on one .God forbid an opinion or several may be expressed in an actual discussion thread.

I don't remember Rosemary ever asking anyone to vote for her on this particular nomination

I just saw it on that Emma ones Twitter who heyjude88 mentioned is an employee of Goss. My question wasn't a dig or anything I was just wondering had I missed something since I don't follow her.

ratmouse wrote: »
    Seems like she just had enough of all the nonsense of what this so called award stands for, doesn't it? Best I don't say too much more or some poster here might get a tad touchy and go off on one .God forbid an opinion or several may be expressed in an actual discussion thread.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

bigpink wrote: »
    I think Rosemary doesnt come across great either.Touch of a attention seeker in her

You've made the point several times already now at this stage!! Lol

Yes, you're only allowed to make the "Rosemary's post is great" point over and over, don't you know. Lol.

Yes, you're only allowed to make the "Rosemary's post is great" point over and over, don't you know. Lol.

To be honest if you see someone doing that; repeatedly praising her for the same thing over and over, I think you would do us all a favour if you called them out in it, there are likely posters here who have hidden agendas when it comes to Irish Bloggers, not everyone here is being transparent.

GingerLily wrote: »
    To be honest if you see someone doing that; repeatedly praising her for the same thing over and over, I think you would do us all a favour if you called them out in it, there are likely posters here who have hidden agendas when it comes to Irish Bloggers, not everyone here is being transparent.

Careful now, you're derailing the thread. Maybe start another thread called "posters' hidden agendas with Irish bloggers". Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Marissa had let herself down big time.
    Business woman trying to be a celebrity.
    Allowing herself to stay nominated for an event she sponsored lowers her in my estimation.
    She's a business woman who's going to
    Events where she's nominated for ridiculous awards. She's on Snapchat constantly promoting brands.
    I really don't get her I thought she had standards.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

What's going on here.... I haven't noticed of these things happening :O

It's all on RM and Marissa's twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Cria wrote: »
    Marissa had let herself down big time.
    Business women trying to be a celebrity.
    Allowing herself to stay nominated for an event she sponsored lowers her in my estimation.
    She's a business woman who's going to
    Events where she's nominated for ridiculous awards. She's on Snapchat constantly promoting brands.
    I really don't get her I thought she had standards.
    I presume that standards are set by the amount of revenue her activity on social media or this kind of awards bring. I might find the awards ridiculous but they might be of interest to her target audience. I'm not defending dishonest advertising but the myth of perfect business women (I hate that therm btw) here seems to be someone who is nice, sweet and has standards and doesn't make any money.

I use Cocoa Brown, have used it pretty much exclusively for the last 4 years, but I'm beginning to get a major turn off from the brand because of the way MC is handling herself regarding the "Gossies".

meeeeh wrote: »
    I presume that standards are set by the amount of revenue her activity on social media or this kind of awards bring. I might find the awards ridiculous but they might be of interest to her target audience. I'm not defending dishonest advertising but the myth of perfect business women (I hate that therm btw) here seems to be someone who is nice, sweet and has standards and doesn't make any money.

I don't find the awards ridiculous I find the categories she's nominated for ridiculous.
    The word girlboss irks me in the sense that does it make a difference that she's a woman who has her own business. Does it mean women who work for an employer are less than her.
    Award a woman who has her own business ?.
    It bothers me that a sponsor was nominated.
    It bothers me that she's promoting other sponsors it's all very you scratch my back I'll scratch yours.
    She has a successful business that's great promote your own business by all means but not at the expense of your integrity.

I just saw it on that Emma ones Twitter who heyjude88 mentioned is an employee of Goss. My question wasn't a dig or anything I was just wondering had I missed something since I don't follow her.

What's her Twitter name??

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Is there any where to see who was nominated for what? Have looked at website but it's gone now! Wondering has Marissa been taken of from the category she is sponsoring! I hadn't been following the whole gossie thing until over the wend and all this drama! It's mad!! They should just have let Rosemary have her say and not said anything!

GingerLily wrote: »
    I use Cocoa Brown, have used it pretty much exclusively for the last 4 years, but I'm beginning to get a major turn off from the brand because of the way MC is handling herself regarding the "Gossies".

That's exactly how I feel she's letting herself down on Twitter.
    She's doing the usual blogger who can't take criticism and blocking people.

She's turned Rosemary's post into a women vs women. Why can't rosemary have her own opinion about the gossies.

Rosemary is only saying what a lot of people are thinking only she's brave enough to say it.

What's her Twitter name??

Cria it's @cozzy279

Edit: I just googled her Twitter name and oddly it doesn't show up any results, but if you go into Marissa Carter's Twitter she retweeted a tweet from Emma today about some nonsense about RTE so you'll find her that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

The word girlboss irks me in the sense that does it make a difference that she's a woman who has her own business. Does it mean women who work for an employer are less than her.
    Award a woman who has her own business ?.
    For the record I hate how every afternoon baker calls themselves businesswoman and I hate girl boss expression even more. But there were always awards for successful business, I really don't see what is the problem there. It's not comparing them to women/people who work for an employer, it's comparing them to other business owners.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement