Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gossies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Off topic but what was Rosie Connolly asking people to donate for? I missed what it was about, just caught her thanking people for donating

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

anna080 wrote: »
    The dance music blaring as she pouted!! Classic
    Whats her snapchat name please?
    Rosie connolly was getting people to donate to the coastgaurds. Her father was sadly killed (?) At sea and they found him. I thougt it was a very generous idea from her. I know she is not everyones cup of tea but i like her, she seems sweet and not fake. Also seriously beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

dg19592

Rosie connolly was getting people to donate to the coastgaurds. Her father was sadly killed (?) At sea and they found him. I thougt it was a very generous idea from her. I know she is not everyones cup of tea but i like her, she seems sweet and not fake. Also seriously beautiful!

That is very nice of her. Fair play to her. Will have to disagree with the rest of your post though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 itsame123

I just went on to have a look, and to be honest it's like the bloody nickelodeon awards. Best celebrity couple, people I've never even heard of! I was actually embarrassed going through the categories

itsame123 wrote: »
    I just went on to have a look, and to be honest it's like the bloody nickelodeon awards. Best celebrity couple, people I've never even heard of! I was actually embarrassed going through the categories

Pity the won't get gunged with green slime when they collect the award like Nick awards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I know, Doireann Garrighy genuinely is very talented with her impersonations. She has those bloggers spot on and it's only when you see her being able to sum up in several lines what each one actaully is all about,which is not very much imo, that it is actually cringeworthy how irrelevant they all are.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BeeMee_123

ratmouse wrote: »

I know, Doireann Garrighy genuinely is very talented with her impersonations. She has those bloggers spot on and it's only when you see her being able to sum up in several lines what each one actaully is all about,which is not very much imo, that it is actually cringeworthy how irrelevant they all are.

Completely disagree with the irrelevant part hence mega following between them on all social media platforms.
    But agree she is bang on at impersonating, so funny :)

http://rosemarymaccabe.com/the-gossies-2017-not-going/

Yea so I'm basically in love with Rosemary now 😂

Edit: who was the blogger with no ticket??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=770ZOo-CBrA&feature=youtu.be

Too funny. Literally sums it all up :P

heyjude88 wrote: »

He's hilarious! Ali was kicking off on twitter about Rosemary's blog post. She does herself no favours. She would have been better off taking the high Road and completely ignoring the blog post, instead she has drawn massive attention to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Babyspice13

itsame123 wrote: »
    http://rosemarymaccabe.com/the-gossies-2017-not-going/

Yea so I'm basically in love with Rosemary now 😂

Edit: who was the blogger with no ticket??

Both brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

So roaemarys blog is down due to all the traffic
    #breaktheinternet

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

The Gossies are definitely getting some very poor publicity over the last few days! Love Rosemary's honesty. She's right, it's like a popularity contest with half of the nominee's sponsoring the awards! Ridiculous.

We have all called it here over the last few days. I'm happy Rosemary wrote it. She didn't go last year so she obviously thought about it long before this. The owner of goss has been hanging out with the nominees all week in different places, some are her proper friends like your that fella Rob Kenny. She was also showing off using her coco brown tan the other night

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

I don't follow Rosemary or Ali the Goss founder but I read Rosemary's post and kudos to her for writing it. Refreshingly honest.

Ali let herself down a little with her tweets, very bitchy and spiteful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is Rosemary playing the im the cool anti blogger angle?But still.making momey from clicks etc and being an influcener?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 heretogetreal

Rosemary's point was refreshingly honest.

It's like likes of Grace & that dull-as-dishwater Louise one who want to show up full of unfounded self importance & be made feel special for the night in spite of their various shortcomings... such a bang of Celtic tiger as was said

Ironically Rosemary will likely win her catagory but will Ali let that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Ironically Rosemary will likely win her catagory but will Ali let that happen?

Yes, it will be interesting to see how that plays out! I wonder will Ali allow it. It will look even worse for the Gossies if it's fixed.

• Advertisement

Im new to Rosemary and like her but can you see what i mean?Shes a blogget and influcner paid writer but she seems.to have a go at people in her industry?She wants exposure and clicks

Does anyone follow the owner of Goss on twitter? Looks like shes going to sue Rosemary for defamation.

Is she for real :o :cool:

Does anyone follow the owner of Goss on twitter? Looks like shes going to sue Rosemary for defamation.

Is she for real :o :cool:

No way! How utterly pathetic of her. As if her stupid award ceremony itself wasn't pathetic enough without having to add further to it by possibly going down that road. The awards are a farce. The "celebrities" are a joke. The sponsor-also-nominee angle is ridiculous. I'm actually surprised that the owner didn't nominate herself for some of the award categories, that's how big of a joke ir all is.

Fair play to Rosemary for doing this article. It's basically saying, from a public blogger platform, what the rest of us have been saying and thinking here. The only question mark hanging over the article for me os that she refers to there perhaps being only one blogger that she would hang out with there - Emma from Fluff and Fripperies. I thought Rosemary, on numerous occasions would have referred to being friends with Suzanne J. Maybe there not as good of friends as I would have thought so. Not necessarily a bad thing if that was the case. I like Roaemary's blog and boy can she wrote and in a very articulated fashion at that. But association with SJ (the complete opposite in terms of writing capabilities as a blogger in my opinion) has always been a turn off for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

I read rosemary post and I am a huge fan of her. That said she is in a position to say what she has said as she is already well known. Also her writing that post will only benefit her and she would have only been too aware of this when writing it.

The blogging scene is the exact same as life and work in general. There are cliques and you have to play the game or be the antagonist of it to be noticed otherwise you sit in the middle, unless someone gives a you a plug.

I also feel bad for Ali to be fair. I mean she is 27 running a business at the end of the day. All the points about awards were sweeping statements but as the title refers to the gossies they are taking the hit!

Just my two cents worth! At least I can attend these awards as it's a paid event....I can't go to any others as they are invite only!

People are bigging Rosemary but she cutting down the owner of gossies in a public way no need
    She wants to be the cool anti blogger but wants the paid side of it too?

ratmouse wrote: »
    Fair play to Rosemary for doing this article. It's basically saying, from a public blogger platform, what the rest of us have been saying and thinking here. The only question mark hanging over the article for me os that she refers to there perhaps being only one blogger that she would hang out with there - Emma from Fluff and Fripperies. I thought Rosemary, on numerous occasions would have referred to being friends with Suzanne J. Maybe there not as good of friends as I would have thought so. Not necessarily a bad thing if that was the case. I like Roaemary's blog and boy can she wrote and in a very articulated fashion at that. But association with SJ (the complete opposite in terms of writing capabilities as a blogger in my opinion) has always been a turn off for me.

Is she close with the top blogger?

bigpink wrote: »
    Is she close with the top blogger?

I'm not sure about being close to her but, even only recently on a thread here on boards.ie referred to her as a friend. She's regularly leaves comments under Sue's posts and sometimes those comments seem a step beyond tongue and cheek but apparently they are friends and that Sue knows it's only a joke

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement