Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gossies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BeeMee_123

Nikkid27 wrote: »
    Do any of you follow The White Moose Cafe/Paul Stenson on snapchat. He is absolutely brilliant. They never get nominated for any awards as Paul said "they are not in bed with PR companies". They asked followers to tweet Goss.ie asking why they weren't nominated. The CEO replied to one followed and I have to say she really let herself and the company down. She said it was a celebrity driven event. I nearly spat out my tea. Paul is known worldwide for his antics at the hotel and cafe and is far more entertaining than anyone on that list.

Cria.. that's all I have on what was said.. I would like to see said reply tho

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

I have a blog, an actual blog that has written content! Its small time but I enjoy writing and do it as a hobby. What I have learned from meeting some these bloggers is that you dont get anywhere writing content unless you are selling something. Your image is everything - you have to have a certain look, a full length mirror and full make up in every pose. It is the fakest click I have ever seen - they all know each other, they're all loaded and all bitch about each other. Not a hope you will get into these awards without 'contacts'. These awards are for best advertisers, nothing about writing, journalism etc

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

idunno78 wrote: »
    I think that was Marissa carter getting votes for Kate and Stephanie that used work for her. They both won to as far as I can remember.

Yes, you're correct that was Marissa. I thought that was very unfair at the time as no one had even heard of that girl before Marissa started begging for votes. The girl didn't win that award on her own merit. I don't think I'd like to win something falsely. There were plenty of other people in the category more deserving of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Mzo1978 wrote: »
    Waxsperts Ellen was begging for votes last night. Wasn't she the snapper that asked people to vote for her friends blog (who at the time was far back in the running for winning) and all her followers then voted for said friend just because she asked not because the blog was quality that boiled my blood think it was her.

I think that was Marissa carter getting votes for Kate and Stephanie that used work for her. They both won to as far as I can remember.

You're right, I remember that too. Sadly it seems to be all about quantity of votes, with no regard for the quality of the content. I'm not saying that either of those blogs are bad (I can't judge what I haven't read) but it is sad that there are genuinely good content providers out there who don't get a look in because they don't have higher profile connections, are not signed up to an agency or known as being 'PR friendly'.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

scarbouro wrote: »
    Yes, you're correct that was Marissa. I thought that was very unfair at the time as no one had even heard of that girl before Marissa started begging for votes. The girl didn't win that award on her own merit. I don't think I'd like to win something falsely. There were plenty of other people in the category more deserving of it.

Neither of them work for her anymore. One moved to New York, the other was given a promotion and then about 3 weeks later announced she was working for benefit. Defiantly bad blood between them now, its obvious with the lack of likes etc. They were a super close team so obviously something major happened.

So basically, Marissa won't be getting votes for her this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

rougegal wrote: »
    You're right, I remember that too. Sadly it seems to be all about quantity of votes, with no regard for the quality of the content. I'm not saying that either of those blogs are bad (I can't judge what I haven't read) but it is sad that there are genuinely good content providers out there who don't get a look in because they don't have higher profile connections, are not signed up to an agency or known as being 'PR friendly'.

I really like the girl who moved to New Yorks blog. Its different and interesting. She shared her motivation etc on how she lost like 5 stone.

The other girl Kates blog is nowhere near the standard of other bloggers. I wrote on the other thread about this. All her posts are basically about freebies that she has been sent and gifted, eg, the Christmas gift guide and the my shining armour gift guide.

Its been annoying me since last year that really good blogs with great updated content missed out on winning that big aussie award because of Marissa.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Cracking up laughing at how unprofessional the owner of goss.ie has been on Snapchat about Paul Stenson. I find him brilliant because he doesn't pander to the masses.. Love him or loathe him, Paul says it like it is and is a fantastic marketer.

The fact that she lies in her snaps and says she's never heard of him is gas since she's following him since Oct 2016!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

A portion of the Girl Boss nominees are sponsors for other categories at this joke awards. How is that fair, especially if one wins? Bit of a fix, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Cracking up laughing at how unprofessional the owner of goss.ie has been on Snapchat about Paul Stenson. I find him brilliant because he doesn't pander to the masses.. Love him or loathe him, Paul says it like it is and is a fantastic marketer.

The fact that she lies in her snaps and says she's never heard of him is gas since she's following him since Oct 2016!

What's her snapchat name

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I am positive those awards are done with sole purpose to make Goss money. You overcharge tickets, a get people feel important and hopefully the event is a sell out and it makes some profit for organizer. They are not the first ones to come up with that idea.

Who cares who is nominated it's not like organizers do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JellieBabie

Just Googled Paul Stenson. He seems pretty funny. Have to say it's refreshing to see someone operate on social media without a filter - so sick of hearing bloggers repeating verbatim 'this product is great, this is great, everything is so great'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nikkid27

Mzo1978 wrote: »
    what's his snapchat I didn't know he was on snapchat wasn't it him that caused uproar with his vegan antics so funny

It's just whitemoosecafe. You have to have a sense of humour and not take life to serious to enjoy him. The amount of press/promotion he has got by trying to piss people off is more valuable than what the like of meaghers pharmacy or Miss fit skinny tea do and costs them nothing

Cria wrote: »
    Can you link me what she said I can't see it .

Follow him on snapchat he just showed her snapchat rant saying she had never heard of them before and it turns out she has been following them on twitter for the last 8 months

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kikiwhelo

What is her snapchat name?

Kikiwhelo wrote: »

I don't follow her so don't know but Paul took snaps of her story that's how I saw it

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Babyspice13

Kikiwhelo wrote: »

It's alir23

Some of the nominee combinations are mystifying to say the least. Colin Farrell & Micahel Fassbender are nominated for the Best Actor award category, along with an actor from.....Fair City!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 trishaaaa_X

ratmouse wrote: »
    Some of the nominee combinations are mystifying to say the least. Colin Farrell & Micahel Fassbender are nominated for the Best Actor award category, along with an actor from.....Fair City!

makes loads of sense!! they really on par with each other!! I had a look at the nominees myself. they are quite random they are putting Picture this in the newcomers category along with a few nobodies that I have never heard of and a few snapchatters that are all part of one click. I just don't understand their reasoning for putting these nominees up for these awards!!

Vogue Williams is hosting- *eyeroll*

makes loads of sense!! they really on par with each other!! I had a look at the nominees myself. they are quite random they are putting Picture this in the newcomers category along with a few nobodies that I have never heard of and a few snapchatters that are all part of one click. I just don't understand their reasoning for putting these nominees up for these awards!!

Vogue Williams is hosting- *eyeroll*

Vogue Williams hosting sums it all up really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Lads, in all fairness- it's a celebrity gossip site. It was hardly going to go down the classy route. But honestly, charging €150 for tickets is absolutely disgraceful. If a portion of the money was going to charity or something, it wouldn't be so bad. Instead, it's been used as a fundraiser for the website. I'd say it was sneaky, but that'd mean it wasn't obvious- but it is.

On top of that, it's as clear as day that the winners of these "awards" don't get picked on merit. It's farcical.

In a way, these awards sum up how I've started to feel about blogging in general anymore. It just seems so fake and "bought".

To be honest, if I was a blogger, I wouldn't want to be associated with the event. I'd rather keep my integrity and separate myself from it. Maybe that's idealistic, because I know it may be social media suicide, but I still would feel like such a fraud at the event.

• Advertisement

I would recommend if you haven't already watching Amrezy on snap chat, she's just posted a big rant about the blogging scene.. I don't ever hear of these blog awards in the US or do I just not know about it?

Meangadh wrote: »
    Lads, in all fairness- it's a celebrity gossip site. It was hardly going to go down the classy route. But honestly, charging €150 for tickets is absolutely disgraceful. If a portion of the money was going to charity or something, it wouldn't be so bad. Instead, it's been used as a fundraiser for the website. I'd say it was sneaky, but that'd mean it wasn't obvious- but it is.

On top of that, it's as clear as day that the winners of these "awards" don't get picked on merit. It's farcical.

In a way, these awards sum up how I've started to feel about blogging in general anymore. It just seems so fake and "bought".

To be honest, if I was a blogger, I wouldn't want to be associated with the event. I'd rather keep my integrity and separate myself from it. Maybe that's idealistic, because I know it may be social media suicide, but I still would feel like such a fraud at the event.

I agree the awards are for most popular not actual blog/ snap content. It's so annoying to see some people (love Lauren etc) put so much effort into blog/vlog content n get nothing in return. Although last year I think Erika fox was nominated I don't think they had much choice her content is so professional & consistent.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

ratmouse wrote: »
    Guess who will win...because he will show up to collect on the night? :D
    Meangadh wrote: »

To be honest, if people are willing to buy tickets at that price then fair play to them on making it work. That's business. You want it? We'll sell it.
    I've been to lots of blog awards in the past when there was literally just the one set of blog awards and most people knew or knew of everyone there. They were great fun. It seems to have snowballed over the past couple of years and is way more competitive, especially now that money is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kikiwhelo

I saw it on his snaps to it was very poor she was caught out!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Great to see Laura's views and rosemary maccabes views on the term #girlboss in the goss awards.
    that should be taken out of the running.
    Absolutely ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mzo1978

The white moose cafe has it to a T
    I've just watched mrs makeup banging on again about things and sending wishes to mark_benefit ohhh cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JellieBabie

Started following WhiteMooseCafe on Snapchat. He's gas! Totally refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Follow doireann garrihy on snapchat she is gas taking off the bloggers and the gossies

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

She is brill! I actually laughed out loud at the last one she did!!! Hilarious! (I also voted for her) would be nice for someone to win best snapchatter that actually does something!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

She is brill! I actually laughed out loud at the last one she did!!! Hilarious! (I also voted for her) would be nice for someone to win best snapchatter that actually does something!!

The dance music blaring as she pouted!! Classic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement