Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gossies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

GingerLily wrote: »
    I went to an all girls secondary school and it wasn't even this b*tchy. It's shocking !!!

I think they've actually forgotten what they're arguing about at this stage. It's gone so off topic it's ridiculous.

Also every time I see #girlboss it annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

scarbouro wrote: »
    Holly was back on having another go at RM, along with Ali, saying she's going to invoice RM for the photo she used in the article! She really is getting petty now and making a show of herself. I personally think she should have left it alone and let it blow over. She's only making things worse.

Holly. it's just as well she's pretty because she's not the brightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

GingerLily wrote: »
    I went to an all girls secondary school and it wasn't even this b*tchy. It's shocking !!!

Well, you're combining bitchiness with fairly big egos in this scenario- a lethal combination!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Galwaygirl55

Ali is acting like a spoilt child throwing her toys out of the pram. Rosemary had an opinion & voiced it. She was not bitchy or personal in her post. It is the "glitter gang"who have made it very childish & personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Toastytoes wrote: »

What did she say?

Edit: I just checked, oh dear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

anna080 wrote: »
    What did she say?

Edit: I just checked, oh dear.

I'll just refer you to her contributions to the Indo last year....

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Both ali and rosemary are going to an event at arnotts this morning. Lols. Would like to be a fly on the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Toastytoes wrote: »
    Meangadh wrote: »
    Well, you're combining bitchiness with fairly big egos in this scenario- a lethal combination!
    Warnings handed out.
    No place for bitchiness here.

Bans will be next for similar jabs. Don't get banned m'kay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

biko wrote: »
    Warnings handed out.
    No place for bitchiness here.

Bans will be next for similar jabs. Don't get banned m'kay?

I think there's been a misunderstanding here- when I said "you", it wasn't in reference to a poster- it was more saying "one" is combining bitchiness and ego when it comes to the comments that are on twitter. Nothing at all about a boards poster being bitchy.

Maybe not, but I was very much talking in general terms about the scenario, and not at all about any individual. Apologies either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Both ali and rosemary are going to an event at arnotts this morning. Lols. Would like to be a fly on the wall.

I just saw that my bet is Ali will approach rosemary saying she doesn't want any trouble.
    Basically she will be trying to quash all the backlash she's getting. If I was rosemary I'd dig my heels in after all she wrote an article the girl ripped her to pieces.
    I just can't get over how no one is allowed an honest opinion in that industry and how it's taken so personally.
    Not everyone is going to like what you doing or your product.
    Even when cwth did the review on them make up brushes and she was basically guilted into deleting her tweets.
    It was her opinion.
    omg allow people to have freedom of speech it's ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Puggly

Any one know which Blogger showed without a ticket to the awards?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Puggly wrote: »
    Any one know which Blogger showed without a ticket to the awards?

Does it matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

Cria wrote: »
    I just can't get over how no one is allowed an honest opinion in that industry and how it's taken so personally.
    Not everyone is going to like what you doing or your product.
    Even when cwth did the review on them make up brushes and she was basically guilted into deleting her tweets.
    It was her opinion.
    omg allow people to have freedom of speech it's ridiculous.

New to the thread but had been following the drama with Rosemary as I follow her on various social media... What struck me was how her general opinion piece, which she is fully entitled to write on her personal blog and (as stated earlier in the thread) actually commended Ali Ryan on her achievements, was then used by those disagreeing with her to have really personal digs at her. The irony of HC calling her a "mean girl" on twitter when she was the one who made it personal... All over an event which, for what it is, is taking itself too seriously (in my opinion). Think that is a lot of people's problem with it - for the type of awards it is giving out it should be a more light hearted affair but the cost of tickets and how vehement everyone is being about defending it smacks of it having 'notions'.

meeeeh wrote: »
    Does it matter?

I'm just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Puggly wrote: »
    I'm just curious.

Curious also

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Why? It's pure gossip and completely irrelevant to anything else.

Waft of cattiness out of this thread as well. Certain posters only interjecting to take a pop at someone or have a dig. Not very nice.

Anyway, I doubt we will be able to name the person without a ticket on here cos it'll be just pure speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

<speculation>. Allegedly.

I had not heard that but for some reason had a feeling it could be her, not even sure why

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

ratmouse wrote: »
    I had not heard that but for some reason had a feeling it could be her, not even sure why

Why would she not just buy a ticket??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

A lot of tweets have been deleted now.

I had the same feeling. If was her, fair dues it worked out for her in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

A lot of tweets have been deleted now.
    Who's deleting tweets?

Yeah she definitely did it to one event last year but wasn't exactly sure if that was who Rosemary was referring to. She was specifically not invited by the brand involved.

Mekekka wrote: »
    Yeah she definitely did it to one event last year but wasn't exactly sure if that was who Rosemary was referring to. She was specifically not invited by the brand involved.

Any idea why the brand would specifically not invite her? And was it goss.ie awards,yeah?

Any idea why the brand would specifically not invite her? And was it goes.ie awards,yeah?

It was a major store brand (friend in marketing confirmed) and it was their event I think, not the goss.ies

Why would she not just buy a ticket??

Good question. Thought too expensive maybe?

Mekekka wrote: »
    It was a major store brand (friend in marketing confirmed) and it was their event I think, not the goss.ies

I get you now. Just wondering why they specifically didn't ask her. Wonder did they feel she didn't suit the brand or something?

Can imagine her doing it and all. Mega cringe

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    Can imagine her doing it and all. Mega cringe

Big time. Why turn up to something like the gossies though if you're not invited and don't get to go into the actual awards ceremony? Is it just to be seen? Is it to have your photo taken? I don't get it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement