Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Rune Factory 5 - E3 2021 Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5fHnucS--6E
    Rune Factory 5 is coming to Nintendo Switch in early 2022!

A new stage, a new adventure! The curtain rises on the next chapter in the Rune Factory series.

Set off on a grand adventure in a fantasy world with the latest entry in the Rune Factory simulation RPG series. After losing their memory, the hero lands in a small town blessed by nature. There, they are recruited into a band of peacekeeping rangers, and their new life begins. In addition to their normal duties, the hero can farm the land, cast a line into the nearby river, and so much more! Team up with townsfolk to battle monsters and unleash powerful combination attacks—just one of the features new to the series.

It had been intended for release this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pity no store ever stocks the Rune Factory games here anymore

Mario Golf: Super Rush – Bring on the Competition – Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bzwi6g4Yvc0

Is that David Feherty doing the commentary?

I think it is, sounds like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It sounds more like someone doing an impression of him to me!

• Advertisement

Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - E3 2021 Teaser - Nintendo Direct

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-MRZBP91I

Return to Hyrule - and the skies above - in this first look at gameplay for the Sequel to the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, planned for release on Nintendo Switch in 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭xckjoo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Just noticed that Tony Hawks 1+2 is due out on June 25th in case anyone else is waiting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

xckjoo wrote: »
    Just noticed that Tony Hawks 1+2 is due out on June 25th in case anyone else is waiting for it.

very few places seem to have it for pre-order though unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Xofpod

xckjoo wrote: »

Hmmm. Is it fully 2D with cut scenes or some hybrid 2D/3D model? And is this a different game entirely to Metroid Prime 4? Guess so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Xofpod wrote: »
    Hmmm. Is it fully 2D with cut scenes or some hybrid 2D/3D model? And is this a different game entirely to Metroid Prime 4? Guess so...

It's what you'd call 2.5D, so it's 3D assets, but you only move on a 2D plane (IE left/right/up/down).

Completely separate from the Prime games. The Prime series, chronologically, come between Metroid and Metroid: Return of Samus (or between Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid: Samus Returns with the remakes).

Metroid Dread is Metroid 5. So the whole series would go:

Metroid / Metroid: Zero Mission
    Metroid Prime
    Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
    Metroid Prime 4
    Metroid: Return of Samus / Metroid: Samus Returns
    Super Metroid
    Metroid Fusion
    Metroid Dread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Star Lord wrote:
    Metroid / Metroid: Zero Mission Metroid Prime Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Metroid Prime 4 Metroid: Return of Samus / Metroid: Samus Returns Super Metroid Metroid Fusion Metroid Dread

The challenge is now on to revisit all those before Dread!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Funny to read about a chronology for Metroid, as it's one of those games I never really consider as having a plot in the first place.

Alex Kidd in Miricle World DX €18 on eshop or currently €34.99 to preorder on Smyths releases June 25

Alex Kidd in Miricle World DX €18 on eshop or currently €34.99 to preorder on Smyths releases June 25

even 18 euro seems expensive for a janky old platformer that retains the jankiness in this version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SZZ0BZiDKE&t=166s

Thats everything I could hope for and more looks an absolute bargain at €18 to me

Well for people who said that they were going to pick up Balan Wonderturd I suppose that it's like breadth of the wild in comparison

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

glasso wrote: »
    Well for people who said that they were going to pick up Balan Wonderturd I suppose that it's like breadth of the wild in comparison

That's a little unfair, Balan holds a certain attraction because of it's roots, if you had played and enjoyed Nights or Burning Rangers you might understand that it's imperfections aren't as critical, though they are undeniable. I'd probably get the PS4 version though.

Plus, this game, Alex Kidd, appeals to those who have had a great time with the original, as well as those looking for an uncompromising platformer.
    And it looks fantastic.

Haven't played Balan myself so can't comment in the most informed manner I suppose!

But nostalgia can only go so far sometimes and its effect may very rapidly dissipate in the face of general muckness.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Haven't played Balan myself so can't comment in the most informed manner I suppose!

But nostalgia can only go so far sometimes and its effect may very rapidly dissipate in the face of general muckness.

Oh, as an avid collector of games and consoles from the 70s until the present day I agree completely.
    A lot of games have aged poorly, but then it doesn't tend to be an even deterioration.
    Some games may look rough, but play well, such as the original Daytona port on the Saturn.
    Others look well but are quite shallow, such as Crash on the PS.
    Burning Rangers was a complicated last ditch title on the Saturn, but had enormous scope and was very interesting indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Castlevania Advance Collection listed in Australia.

https://www.destructoid.com/castlevania-advance-collection-rated-australia-my-wallet-is-ready/

This would be Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.

I'd buy this collection in a heartbeat. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Castlevania Advance Collection listed in Australia.

https://www.destructoid.com/castlevania-advance-collection-rated-australia-my-wallet-is-ready/

This would be Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.

I'd buy this collection in a heartbeat. :)

all good games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

even 18 euro seems expensive for a janky old platformer that retains the jankiness in this version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SZZ0BZiDKE&t=166s

Don't you mean Jankenness?

I'll see myself out.

New SMT V Demon Is Irish Folklore Hero Fionn mac Cumhaill

https://www.siliconera.com/new-smt-v-demon-is-irish-folklore-hero-fionn-mac-cumhaill/

His power from the Salmon of Knowledge aren't explained very well above.

Here's the Japanese video.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QkrT-nHXtUc

The pronunciation of his name is atrocious, let's see how it is in the English version. It's cool to see Irish folklore in the game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For a Japanese pronunciation he did a decent job of pronouncing the Finn McCool version.
    Did that article also say Cú Chulainn is in it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Plenty of the Fianna have been in the SMT games. Loving these demon showcases. The game looks absolutely stunning and all the demons have been remodelled and animated. Pretty sure they are setting up SMTV as the base for all future SMT games which will be on Unreal. Hopefully it means there's no more ridiculous development times like with Persona 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Did anyone post about this???

In other news the Super Mario Bros one is down to €34.99 in Smyths (only available outside Dublin it seems)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Star Lord wrote: »
    It's what you'd call 2.5D, so it's 3D assets, but you only move on a 2D plane (IE left/right/up/down).

Completely separate from the Prime games. The Prime series, chronologically, come between Metroid and Metroid: Return of Samus (or between Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid: Samus Returns with the remakes).

Metroid Dread is Metroid 5. So the whole series would go:

Metroid / Metroid: Zero Mission
    Metroid Prime
    Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
    Metroid Prime 4
    Metroid: Return of Samus / Metroid: Samus Returns
    Super Metroid
    Metroid Fusion
    Metroid Dread

Cheers. Are you leaving out Other M as a matter of principle......

Thats everything I could hope for and more looks an absolute bargain at €18 to me

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/alex_kidd_in_miracle_world_dx

a D minus 5/10 grade from the usually overly-generous Nintendo Life
    We can't pretend this isn't a disappointment. After promises of updates and improvements to this classic title, what we've got is something that we'd honestly not recommend to either prospective new fans or enthusiasts of the original Alex Kidd. We're inclined to think this may have been something of a rushed release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,947 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/alex_kidd_in_miracle_world_dx

a D minus 5/10 grade from the usually overly-generous Nintendo Life

8/10 from Switch Corner
    85% Switch Up

And two pretty positive reviews to go with that.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Advertisement