Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    On other news Outrun is out on the Japanese eshop, I'm playing it at the mo, as great as it ever was though I'd prefer to see them port Outrun 2006: Coast2Coast to the Switch.

Same.

It'll never happen though. Sega let the Ferrari license expire, so that game can't be sold anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Same.

It'll never happen though. Sega let the Ferrari license expire, so that game can't be sold anymore.

Now that's a damn tragedy :(

Good thing I have it on lots of other formats!

But a Switch version would be off the charts sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

magnumbud wrote: »
    Could be the ezio collection which was released in the last few years
    It does also match up with the release of Assassins Creed III (including Liberation) as part of the season pass of Odyssey on PS4 and XBOX maybe we will see an "American Collection" of III, Liberation, Black Flag and Rogue?

Rogue and Liberation are the only two I think I haven't played yet so would like them on the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Irish Halo wrote: »
    It does also match up with the release of Assassins Creed III (including Liberation) as part of the season pass of Odyssey on PS4 and XBOX maybe we will see an "American Collection" of III, Liberation, Black Flag and Rogue?

Rogue and Liberation are the only two I think I haven't played yet so would like them on the Switch.

I played Liberation on the PS Vita, and it was quite good. I couldn't get into Rogue, loved Black Flag, but played Rogue after I have finished Unity and Syndicate and the controls were a slight step back, but the main character was a tool with a horrible Oirish accent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I've only played the First Prime on the Wii. I hope they keep those style controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ive only played Super Metroid on SNES!

Must check up on it. NES was my first console, SNES second. I've been pretty much Nintendo blind from then till now though, so definitely happy to pick up any rereleases of good, older games.

Official JCB Pioneer: Mars Nintendo Switch Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7qy4JtdhyZA
    Official trailer for JCB Pioneer: Mars launching on Nintendo Switch on 24th December 2018 in Europe and 3rd January 2019 in USA.

Experience incredible survival sandbox gameplay and explore Mars using a selection of futuristic, ultra-rugged JCB vehicles designed specifically for the challenge. Mine precious materials, construct large-scale buildings and research new technologies to ensure humanity's future lies beyond planet Earth.

Key Features

- A hard-core blend of survival and construction gameplay with 100’s of hours of gameplay.

- Explore the planet, discover and mine resources, construct buildings and research new technology to grow your colony.

- 3D Print and Craft items that can help you survive.

- Discover secrets as you traverse the planet using highly futuristic heavy-duty construction and mining vehicles, designed with JCB engineers.

- Overcome everything the hostile environment throws at you including meteor strikes, dust clouds and electrical storms, all Martian hazards are based on real science.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Ive only played Super Metroid on SNES!

Must check up on it. NES was my first console, SNES second. I've been pretty much Nintendo blind from then till now though, so definitely happy to pick up any rereleases of good, older games.

Metroid Prime is a great game, some didn't like the change in pace from Super Metroid, which could be very fast indeed, to the room by room, location scanning that went on in Prime.
    However, the sense of a living organic location in Prime is second to none, possibly one of the best iterations of "location as a character" this side of Dark Souls.

• Advertisement

The Game Awards are almost here! Make sure you tune in tomorrow night at 5:30pm PT to watch it all live before the launch of Super Smash Bros Ultimate!

I hear we'll get a glimpse at 3,4 Switch. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

TLDW: Blizzard accounts can now be linked to Nintendo accounts. If they've added that feature, then more Blizzard IPs are coming to Switch.... Overwatch? StarCraft? WOW? Hearthstone?

Hearthstone almost certainly. Maybe that Diablo mobile game that everyone seems to hate too. As much as I'd love it, I don't think the Switch could handle Overwatch.

EDGE Magazine gave Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 9/10.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/super-smash-bros-ultimate-review-embargo-lifts-on-12-6-18-8am-et.85103/page-8#post-15693450

Countdown to when the embargo officially lifts. Less than 3 hours to go.

https://opencritic.com/game/6223/super-smash-bros-ultimate

Join us today from 3pm for a special Super Smash Bros. Ultimate livestream that will see UK representatives from Nintendo UK, Capcom UK, Konami UK, SQUARE ENIX EU, Bandai Namco UK, and SEGA Europe battle for the glory of their fighters!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Unboxing!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tGDCP1ksebc

The inside of the case is nice.

Forever Forest Trailer - Coming soon to Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kSCvbVIHgz8

fixxxer wrote: »
    Hearthstone almost certainly. Maybe that Diablo mobile game that everyone seems to hate too. As much as I'd love it, I don't think the Switch could handle Overwatch.

It plays Pallidans no problem
    I'd say it would be perfectly fine playing Overwatch with a steady frame rate

They said Doom 2016, Wolfenstein and Warframe wouldn't work on Switch either. Fortnite shows they can handle large numbers of players too. I wouldn't rule out Overwatch...

It plays Pallidans no problem
    I'd say it would be perfectly fine playing Overwatch with a steady frame rate

I'm trying not to hope too much :) Overwatch on the Switch could be the end of me playing anything else on it. It would need some sort of cross play though to have a viable player pool.

This StarLink Nintendo Switch Could Only Be Won In Germany
    nintendoswitch-starlink-special-giveaway-germany-dec62018-1038x576.jpg

https://nintendosoup.com/this-starlink-nintendo-switch-could-only-be-won-in-germany/

Tales of Vesperia PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Nintendo Switch Resolution And Frame Rate Detailed
    DtvEJTwX4AA4f1e.jpg

https://gearnuke.com/tales-of-vesperia-ps4-xbox-one-switch-resolution-frame-rate/

It looks like the XB1 and Switch version may be the same, though it remains to be seen, you'd imagine it would have more detail and look prettier on XB1.

• Advertisement

Given the power of the XB1 it's not that surprising.
    Still, a playable Versperia on the go is probably worth it to people.

Carcassonne Launch Trailer... looks like a good candidate for a Christmas game with family.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Anyone any idea which, if any, bricks & mortar shops have Katamari Reroll?

Koloro - Gameplay Trailer (Nintendo Switch™)
    Available December 22nd on Nintendo Switch eShop for $9,99 / 9,99€!

Between dreams and nightmares, Koloro tells the tale of a young pink hair girl named Kora who embarks on a quest to find her missing sister through a stunning Puzzle-Platformer.

Embrace a unique one-button gameplay, lovable characters, a wonderful art style and a captivating soundtrack.

Play the adventure alone or with a friend as a team in a cooperative mode.

Once this is over, a hard mode will keep challenging you!

Do you have the courage to face the world of dreams and nightmares?

The game features:
    - A dreamlike art and captivating soundtrack
    - Unique and easy-to-learn gameplay
    - Over 300 levels
    - Friendship and love
    - Great for kids and family
    - Huge bosses and hidden bonuses
    - Coop mode for 2 players
    - Time trial challenges

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wanuhDaXQmE

The Game Awards 2018 4K Official Stream - December 6 LIVE

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SHt3FyE-VIQ

It starts in about half an hour or 1.30am. It goes on for 2 hours. Anyone want to make some last minute predictions? I think we'll see Bayonetta 3. Perhaps Metroid Prime Trilogy, I don't think they'll show Metroid Prime 4 or very little if they do. Nintendo may be saving that for their own showcase. I don't know if there's a need to show a DLC character for SSBU tonight, the game doesn't need any hype. If they do, I mentioned Iwata in the SSBU thread. I'll be watching to see more what 3rd parties announce, doubt they'll announce old ports, it would be a bad place to do so.

They opened with a World Premiere, and it's for Switch. Some forgettable dancing game, for me at least.

Sayonara Wild Hearts - The Game Awards 2018 Reveal Trailer [HD 1080P]

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zZAWXLDWO6A

Nintendo have very few nominations for any of the awards. Octopath Traveler just lost out to Monster Hunter World in the Best RPG category.

Reggie's on stage with heads from Sony and Microsoft. He's wearing a SSBU T-shirt with Ridley prominent, under a suit jacket. He's wearing some pin in the lapel but I can't make it out.

Marvel game on Switch. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, exclusive to Switch.

MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order - Announcement Trailer (Nintendo Switch™)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1RohG-JzXiM

Coming in 2019, now that's how you do a great surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nice surprise. I think the first two were delisted from stores earlier this year as well.

Team Ninja are the developers too. Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nintendo publishing Ultimate Alliance 3 as well, so it will remain an exclusive. A Nintendo only Marvel game, strange times we live in.

Advertisement