Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled Reveal Trailer
    Crash is back in the driver’s seat! Get ready to go fur-throttle with Crash™ Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. It’s the authentic CTR experience, now fully-remastered and revved up to the max:

-Start your engines with the original game modes, characters, tracks, power-ups, weapons and controls
    -Power slide to glory in additional karts and tracks from beyond the original game
    -Race online with friends and Crash the competition with online leaderboards

With Crash™ Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, the stakes are high and the competition is fierce. It's the CTR you love, now kicked into the highest gear.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WgwA1gYDb5Q
    SANTA MONICA, Calif. – Dec. 6, 2018 – Crash is back again, and this time he’s revved up to the max in Crash™ Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, an authentic Crash Team Racing experience that’s been remastered in stunning HD and so much more. Power-sliding into players’ hands on June 21st, 2019, Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled also brings fans online multiplayer racing. Get ready to start your engines as the game will be available for the PlayStation® 4, PlayStation® 4 Pro, Nintendo Switch™, and the family of Xbox One devices from Microsoft, including the Xbox One X.
    Developed by Beenox and published by Activision, a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is built from the ground up and remasters the original Crash™ racing game by bringing the characters, karts, tracks and arenas to modern console HD graphics. Fans will be able to see Crash and friends’ expressions and antics in beautiful detail as they blast each other with power-ups and whiz around the corners in all the original racetracks. The stakes are high and the competition is fierce as players race with a variety of Crash Bandicoot™ series characters, including Crash, Coco, Dr. Neo Cortex and others against the egomaniacal Nitros Oxide to save our planet from destruction. In the new game, Adventure, Arcade Single Race and Cup Race, Time Trials and Battle Mode are back. Play Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled single player or vs. friends both online and offline.

“The love that fans have for Crash Team Racing goes beyond just a fun kart racing game, and we’re excited to finally show fans what we’ve been working on to celebrate its 20th anniversary,” said Thomas Wilson, Co-Studio Head at Beenox. “Not only are we revamping Crash Team Racing from the kart up in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, we are giving fans a whole lot more including all the characters and tracks they love, with tons of added animations and personality that the original platform just couldn’t convey. We can’t wait to see fans go head-to-head as they test their Crash kart racing mettle in online multiplayer.”

Players who want to kick their Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled into the highest gear can pre-order the Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - Nitros Oxide Edition. In the digital deluxe edition, the self-proclaimed fastest racer in the galaxy, Nitros Oxide will be a playable character from day one in all game modes. Players will also receive the full Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled game, Oxide’s Hovercraft kart, space-themed character skins for Crash, Coco, Cortex, and much more. Players who do not purchase the Nitros Oxide Edition can earn the Nitros Oxide character and Oxide’s Hovercraft kart by completing some of the fiercest challenges in the Adventure Mode.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled and the Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - Nitros Oxide Edition are available for pre-order starting today. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled will be available for the suggested retail price of $39.99. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - Nitros Oxide Edition will be available for the suggested retail price of $59.99. Watch the official trailer here. More information about Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled can be found at www.crashbandicoot.com. Fans are also invited to follow Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, as well as subscribe to the YouTube channel at YouTube.com/crashbandicoot.

Stranger Things 3, a game based on the Netflix series is coming to the Switch.

Stranger Things 3 The Game Announce Trailer - The Game Awards

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pW10fP7CkKc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

They didn't show that last bit in The Game Awards for Mortal Kombat 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No Metroid. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭geotrig

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Anyone any idea which, if any, bricks & mortar shops have Katamari Reroll?

Don't think its getting a physical release in europe

Mr E wrote: »
    No Metroid. :(

No, pretty much nothing from Nintendo themselves last night, apart from the joke of Joker from Persona 5 being the 1st DLC character in SSBU. A game that's PS4 exclusive, a series that's alien to a lot of Westerners. The only game was Persona Q I think it's called on handheld, but otherwise I think it's mostly on Sony platforms. I know, owning mainly Nintendo consoles, though I have owned all the Nintendo handhelds up to and including the DS Lite, like not being able to play a mainline Final Fantasy, I haven't played this Persona series. I was like WTF, this is Cloud all over again.

This was hyped, Nintendo kept telling us to make sure to watch The Game Awards, and apart from the Marvel Ultimate Alliance(which they are publishing) game which is great, this was a weak showing, certainly from Nintendo. Getting Mortal Kombat 11 back on a Nintendo system was nice too. But there was nothing from any of the rumours or the pre-show hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Pretty happy with the marvel ua3 announcement. Enjoyed the original. Good move if they get it out around the avengers 4 and getting it as exclusive since plenty enjoyed tge original. Seen people on reddit crying out for an avengers game earlier this year and seems from the trailer to follow the infinity saga.

Mortal kombat 11 has me hyped too. Max i was expecting last night was a prime 4 gameplay trailer so don't think it was bad.

Dauntless — Console Announce | PlayStation 4 & Xbox One

https://youtube.com/watch?v=efA28FmmV4M
    VANCOUVER, BC - December 6, 2018 - Phoenix Labs has announced that Dauntless, the fastest-growing online Action RPG of 2018, will be expanding the hunt to console, mobile devices and Epic Games’ new platform in 2019. Announced on stage at The Game Awards, Dauntless will launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in April, 2019. Dauntless is also expanding its audience in April when it launches on the Epic Games store, the home for new and exciting games on PC including their global sensation, Fortnite.

The upcoming platform launches also bring the game closer to One Dauntless, a vision that provides players with seamless cross-platform play, progression and account management across all platforms, worldwide.

To celebrate the launch announcements, Phoenix Labs debuted a new Dauntless trailer live on stage at The Game Awards. You can find the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efA28FmmV4M&feature=youtu.be

“At Phoenix Labs we define ourselves through a transparent development relationship with our community and strong focus on inclusivity, both at the studio and in our game,” said Jesse Houston, co-founder and CEO of Phoenix Labs. “With our upcoming platform launches in April and One Dauntless, we will soon be able to welcome and connect players worldwide like never before. The journey of Dauntless is just beginning in the ever-evolving online world of the Shattered Isles, and we’re excited to share many more years of experiences with our players.”

One Dauntless will provide players with a universal ecosystem centered around their personal Dauntless experience. Players will be able to enjoy cross-platform hunts with their friends whether they are playing on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch or mobile devices. When a player logs into their One Dauntless account, they will retain all of their progression, customization and purchased items across all supported platforms.

While expanding to new platforms, the Dauntless gameplay experience also continues to grow and evolve. The next major content update, Frostfall, will reshape the Shattered Isles starting December 6. The new update ushers in brand new seasonal content as a deep freeze descends on Ramsgate, and Slayers will also have a chilling challenge on their hands with the introduction of a new Behemoth: Valomyr. Phoenix Labs is also launching the Dauntless Hunt Pass starting December 6, which will provide players with new challenges and big rewards. The Hunt Pass is a new feature offering in-game activities and challenges that players can purchase for $10.00 to earn a collection of exclusive items, emotes, cosmetics and more.

For more information and to download Dauntless now as a free download on PC visit: www.playdauntless.com

The co-op Action RPG will launch in April 2019 as a free download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and the Epic Games store, followed by Nintendo Switch and mobile devices later in the year.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/332420/Dauntless_Brings_the_Thrill_of_the_Hunt_to_PlayStation_4_Xbox_One_Epic_Games_Store_April_2019_Nintendo_Switch_and_Mobile_Devices_in_2019_nbsp.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Seems to be there could be something behind the rumors that Persona 5 is to release on Switch next year following on from the Joker announcement for Smash Bros. Have in on PS4 and its a great game. Would be a fantastic game on the Switch

https://nintendosoup.com/rumor-persona-5-coming-to-nintendo-switch-in-2019/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Suppose I should get a start on Ultimate Alliance 2.
    Wolverine is in it which is a good sign. Now that Disney have the rights to the XMen unlike Marvel vs Capcom 3 where they didn't have the characters Disney didn't own

Joker is a terrific, out of nowhere inclusion for Smash. It's a renowned but unexpected video game character in a video game, simple as. They already said that the DLC would be surprising picks, there aren't any silly 'rules' to these, like 'must have a connection with a Nintendo system' etc etc This pick really throws open the possibilities and selection of games these fighters could come from, exciting to see the other 4. Those Persona for Switch rumours are intriguing to hear as well.

With Metroid not there it could be seen as a disappointing occurrence, especially the rumours leading up to it. Many seemed certain at least Metroid Trilogy would be announced, January is only a few weeks away though and any 'disappointment' just comes from non-Nintendo information anyway. I thought it was a very good, and more interestingly, 'different' showing from Nintendo. Joker in Persona, Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch, and an exclusive Marvel Ultimate Alliance game, all which were very unexpected before the show. Crash Team Racing was a nice addition as well.

"Tales of Vesperia Remaster" Introduction Trailer ~ System version ~

https://youtube.com/watch?v=cUQkyBPFuCA

Life is Strange – Trailer (Nintendo Switch)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=s4n0Qb6jQwI

The trailer is in English, but it's from Nintendo Deutschland, so it's subtitled in German. Life is Strange will be released in 2019 for Nintendo Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That's great. I've always wanted to play it, but it doesn't seem like the big screen PS4 game I'd stick with, nor do I want to play it on a phone or tablet. Hopefully priced right, as it's quite cheap for season 1 now.

Same here. Needs to be the full season in one package though (not broken into individually priced episodes).

Played it and the prequel on PC. Good games and stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Same here. Needs to be the full season in one package though (not broken into individually priced episodes).

I'd say we have a good chance of a Season 1 and 2, with the prequel, full priced 60e release. I doubt we will see bit piece releases as I think it's all out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Life is Strange 1 is fantastic. Haven't been able to finish Before the Storm such is my irritation with the main character.

I'm waiting for all of Season 2 to be released before buying it. 4 months between episodes.
    Must play the free one they gave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭brevity

I’m tempted at getting the switch but I’ve heard rumours that an updated on is being released in 2019. Is there truth in this? Should it put me off?

Thanks.

Nobody knows. Still just rumour.

If they announced it, it would damage sales for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Nobody knows. Still just rumour.

If they announced it, it would damage sales for Christmas.

hah, having literally just bought a switch, if nintendo release another console next year, im done with them :D:pac::(

In case there was any doubt about release date of Mortal Kombat on Switch, it's same date as other consoles.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1071162466212737024?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If ever there was a game that made sense to put on Switch it's Donut County. Hopefully it offers touchscreen controls which I feel should be a given but sometimes it ain't like Stardew Valley and Civ VI

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Donut County is great. Played it on iPhone and it's a perfect fit for Switch.

NIS AMERICA REVEALS LAPIS X LABYRINTH LIMITED EDITION XL FOR SWITCH

https://nintendosoup.com/nis-america-reveals-lapis-x-labyrinth-limited-edition-xl-for-switch/

The Kinda Funny Games showcase happened yesterday. Lots of new games and updates announced across all platforms. Switch related stuff:

Quarantine Circular: Available Today on Nintendo Switch
    Lapis x Labyrinth Localization Trailer (from NIS America): Coming 2019 to PS4, Nintendo Switch
    Human Fall Flat Dark DLC Announcement
    When Ski Lifts Go Wrong Announcement Trailer: PC, Nintendo Switch
    Slay the Spire Gameplay Trailer: 2019 (PC, Switch)
    Reverie: Sweet as Edition: Switch (2019)
    Turbolance: 2019 (Switch, PC)
    Ape Out: February 7, 2019 (Switch, PC)
    Fight Knight: Spring 2019 (PC, PS4, Switch)

Full presentation:

https://twitter.com/KindaFunnyVids/status/1071466393424384000

https://twitter.com/KindaFunnyVids/status/1071470777864663040

https://twitter.com/KindaFunnyVids/status/1071480444640649217

https://twitter.com/KindaFunnyVids/status/1071479830493913088

• Advertisement

Basketball On The Nintendo Switch Is Hilariously Bad
    We have been seeing several games invade the eShop on the Switch that feel like quick cash grabs taking advantage of the poor curation on the store front. This game is called Basketball and it not only shows how poor some of these games are, it appears to even show a company realizing they can put this type of quality on the eShop and get away with it. Don't buy this game and be careful buying into some of these smaller games without doing some serious research before hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=804F55LnEQM

This is an abominable game, I don't know if everyone has seen it. I've talked about it elsewhere. $h1t like this shouldn't be allowed on the eShop.

Advertisement