Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Idk, Choice Provisions, the developers behind the Bit.Trip Runner series are making it, so it could be alright. You can definitely see their footprint on the game.

Maybe so, I have the series on the Wii and 3DS, and the recent release on the Switch.
    Love them, but it's at least partially due to the art style and music.
    Bubsy... Jaysus, such a terrible game, had it on the SNES I think, and then there was that awful 3D one on the PS....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I've always found Bubsy a pretty inoffensive game really, a pretty average but not terrible game. The floaty, lack of momentum controls took a lot away from it. Even though there's much worse platformers on the SNES, the internet made Bubsy a sort of poster boy(cat) for joke games. It was the 'hype' around it being a next Mario or Sonic that collapsed in on top of itself really.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,700 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

One year on: EA trying to understand demand before releasing more games for Switch

https://www.resetera.com/threads/one-year-on-ea-trying-to-understand-demand-before-releasing-more-games-for-switch.78142/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

One year on: EA trying to understand demand before releasing more games for Switch

https://www.resetera.com/threads/one-year-on-ea-trying-to-understand-demand-before-releasing-more-games-for-switch.78142/

It makes no sense, given that EA supported and made money from Nintendo consoles with smaller user bases.
    Given the range of franchises, I'd imagine Need for Speed and Battlefield would do well on the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

EA in its current standing offer f**k all tbh. It's all online "Games as a Service" microtransaction focused titles now. Epic got Fortnite on Switch but also on phones which shows the scalablity and an understanding from them.
    Weak sports titles tacked on to the Ultimate Team modes. Titanfall 2 was actually good but they released it to instant death, damn all people are anticipating Battlefield V now after the Beta, they have made a pigs ear of Star Wars and I wont even mention the state Bioware are in.
    Last gen they could at least say they had Mass Effect, Dragons Age, Dead Space, Burnout, Need for Speed and to a lesser extent Crysis.
    They made a mess of nearly every one of them.
    I could see them port something like the Saboteur to the Switch.

• Advertisement

Titanfall 2 really is one of the best games of this comstole generation, in my opinion at least.
    And so cheap, but streets ahead of everything else.
    No reason such a game couldn't make an appearance on the Switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭mario54324

EA just confuses me. The only games they've put out so far on the Switch are Fifa 18 and 19. Wouldn't kill them to do watered down versions of Madden etc, I mean, someone will buy them. They were on previous Nintendo consoles.

Also they really need to just make more games in general. It seems sports games and Battlefield/front are all they have now. I think NFS is "on hold" or something, they'll feck up marketing for TF3 on purpose (and then shut down Respawn as usual), and they still won't make Skate 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just saw this on Facebook...

*rumour* N64 Classic Edition Announcement Imminent in the next 24 hours, with RARE games!!!

Mr E wrote: »
    Just saw this on Facebook...

*rumour* N64 Classic Edition Announcement Imminent in the next 24 hours, with RARE games!!!

If it's on Facebook, it must be true.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

:D

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote:

It'll be modded and turned into my Aki wrestling games machine.

N64 games are too fugly. They haven't aged well at all, well most of them. The 2D games are fine. Would I buy it? It would depend, but, probably. I bought the NES Classic Mini and I have even less regard for them. If all the Rare games are there, then yes I'll buy it. Particularly if it has Conker's Bad Fur Day on it(it may be too X rated, even today and not family friendly though for inclusion), I could never buy it back then as I remember seeing prices of £90 and even £110 in shops. It wasn't a common game either. The N64 Classic Mini is the next logical step in chronological order and there's been loads of rumours and patents. I think I read from Nintendo's latest profit report that they've sold over 10 million of the NES and SNES Classic Mini's combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Titanfall 2 really is one of the best games of this comstole generation, in my opinion at least.
    And so cheap, but streets ahead of everything else.
    No reason such a game couldn't make an appearance on the Switch.

Is the single player any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

deadl0ck wrote: »

Single player is fantastic and almost the perfect length.

SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION - Free DLC Bundle 2 (Nintendo Switch) (EU - English)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j12z4OpdIzE

More Smash Bros. Ultimate amiibo dated

https://nintendoeverything.com/more-smash-bros-ultimate-amiibo-dated/
    Dq7E5wGX0AA2w4U.jpg

Ken is real. That's 2 from that Smashboards.com rumour going back a good while ago, I had a feeling it was real. Also, that more recent rumour with the Grinch is now likely bogus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

fixxxer wrote: »
    Single player is fantastic and almost the perfect length.

I've played through the single player campaign on the Xbox One and was really impressed with it. I played Gears of War 4 after it and thought it was very poor compared to Titanfall 2

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

There's 2 levels in particular which are exceptional. It's a great game anyway but those 2 levels are as good as it gets in any FPS.

Smash Bros Ultimate is available now for pre-load and it takes up 13.6GB of space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,584 ✭✭✭Inviere

N64 games are too fugly. They haven't aged well at all, well most of them.

This comes up time and time again. Increasing the internal resolution of these games helps them, a lot. Couldn't be arsed embedding pics/vids again, but N64 can look very decent with some additional processing power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Inviere wrote: »
    This comes up time and time again. Increasing the internal resolution of these games helps them, a lot. Couldn't be arsed embedding pics/vids again, but N64 can look very decent with some additional processing power.

Agreed. And you just have to look at the 3ds versions of the two N64 Zeldas to see how some graphical polish on the games makes them look snazzy. But even the original N64 versions that I have tried on the Wii U virtual console look surprisingly well on a 55” 4K flatscreen, somehow, how is this? I thought they’d be a pixelated mess but they look grand! My opinion of course. :)

There's probably enough decent content on the N64 to make a mini worth having, especially if it's running at NTSC speeds.
    Waverace and Pilotwings are outstanding, Mario 64 still superb and plenty more.
    I look forward to the controller options.
    The big problem I have with the likes of Jet Force Gemini is the controls.
    But 1080° Snowboarding and Excitebike 64 would be awesome, as would Starfox and OoT/MM.

Here's Piranha Plant's echo fighter.

Cactus Cack
    Dq79zzqW4AEmmKX.jpg

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

I dought we will be getting the new improve switch next year. One its just rumour and Nintendo haven't announce new switch so I rather wait until Nintendo announces new switch than believe some rumour. It's more likely we getting new improve switch 2020 or 2021 not 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    There's probably enough decent content on the N64 to make a mini worth having, especially if it's running at NTSC speeds.
    Waverace and Pilotwings are outstanding, Mario 64 still superb and plenty more.
    I look forward to the controller options.
    The big problem I have with the likes of Jet Force Gemini is the controls.
    But 1080° Snowboarding and Excitebike 64 would be awesome, as would Starfox and OoT/MM.

Gimme Diddy kong racing and I'm sold! Actually I've been meaning to buy this for my actual n64 for ages.

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1058083359270821889?s=19

12.99 and just in time for Day of the Dead.
    Transistor and Machinarium were also released today.

iamtony wrote: »
    Gimme Diddy kong racing and I'm sold! Actually I've been meaning to buy this for my actual n64 for ages.

Diddy Kong Racing is the best!
    Great themed areas, with great music too.
    Only things that hurt it are the frame rate drops and the Sikh elephant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The mini N64 would be worth having just to try and explain the horrible pad to the younger generation.

"We did things... differently when daddy was young"

Advertisement