Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭mario54324

fixxxer wrote: »
    Single player is fantastic and almost the perfect length.

It's too short... but at the same time it doesn't outstay its welcome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The mini N64 would be worth having just to try and explain the horrible pad to the younger generation.

"We did things... differently when daddy was young"
    At least it'd have an analogue stick. I don't know what Sony are doing with the PlayStation Classic controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

The mini N64 would be worth having just to try and explain the horrible pad to the younger generation.

I...eh...liked it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

At least it'd have an analogue stick. I don't know what Sony are doing with the PlayStation Classic controllers.

Probably to stop people trying to plug it into a PS4 thinking its compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Grassey wrote: »
    I...eh...liked it...

Yep. Though I do remember the skin between thumb and forefinger would hurt sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Inviere

Nintendo could take the high road and just go with something like the 3rd part designs, which are shaped more like a traditional controller. I think Hori made some very decent N64 controllers.

Inviere wrote: »
    Nintendo could take the high road and just go with something like the 3rd part designs, which are shaped more like a traditional controller. I think Hori made some very decent N64 controllers.

Would you prefer that? For authenticity, I think I'd like the "tri-pad" to come as standard. 8BitDo in particular have made some nice (S)NES Classic joypads, they'd likely do the same for an N64 Classic.

All pure speculation of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Interesting development with Diablo 3 if it's true:

Diablo 3 on Switch requires family online subscription to play with 2 players on 1 switch??
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/9ti6bs/diablo_3_on_switch_requires_family_online/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Inviere

Would you prefer that? For authenticity, I think I'd like the "tri-pad" to come as standard. 8BitDo in particular have made some nice (S)NES Classic joypads, they'd likely do the same for an N64 Classic.

All pure speculation of course.

The old style controller wouldn’t bother me in the slightest, but they’d have to put a proper analogue stick in there and not the glorified wheel mouse it was before. I’d imagine I’m in a minority thouh, as the controller gets a bad rap, so I think they could do one of the 3rd party designs, to try keep the majority happy. I’d just like to see the N64 mini come to fruition, with enough horsepower to put some spit and polish on the games. I’d take one over a PlayStation Mini every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Interesting development with Diablo 3 if it's true:

Diablo 3 on Switch requires family online subscription to play with 2 players on 1 switch??
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/9ti6bs/diablo_3_on_switch_requires_family_online/

This seems to only be if you want to play an online game. All players need to have an active online subscription. It does not affect playing local offline co-op.

Interestingly, this is similar to what Rocket League initially did but they changed it so you could have guest accounts (not tied to a Nintendo account) play as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Why am I so tempted by Diablo 3? I have it on the PS4 have not played it much due to Overwatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Why am I so tempted by Diablo 3? I have it on the PS4 have not played it much due to Overwatch.

Exact same thing here. I have RDR2, I have COD IV, I have Dark Souls on the Switch and I've barely made a dent in any of them and I'm still really tempting to buy Diablo III for the third time, even after insisting I'd wait for a price drop.

Don't think the vanilla version of DKR would be on an N64 classic though. People are forgetting that Banjo and Conker are in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

mario54324 wrote: »
    Don't think the vanilla version of DKR would be on an N64 classic though. People are forgetting that Banjo and Conker are in that game.

Microsoft have already said that they're fine with seeing Banjo appear in Smash, I don't think they'd have a problem with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Thinking of picking up Grim Fandango is it worth it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Snowc wrote: »

It's a 20 year old point & click adventure and to be honest, I wasn't a fan. If you like the genre then you probably will enjoy it but I found it so monotonous and lacking direction, something I don't have time for these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Hello neighbour, fortnite, Mario Odyssey, little nightmares are the games my kid is looking forward to this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Snowc wrote: »

Meh. Not at that price. Maybe when it gets a half price sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Phil.x wrote: »
    Hello neighbour, fortnite, Mario Odyssey, little nightmares are the games my kid is looking forward to this Christmas.

Last i checked Hello Neighbour was a bit ****ed up, could be wrong on that but id check it out on yt to make sure its appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Little nightmare is a bit freaky. How old are they?

• Advertisement

I've heard Hello Neighbour runs like arse on the Switch and is a terrible port. Not a game for kids either, if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, look up reviews for Hello Neighbour. Not great...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,698 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

'Super Smash Bros. Ultimate' Slammed For "Racist" Mr. Game & Watch Reference

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/11/04/super-smash-bros-ultimate-nintendo-switch-racist-mr-game-and-watch/

F*** off snowflakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

TitianGerm wrote: »

Six year old boy.

Six year old boy.

He might get a little weirded out by it. Check out a few YouTube videos first and see what you think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

i try playing star link battle for atlas, the game is hard to follow without sound from your Communards and some background sounds. All I have sound is for my ship, my weapons and a little bit from some background sounds. This is a very quiet game Ubisoft. Thanks alot Ubisoft you made a boring game.

I would question that about the web browser yes web browser it may take you 5 mins to get the web browser. the switch has a hidden web browser through user settings but the switch no proper search engine yet. Here you get the web browser you go to user and then on post social setting click on facebook app or Twitter app and search for google website click on it. there you go now you are on google. But you can't go further than that.

Advertisement