Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight Time From 4am-McGregor vs Mayweather**MOD Warning in 1st Post**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Floyd via DQ
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Them 2 private jets super cars in at least 3 cities gambling and shoppings spree's property purchases, on top of tax must'nt cost much according to you 2 boys.

He now thinks McGregor has more money than Floyd I suppose...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Floyd via KO-TKO
    Burial. wrote: »
    He now thinks McGregor has more money than Floyd I suppose...

Nope obviously not, dont think either will be mega rich age 50 or 60 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,025 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Floyd via KO-TKO
    Let's end this. Conor would do well to beat or even be competitive against a quality Irish novice boxer (and there are some)...That's the gulf in class.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Seems Diaz already in touch with Mayweather re agency and promotion. The UFC will be eager to have Diaz v McGregor 3 rather than lose the fight to boxing. Could be a very shrewd bit of manoeuvering by Diaz here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Floyd via DQ
    The only person this benefits is McGregor, his net worth is about $10 mill right now? Mayweathers is $340 mill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Gintonious wrote: »
    The only person this benefits is McGregor, his net worth is about $10 mill right now? Mayweathers is $340 mill.

I agree that Mayweather is in a different league finance wise, but McGregor is worth a damn sight more than $10m I suspect.

He made over $20m in 2016 alone. And he was already bringing in big dough the year before. 2015 was when he won the interim FW belt.

Floyd via DQ
    DrPhilG wrote: »
    I agree that Mayweather is in a different league finance wise, but McGregor is worth a damn sight more than $10m I suspect.

He made over $20m in 2016 alone. And he was already bringing in big dough the year before. 2015 was when he won the interim FW belt.

Forbes said it was $18, so I stand corrected. He probably has more than that now, but nothing close to what Mayweather has.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Floyd via DQ
    The only person this benefits is McGregor

Benefits him financially obviously but once Floyd stops him the internet meme/social media frenzy that will follow will damage his rep big time. Damaging to his brand in the long run I'd think especially after all the trash talk that will come in the build up.

I can picture the McGregor quitting on his stool in round 6 memes already.

Floyd via KO-TKO
    He was tapped out in March, do you think a few memes will bother him? hes bigger and earned more fans due to the loss.

Floyd via DQ
    He was tapped out in March, do you think a few memes will bother him? hes bigger and earned more fans due to the loss.

Its one thing losing when you gas out and don't prepare properly for an opponent, its another when you get embarrassed by a boxer like Mayweather.

• Advertisement

Floyd via KO-TKO
    Its one thing losing when you gas out and don't prepare properly for an opponent, its another when you get embarrassed by a boxer like Mayweather.

He did gas and got choked out ffs wake up, Mayweather cant read the memes anyways so he wont be laughing at anything, pillow fisted floyd.

Floyd via DQ
    He did gas and got choked out ffs wake up, Mayweather cant read the memes anyways so he wont be laughing at anything, pillow fisted floyd.

I just said he gased out, calm your jet, princess.

They might be pillow fists but they are quick, accurate and do the job.

Floyd via KO-TKO
    40 year old man relying on reflexes against a massive puncher, that will end well.

Floyd via DQ
    40 year old man relying on reflexes against a massive puncher, that will end well.

Yup, just look what happened when Canelo fought Mayweather, who is faster and stronger than McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭poeticjustice

If this fight ever happens, i'll happily have a wager with you!

Floyd via KO-TKO
    Yup, just look what happened when Canelo fought Mayweather, who is faster and stronger than McGregor.

Yeah remind when that fight happened about 5 years ago now, you think hes still the same physically?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭megadodge

Floyd via DQ
    Yeah remind when that fight happened about 5 years ago now, you think hes still the same physically?

Nope, 3 years and 4 months ago.

Floyd via KO-TKO
    Yep and this fight wont happen for a good while so 4 years say since it, complete irrelevant point by a fanboy clinging onto history, time waits for no man.

Floyd via DQ
    Yep and this fight wont happen for a good while so 4 years say since it, complete irrelevant point by a fanboy clinging onto history, time waits for no man.

By all means, show me some evidence to back this up, show me that Mayweather is slowing down.

You can't, cause even if he slows drastically, he is still faster than McGregor. Simple as that.

Floyd via KO-TKO
    By all means, show me some evidence to back this up, show me that Mayweather is slowing down.

You can't, cause even if he slows drastically, he is still faster than McGregor. Simple as that.

Its called father time look it up, Wlad is a good example.

• Advertisement

Floyd via DQ
    Its called father time look it up, Wlad is a good example.

Is that the scientific term? Or is there a latin version?

I dont think you can turn off the fanboy glasses to understand the difference in skill we are talking about here. Mayweather has been at the top of his game for years, decades now. He gets better each time because he looks after his body and treats it well. This "father time" stuff is wishful thinking.

You honestly think that McGregor, who was tagged by Diaz and Mendez, has a chance against the best defensive boxer of all time?

He is 49-0 for a reason.

Floyd via KO-TKO
    Yeah a few years ago in his prime Floyd probably wins but time has moved on, a combat phenom with a death touch much larger man at the weight and bigger puncher lands its good night irene.

Floyd via DQ
    Yeah a few years ago in his prime Floyd probably wins but time has moved on, a combat phenom with a death touch much larger man at the weight and bigger puncher lands its good night irene.

Again, I got a good chuckle out of that. Hilarious stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Again, I got a good chuckle out of that. Hilarious stuff.

Why are you dragging this debate out seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Oh what a circus!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,025 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Floyd via KO-TKO
    Wake up, fellas. You're being trolled. Like saying that Henry Shefflin beats Roger Federer at SW19...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

You genuinely have such a sad existence. Any forum I read you are there solely to be controversial and illicit a response. Like, why bother? Go out and live your life instead of annoying people on an anonymous forum it is so utterly time wasting. Pathetic.

Floyd via DQ
    The plus side of this, its made me watch some vids of Mayweather in action, serious viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Could be a year for the silver screen rather than the cage for Conor if this fight doesn't happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Mayweather at Frampton fight just interviewed and whole interview was about the potential bout with McGregor.

Have to say he was very positive about it happening. You could read a lot into the interview in terms is McGregor keeping his name in lights but after last year nothing can be discounted.

Lastly he said he would be willing to fight at 147 or 150.

Advertisement