Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight Time From 4am-McGregor vs Mayweather**MOD Warning in 1st Post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,021 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Floyd via KO-TKO
    True. That's why I don't see the win as anything to crow about. If he had beaten the likes of Canelo to go 50 and 0 that would be something to gloat above.

I don't think any genuine educated boxing fans are crowing about the win.

He's still 49-0 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I see George Foreman saying it's fight of the year haha same year as Aj v Vlad. Canelo v GGG and Loma v Rigo..

I see George Foreman saying it's fight of the year haha same year as Aj v Vlad. Canelo v GGG and Loma v Rigo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Conor via DQ

Have I just woken from a coma? Did I miss canelo vs GGG and Loma vs Rigo?

GerryDerpy wrote:

You know there both going to be exiting fights! Even if there not, MayMac will not be fight of the year. AJ v Lad is already ahead regardless of how any future fights go.

• Advertisement

GerryDerpy wrote:

You know there both going to be exiting fights! Even if there not, MayMac will not be fight of the year. AJ v Lad is already ahead regardless of how any future fights go.

GerryDerpy wrote:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Floyd via DQ
    walshb wrote: »
    Yes, that is defensive. It's clear. Black and White. He defended against Conor's offense.

The issue is saying right that at rd 1 and a few seconds in he "was letting Conor punch himself out."

That seems an odd thing to say. Floyd was also offensive in rds 1, 2 and 3. He lost all three.

The discussions are did he deliberately lose them? I don't think he set out to actually lose them. He may have set out to take it easy on offence and to size Conor up, be careful, but to deliberately go 30-27 down is not at all clear.

I have watched the rds a few times. It seems to me that in that moment of time Conor got the better of him in those rds fair and square.

Now, let's say they were to fight again and it was 3 pro rds, and not 12. I would still back Floyd, but it sure would be interesting when you consider what we say in the first 3 rds last week, added to the fact that Floyd is not and never was a killer type fighter.

He lost the first three according to you. According to the judges ,the only ones who actually would have counted, he won 2 of those 3.

Make of that what you want, having watched it only a couple of times I thought McGregor definitely won round 1 & 2. But such is the world of boxing.

No matter what happened even if it went 12 rounds McGregor was never getting a decision in this one, only way he was going to win was to knock Mayweather out. And he just didn't have the ability or power for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Draw
    He lost the first three according to you. According to the judges ,the only ones who actually would have counted, he won 2 of those 3.
    One of the judges gave McGregor rounds 1,2 & 3.

Ultimately nobody's opinions on the rounds matter. The only opinion that mattered was the refs in the 10th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Conor on points
    So Floyd apparently done barely any training let alone sparring like we thought . Didnt really run or go the gym . Just got off his private jet weighed in and got in the ring . The great big con job but sure we already knew that.

• Advertisement

Floyd via DQ
    Mellor wrote: »
    One of the judges gave McGregor rounds 1,2 & 3.

Ultimately nobody's opinions on the rounds matter. The only opinion that mattered was the refs in the 10th

Mayweather won 2 & 3 on two judges cards .. ie if the cards had counted he won rounds 2&3.

Floyd via DQ
    So Floyd apparently done barely any training let alone sparring like we thought . Didnt really run or go the gym . Just got off his private jet weighed in and got in the ring . The great big con job but sure we already knew that.

Thats a load of bollox, you don't get in the type of shape Mayweather was in without training.

Did he train as hard as he did for Alvarez/Pacman/ a real fight .. no .. but he trained hard regardless. It's not in his make up not to.

Before the fight we were all told Floyd always stays in shape, runs every single night. He's not like a fighter retired 2 years.

After fight, oh he's a old, retired boxer that hasn't got off his arse in two years..

Ye are a gas bunch.

Conor on points
    Before the fight we were all told Floyd always stays in shape, runs every single night. He's not like a fighter retired 2 years.

After fight, oh he's a old, retired boxer that hasn't got off his arse in two years..

Ye are a gas bunch.

He TKO'd Conor . Walked through his punches . Laughed and winked through the first few rounds . It was all good .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Conor via DQ
    Mayweather budgeted for 3 rounds of the unknown... Once that was out of the way his conclusion was... "he's tired already" his corner instructed him to finish up. He obviously had money on the 10th and dragged it on.

Floyd via KO-TKO
    Mayweather budgeted for 3 rounds of the unknown... Once that was out of the way his conclusion was... "he's tired already" his corner instructed him to finish up. He obviously had money on the 10th and dragged it on.

The 10th money thing is bull. He went very heavy for the KO in 8 and 9. So that angle is bull.

Floyd via DQ
    The 10th money thing is bull. He went very heavy for the KO in 8 and 9. So that angle is bull.

He had money on under 9.5 so it's not bull.

He went for the KO in the 8 & 9 because of it and obviously finished it in the 10 to win the bet.

Ran it close mind you.

Floyd via KO-TKO
    He had money on under 9.5 so it's not bull.

He went for the KO in the 8 & 9 because of it and obviously finished it in the 10 to win the bet.

Ran it close mind you.

Sorry, how do you know all this?

Seems you are covering all angles and variables. He went for the finish pretty much after rd 4. He ended up doing it in 10, and to suit the narrative it was all planned because of a bet? Madness!

Plus I was replying to this specific claim: "He obviously had money on the 10th and dragged it on"

Nothing to do with 9.5 or under 9.5...

Floyd via DQ
    Sorry, how do you know all this?

Seems you are covering all angles and variables. He went for the finish pretty much after rd 4. He ended up doing it in 10, and to suit the narrative it was all planned because of a bet? Madness!

I am not saying he meant to end it in the 10th. But he had a widely publicized bet on a TKO before 9.5. Couldnt get the 400K on he wanted but ended up with something close to 100k on it.

I am not for a minute saying he meant to end it in the exact round he ended it. It was pretty obvious in the 8th & 9th he was trying to Ko McGregor, who to be fair was finished by that point anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Conor via DQ
    As if a 100k bet means anything to Mayweather.

• Advertisement

Conor on points
    GerryDerpy wrote: »
    As if a 100k bet means anything to Mayweather.

Pointless really . However for an addict its just the rush not even the reward. Horrible addiction to have

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Floyd via KO-TKO
    He was betting fortunes on one arm bandits the other day I seen, that say it all complete mug gambler its a good job he got this payday.

Conor on points
    Doesnt drink doesnt smoke etc - Gambling seems to be his only release . Unfortunately it doesnt seem to be in moderation

Floyd via KO-TKO
    Doesnt drink doesnt smoke etc - Gambling seems to be his only release . Unfortunately it doesnt seem to be in moderation

I wonder how much gambling consumes his life, and if it's really affecting his life. So many addictions in life. It's what makes us human. If he can afford it and enjoys it then best of luck to him. No different than smoking or drinking or whatever other addictions we have that costs money.

Let's say he loses 25 k a week via gambling. Similar to a smoker (normal joe average salary) losing whatevere the price of his/her addiction for the week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Floyd via KO-TKO
    I wonder how much gambling consumes his life, and if it's really affecting his life. So many addictions in life. It's what makes us human. If he can afford it and enjoys it then best of luck to him. No different than smoking or drinking or whatever other addictions we have that costs money.

Let's say he loses 25 k a week via gambling. Similar to a smoker (normal joe average salary) losing whatevere the price of his/her addiction for the week.

I dont think he bets less than about 50k a bet, I'd say hes down fortunes from it as like all mugs they will only post and brag about their winners will never hear the tales of being wiped, anyways hes good for a few years now with his few hundred million top up, still wouldnt put it past him spunking the dough eventually mind.

Conor on points

Its hard to know . I know from someone close to me how horrible an addiction it can be. There are no limits to what you can lose all day every day.

Thats why it annoyed me when people pushed betting onto people on this thread. It can start very easy and lead to a horrible place.

I remember a poster here said stuff about Floyd not having much of a life from an early age . I do worry that it might not end well for him . His promotion are doing well though and there are brains behind that operation so thats what he should invest most in.

Floyd via DQ
    Its hard to know . I know from someone close to me how horrible an addiction it can be. There are no limits to what you can lose all day every day.

Thats why it annoyed me when people pushed betting onto people on this thread. It can start very easy and lead to a horrible place.

I remember a poster here said stuff about Floyd not having much of a life from an early age . I do worry that it might not end well for him . His promotion are doing well though and there are brains behind that operation so thats what he should invest most in.

47 fighters on his promotion books.

340million in fixed assets according to the IRS.

So he's doing just fine in terms of set up for life, but like alot of rich athletes there is no doubt he may blow through it all and end up in the poor house.

Only wears shoes once, has loads of luxury cars ... eventually that will catch up to you. But he does seem to have invested wisely.

Floyd via KO-TKO
    I am going to take a bet that Floyd's finances work out just fine, and that he and his offspring and theirs are set up just fine financially!

He TKO'd Conor . Walked through his punches . Laughed and winked through the first few rounds . It was all good .

And what has this to do with my post you quoted, seriously now?

• Advertisement

Conor on points
    47 fighters on his promotion books.

340million in fixed assets according to the IRS.

So he's doing just fine in terms of set up for life, but like alot of rich athletes there is no doubt he may blow through it all and end up in the poor house.

Only wears shoes once, has loads of luxury cars ... eventually that will catch up to you. But he does seem to have invested wisely.

Yeah there is a lot of astute businessmen part of his team . Ellerbe really seems to be the main man .

Advertisement