Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers mentioning/promoting products

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

LizT wrote: »
    Sorry but if you buy an expensive bag just because a blogger has it, you need your head tested.

I don't agree.

I agree it's madness, but I believe it happens fairly often!
    Isn't that how advertising works? You see someone with something and then hear the raving reports and then you're more likely to buy it yourself!

Same with all the bloggers - they recommend something and team up with businesses because people ARE influenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Of course it can influence you. I've bought make up and skin care items because of bloggers recommendations. I think it's a completely different situation when you're talking about designer bags that cost 1000s versus a foundation or mascara.

And if you really wanted the bag and bought it because a blogger had it, would you then lose all interest in it as soon as the blogger sold hers on? That's sheer stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Of course it can influence you. I've bought make up and skin care items because of bloggers recommendations. I think it's a completely different situation when you're talking about designer bags that cost 1000s versus a foundation or mascara.

And if you really wanted the bag and bought it because a blogger had it, would you then lose all interest in it as soon as the blogger sold hers on? That's sheer stupidity.

there is a reason why these bloggers have big followers and there is actually people out there who want to be like them and want what they have and would spend big money on items they recommend.
    I think it's stupidity myself however I also know there are people out there who get obsessed by these people and want everything they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I doubt they'd lose all interest in the bag, more they'd feel duped. Like when you buy a new mascara or lippy or whatever on recommendation from a blogger who claims it's the best thing ever, only to never hear them speak of it again. Well you'd feel duped, so amplify that feeling by 100. You wouldn't throw the bag in the bin, but you'd feel like a victim of the impressionable culture and naive. This happens, people do this all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Yeah fair enough. I still think people are influenced - cost can be irrelevant!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sassychick91

I saw Grace bought a new bouncer thing for her baby a couple of days ago. Apparently the boyfriend got it.
    But I just seen JJ had her baby in the exact same one today.
    I wonder is this another Currys TV sort of thing. Hmmm.
    She is always promoting the Naked Meat Company too so I wonder should there be #ad for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nursey101

I had to stop following Grace, it was too boring. JJ today on her top saying its on her blog, so hard to say river island. Is anyone following Ali Ryan, that girl needs someone to tell her that she does not need to constantly expose her breasts. Did anyone see her snapchat earlier, it's unnecessary.

I saw Grace bought a new bouncer thing for her baby a couple of days ago. Apparently the boyfriend got it.
    But I just seen JJ had her baby in the exact same one today.
    I wonder is this another Currys TV sort of thing. Hmmm.
    She is always promoting the Naked Meat Company too so I wonder should there be #ad for it.

I was thinking the same about that bouncer is it a coincidence they were shown at the same time .. that meat company is definitely a promotion she is receiving free food in return for advertising should she not be paying tax for that benefit in kind.

nursey101 wrote: »
    I had to stop following Grace, it was too boring. JJ today on her top saying its on her blog, so hard to say river island. Is anyone following Ali Ryan, that girl needs someone to tell her that she does not need to constantly expose her breasts. Did anyone see her snapchat earlier, it's unnecessary.

Jj does that all the time she should #affiliatelink if she was as honest and transparent as she claims to be.

It was good to see Rosie con #ad in all her snaps of the hotel she stayed in tonight, jj failed to # when she stayed in the hotel recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 powerdown

Have only started recently following her since the Rosemary 'gossies' craic and would agree she loves showing off her cleavage - however no mention of the Perkys or any other tit tape so no #ad needed haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

I noticed she had no problem saying the jeans were Penneys, obviously because there's no affiliate link for Penneys so no need to send people to her blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Really good article on Daily Edge about affiliate links
    http://dailyedge.ie/3242387

Apparently the ASAI say bloggers should be declaring affiliate links. They don't seem to care about enforcing it though, most of the big bloggers use them and don't declare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

Cria wrote: »
    I was thinking the same about that bouncer is it a coincidence they were shown at the same time .. that meat company is definitely a promotion she is receiving free food in return for advertising should she not be paying tax for that benefit in kind.

I just came on to write about that bouncer! Was a bit strange that they ''bought'' it that day and then JJ has snaps of it too....

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Really good article on Daily Edge about affiliate links

Apparently the ASAI say bloggers should be declaring affiliate links. They don't seem to care about enforcing it though, most of the big bloggers use them and don't declare.
    The ASAI has no power at all and AFAIK it's the brand being advertised that's held responsible for breaches. At best it's a minor inconvenience for the influencer to know that a complaint has been made against them. As long as brands are willing to pay them and not insist on declaration of sponsored content then non-disclosure will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I see Sues Dylan thanking Louis Copland for dressing him for London Fashion Week! Tags the company a couple of times and she tags them too. No sign of #ad or #soon. Maybe he paid himself for the suits. Yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

ratmouse wrote: »
    I see Sues Dylan thanking Louis Copland for dressing him for London Fashion Week! Tags the company a couple of times and she tags them too. No sign of #ad or #soon. Maybe he paid himself for the suits. Yeah!

I Noticed that yesterday. He was splashed all over social media promoting them. He's obviously on the bandwagon now too! (Eye roll)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BeeMee_123

He just makes me cringe anyway. No he's acting like a blogger too?

Snaps advertising him no #ad? There is no way they are giving Louis Copland so much publicity for nothing?

I refuse to goto JJ blog - links to what she's wearing because she is being so deceptive about the affiliate links.

I will however support the likes of Rosemary who says along the lines of go on i'll get my few bob or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BeeMee_123

Agree well worth the read

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

BeeMee_123 wrote: »

Snaps advertising him no #ad? There is no way they are giving Louis Copland so much publicity for nothing?

I know hes her manager/business partner etc but unless hes started a fashion blog of his own then anyone sending him stuff/dressing him i have no time for. He has ZERO need to be featured in any way other than as her partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Agree well worth the read

So affiliated links must be clear and declared... Interesting!

• Advertisement

Lindy97 wrote: »
    I know hes her manager/business partner etc but unless hes started a fashion blog of his own then anyone sending him stuff/dressing him i have no time for. He has ZERO need to be featured in any way other than as her partner.

I wonder is this a build up or prelude to where his wedding suit will be sourced as a means to promote Louis Copeland?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I actually emailed the ASAI on Friday about affiliate links. Haven't heard back from them yet! It's only been since Friday morning so hopefully will get a reply by this evening!

(edit: That article does answer the question I asked but still hoping they reply! Might send them a few names who don't so what there supposed to an suggest they bring in the #affiliate.)

idunno78 wrote: »
    I actually emailed the ASAI on Friday about affiliate links. Haven't heard back from them yet! It's only been since Friday morning so hopefully will get a reply by this evening!

Fair play. Let us know when you hear back on what they say if you don't mind?

LouD2016 wrote: »
    I just came on to write about that bouncer! Was a bit strange that they ''bought'' it that day and then JJ has snaps of it too....

Yes what a coincidence it's all constant promoting the asai need to be monitoring these bloggers.
    In fairness if the ASAI read these threads they'd see who to watch the worst offenders are faces by grace just Jordan and the make up fairy .. pippa o Connor is starting to get a bit better.

I refuse to goto JJ blog - links to what she's wearing because she is being so deceptive about the affiliate links.

I will however support the likes of Rosemary who says along the lines of go on i'll get my few bob or whatever.

I feel the same jj is constantly using the line loads are asking me where my top is from it's on my blog.
    If she had an ounce of respect for her followers she'd do what rosemary does or even say it's river island but if you want to use my affiliate link it's on my blog I make a few euro from it.
    She's on twitter claiming she's 100% transparent.
    When you skip through her and graces endless baby snaps in between each one is a quick snap of a company.
    People should just report the blogger along with the company every time these bloggers do this.

I find that so embarrassing why do the partners want to be mini celebs promoting brands Louis Copeland should be reported to the ASAI.
    Sue is a brand in her own right she should be avoiding the non transparency I thought she had moved on from little blogger to business woman.
    She's no different to
    The rest of her and him are promoting companies with no #.
    I used to think she was slightly above the other bloggers like muf and Rosie not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dolly16

i feel like it's a waste of time to be honest. Those mentioned above JJ & FBG live in a delusional world where the rules don't seem to apply to them.

If you ask either of them about #ad you get a smart reply and blocked. Which has turned me off them completely – they can put on a show of being a normal girl but the nastiness creeps out when they don’t like something. Yawn.

Sooner this "blogging" bubble bursts the better.

Cria wrote: »
    I find that so embarrassing why do the partners want to be mini celebs promoting brands Louis Copeland should be reported to the ASAI.
    Sue is a brand in her own right she should be avoiding the non transparency I thought she had moved on from little blogger to business woman.
    She's no different to
    The rest of her and him are promoting companies with no #.
    I used to think she was slightly above the other bloggers like muf and Rosie not anymore.

I don't believe that she's above the others at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Yes the Daily Edge article says to ask them about ads. When you do you get blocked and in some cases abused by their followers if its on public social media.

Im pretty sure Sue doesnt disclose freebies so yes, shes as bad as the rest

• Advertisement

Yes the Daily Edge article says to ask them about ads. When you do you get blocked and in some cases abused by their followers if its on public social media.

Im pretty sure Sue doesnt disclose freebies so yes, shes as bad as the rest

Agreed, if not worse, both her and Fairy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement