Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Brides/Grooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Someone stop me now I've just bought a white bride bomber jacket and 5 matching bride squad jackets for my bridesmaids! I've actually lost control!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SarahS2013

Just booked our 2018 wedding....agh!!!
    City Hall & The Dylan.
    Wanted to keep it Dublin City as that's where most of the guests are coming from.
    So far have booked ceremony, celebrant, city hall drinks reception, reception venue and photographer!
    EEEEEEK!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Hi all,
    New to the thread! Got engaged on Friday evening and have started planning for a wedding April/May next year, we are together a long time so not hanging around :)

Looking forward to all the chat!

WooHoo congratulations!
    We're engaged nearly 4 weeks; date set for 11/8/18 next year.
    So far booked ceremony, celebrant, reception venue and photographer!

http://weddingbandassociation.ie

Just putting this up here for anyone on the hunt for a band. I found it so helpful because the bands contact you if they're available on your date. I had contacted about 15 bands before that and it was soul destroying the amount of rejection emails I received!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Bannergal

Thanks for that.
    I'm nearly crying with the bands I have contacted and they are already booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gettingwed

Hi new to this, I'm.looking or any info.or advice or recommendations for a catholic wedding in benalmadena, we are considering sunset beach as a reception, we will have roughly 40-50 guests coming from ireland, has anyone any previous experience they could share please. Tia

Save the Dates arrived today! Absolutely unnecessary purchase but I couldn't help myself! This wedding is going to cost me a fortune if I don't stop soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

SarahS2013 wrote: »
    Just booked our 2018 wedding....agh!!!
    City Hall & The Dylan.
    Wanted to keep it Dublin City as that's where most of the guests are coming from.
    So far have booked ceremony, celebrant, city hall drinks reception, reception venue and photographer!
    EEEEEEK!!

Ahh you may have just booked my dream wedding! I was in the area of the Dylan hotel late week and added it to my list! Going to see it next week properly. Do you mind me asking how many you're having and if getting your date was hard? I'm thinking of city hall (defo a civil ceremony anyway) and then a Dublin City reception venue. No one I know has done a city wedding so I'm hoping it will be a novelty for my guests and I want to keep it low key numbers wise.

SozBbz wrote: »
    Ahh you may have just booked my dream wedding! I was in the area of the Dylan hotel late week and added it to my list! Going to see it next week properly. Do you mind me asking how many you're having and if getting your date was hard? I'm thinking of city hall (defo a civil ceremony anyway) and then a Dublin City reception venue. No one I know has done a city wedding so I'm hoping it will be a novelty for my guests and I want to keep it low key numbers wise.

Me too, I'm so excited about our city wedding!
    There are loads of different options in The Dylan, we're doing something a little different but you can do a sit down meal too.
    Are you going to meet Oscar? He's amazing and SO easy to work with. We got our date no problem and actually I thought it was going to cost way more than it is! We're going to have exclusive use of the restaurant and the whole front terrace for the day which the restaurants opens out on to. Bear in mind City Hall dates are hard to come by, we managed to get ours next August because it was a cancellation. Feel free to PM me if you want more details :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 completely confused

Hi all,

Can't believe it's just over a year to go now! 
    Looking for some advice re ceremony music. We wanted a string trio or even a violin and cello duo for our humanist ceremony. We're sorted for the drinks reception so we'd only want them to play for max 1 hour during the ceremony. We're really struggling to find anyone who isnt 500ish euro which I feel is mad money for the amount of time we need. 

Any suggestions?

Hi all,

Looking for some advice re ceremony music. We wanted a string trio or even a violin and cello duo for our humanist ceremony. We're sorted for the drinks reception so we'd only want them to play for max 1 hour during the ceremony. We're really struggling to find anyone who isnt 500ish euro which I feel is mad money for the amount of time we need. 

Any suggestions?

What part of the country are you in??
    I saw Darwin Trio at a wedding & they were excellent

Anyone what to share what bands they have booked??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭infor123

Bannergal wrote: »
    Anyone what to share what bands they have booked??

Thanks

Patrick Roche. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 21 completely confused

Hi all,

Any suggestions?

Hi all,

Any suggestions?

Thanks will check them out! We're in Dublin but wedding is in Wicklow

infor123 wrote: »
    Patrick Roche. ðŸ˜

They were the only bad that didn't reply!!!!

They were the only bad that didn't reply!!!!

Aw no way? Who you going with?

infor123 wrote: »
    Aw no way? Who you going with?

No one yet!!!!

Our heads are fried listening to you tube

All the bands we want are already booked

No one yet!!!!

Our heads are fried listening to you tube

All the bands we want are already booked

Yeah we were the same but Patrick Roche was recommended by loads so we rang him and he was available so we were lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

We had 'A Few Good Men'. They're based in Dublin but just checked their website and they travel all over Ireland. They were absolutely brilliant and our guests loved them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭maisiedaisy

We're going with Truly Diverse from Kerry. Also have heard Late Night Radio at a wedding, they were great too!

We're going with Truly Diverse from Kerry. Also have heard Late Night Radio at a wedding, they were great too!

I tried Truly Diverse but they are booked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

We have Late Night Radio booked! Was at 2 weddings they played at and they are amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Just booked our honeymoon, slightly over budget but it’ll be worth it, Dominican Republic and New York on the way back. Roll on July

Can anyone recommend a videographer? We’re getting married in Wexford. My fiancé has sent me an excel spreadsheet of people he’s googled but I’m looking for any personal recommendations!

What’s the general prices for flowers for wedding? Was quoted 750. Think it’s and ok price fairly standard flowers, just wondering what others are paying.

Also what’s the feeling on button holes for siblings?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Wellyd wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a videographer? We’re getting married in Wexford. My fiancé has sent me an excel spreadsheet of people he’s googled but I’m looking for any personal recommendations!

We used yourweddingvideo.ie and they were very easy to deal with and did an amazing job!:)

Santy2015 wrote:
    Just booked our honeymoon, slightly over budget but it’ll be worth it, Dominican Republic and New York on the way back. Roll on July

Ours went over budget too but not by much, in fairness when are you ever going to get to treat yourself like that again :-) Dominican is LOVELY we were there a few years ago! Be totally worth it!
    infor123 wrote:
    What’s the general prices for flowers for wedding? Was quoted 750. Think it’s and ok price fairly standard flowers, just wondering what others are paying.

I'm paying less than 500.. but it all depends whats included! What does the 750 include?

wrote:

I'm paying less than 500.. but it all depends whats included! What does the 750 include?

It includes pew ends - simple bow with flower. 4 bouquets, button holes, arch, 2 altar decorations, presentation flowers.

• Advertisement

infor123 wrote:
    It includes pew ends - simple bow with flower. 4 bouquets, button holes, arch, 2 altar decorations, presentation flowers.

That sounds pretty good so! The arch alone could be 150! :-) I'm getting 5 bouquets, a 5ft altar spray to hold the candles, 7 buttonholes, 2 mothers pins! I think thats it.. so presentation flowers/arch/pew ends and a second altar display would add up yeah :-) 750 sounds good i think!

Advertisement