Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Brides/Grooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

We are looking into honey moon for next Summer also, but ruled out the US almost immediately based on the current exchange rates and prices.

I'm not sure €4,000 will get two people two weeks in the States.

What it boiled down to us for was that you'd get 17-20 days in the East for the price of a week in the US, and our budget is even slightly higher
    What did you look for in the east? Our wedding is the end of July. Looked into the weather and its monsoon season in certain parts like Thailand, Singapore

yeah my friend is doing something similar to what you've described and they're spending about €8k in total. Most of the cost is the cruise itself so just get some brochures and you'll figure out if you can afford it or not, but its not a cheap option!

Damn, that's well over budget. Hard to know, I've been online all day. I reckon it's best to sit down with travel agents and go from there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Santy2015 wrote: »
    Damn, that's well over budget. Hard to know, I've been online all day. I reckon it's best to sit down with travel agents and go from there

Look, its worth researching, knowing my friend she's not gone for the cheap option, so maybe there will be something within your budget, although I'd say it would be the upper end of your budget.

You should be able to get prices of cruise options online and then compare them with what travel agents can offer, worth looking at all options.

Myself and himself just came back from 2 weeks in Vietnam, we spent about €2k per head, so I'd imagine the US is going to be a good bit more. Now about half of that cost was flights, and we stayed in fancy enough places (not the backpacker route!) but still.

Found this - https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/itinerary-details/?ItineraryCode=12Y047&shipcode=AN&Saildate=20171202

Shorter than you want but should allow for flights wtihin your budget. Also, you may want to add a drinks package for $65 per day (per person) to make it all inclusive. There are probably lots of things that cost extra that you'd need to consider.

Look, its worth researching, knowing my friend she's not gone for the cheap option, so maybe there will be something within your budget, although I'd say it would be the upper end of your budget.

You should be able to get prices of cruise options online and then compare them with what travel agents can offer, worth looking at all options.

Myself and himself just came back from 2 weeks in Vietnam, we spent about €2k per head, so I'd imagine the US is going to be a good bit more. Now about half of that cost was flights, and we stayed in fancy enough places (not the backpacker route!) but still.
    Yeah you can the see the cruise deals. I've contacted a agent and they're to get back with a rough estimate for us. Flights are too far out, they can get quotes for hotels and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Santy2015 wrote: »
    What did you look for in the east? Our wedding is the end of July. Looked into the weather and its monsoon season in certain parts like Thailand, Singapore

We'll be travelling in May, and currently looking at 5 night Maldives / 14 nights Sri Lanka options - will be in the region of €6k in total

• Advertisement

We'll be travelling in May, and currently looking at 5 night Maldives / 14 nights Sri Lanka options - will be in the region of €6k in total

We'd be thinking 14/15 nights max start of August. Either way it's going to be expensive but worth it

We'd be thinking 14/15 nights max start of August. Either way it's going to be expensive but worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Try trailfinders I found them very helpful and they may be able to give you some ideas! Even order their brochure online! Now they can be like "this is a little over budget but you're getting all this" so be firm with them ;-) we're doing 2 weeks in Thailand, really going all out with hotels! We could have gone cheaper but we're treating ourselves as we don't plan on doing it again ;-) lol

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Try trailfinders I found them very helpful and they may be able to give you some ideas! Even order their brochure online! Now they can be like "this is a little over budget but you're getting all this" so be firm with them ;-) we're doing 2 weeks in Thailand, really going all out with hotels! We could have gone cheaper but we're treating ourselves as we don't plan on doing it again ;-) lol

How much is the 14 nights in Thailand costing? Before spending money?

Just over 5000 including a few tours and all flights, transfers etc.. and fab hotels all the way.. going to 3 different places there so all transfers and flights and all add up!

• Advertisement

Oh its also peak time to visit so hotels def cost a good bit more than usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

We're thinking of going on a mini moon in Ireland for a couple of nights and putting the actual honeymoon off until September, hoping to go to New Zealand so want to split my annual leave in work. We've been looking at Harveys Point in Donegal, anyone ever been? Don't mind paying a bit more as its only for a few nights :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

MissElle wrote: »
    We're thinking of going on a mini moon in Ireland for a couple of nights and putting the actual honeymoon off until September, hoping to go to New Zealand so want to split my annual leave in work. We've been looking at Harveys Point in Donegal, anyone ever been? Don't mind paying a bit more as its only for a few nights :)

Harvey's Point is gorgeous but it doesn't have a spa if you're after that. It does have a lovely, warm relaxing ambience. Solis Castle is lovely too and has a spa.

Harvey's Point is gorgeous but it doesn't have a spa if you're after that. It does have a lovely, warm relaxing ambience. Solis Castle is lovely too and has a spa.

That's great, thanks for the reply :) No it doesn't have to have a spa necessarily but I'll definitely take a look at Solis Castle too

Yeah, Lee travel were very helpful on the phone today. Really want to do America, not necessarily a cruise as well. Will have to see what our budget will get us. We've 3 weeks off in august so a good 14 nights would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭orlabobs

Just got engaged over the weekend! We're looking at June next year and have already two places provisionally booked. Feel like I have so so much to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

orlabobs wrote: »
    Just got engaged over the weekend! We're looking at June next year and have already two places provisionally booked. Feel like I have so so much to do!

Congrats! We're getting married in June next year too. First thing I will suggest is try looking into your photographer/videographer and band/DJ asap. We booked ours last year when we just got engaged and they were already taking bookings for 2018. Get the big things out of the way first and it will all come together! Happy Planning :heart:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭orlabobs

Congrats! We're getting married in June next year too. First thing I will suggest is try looking into your photographer/videographer and band/DJ asap. We booked ours last year when we just got engaged and they were already taking bookings for 2018. Get the big things out of the way first and it will all come together! Happy Planning :heart:

Thanks!!!
    Yes I'm hoping that by the end of the month I will have hotel booked and can book the others soon after. Currently doing my research but there's so much out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Santy 2015, we're just back from our 2 week US honeymoon which I think cost us about 2500e a head. We spent three days first in New Orleans, then took a 7-day western carribean cruise from Fort Lauderdale and then 3 days in Chicago on the way back. We booked in about March with American Holidays in Dublin, they were absolutely fantastic. Went in one day with a vague idea, left an hour later with everything booked and sorted out. Flights, accommodation and cruise food was included, the beverage packages were extra. If you need any info drop me a pm.

missmatty wrote: »
    Santy 2015, we're just back from our 2 week US honeymoon which I think cost us about 2500e a head. We spent three days first in New Orleans, then took a 7-day western carribean cruise from Fort Lauderdale and then 3 days in Chicago on the way back. We booked in about March with American Holidays in Dublin, they were absolutely fantastic. Went in one day with a vague idea, left an hour later with everything booked and sorted out. Flights, accommodation and cruise food was included, the beverage packages were extra. If you need any info drop me a pm.

That seems reasonable enough - so the €2,500 incl flights, accom, cruise, cruise food?
    I know everyone is different, but about how much were ye spending day to day when not on the cruise?

• Advertisement

missmatty wrote: »

Thanks Missmatty,
    That's very reasonable. 16 nights all in is good. How much did you spend daily as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

That included three internal US flights as well. The cruise ship excursions on shore were not included and they were quite expensive, could be 80 dollars each or up depending on length of tour and whether lunch was included.

Daily spending, hmmm. Didn't go out for breakfast every day, had coffee and a snack from a 7-eleven or something in the hotel room most days or waited till lunch as were full from previous night's dinner (we had room only for the hotels). Maybe a coffee and a sandwich later. Dinner varied between say 60 to 120 dollars for both of us, depending on where we went. Food in general was probably as expensive as here if not more so. We also did some city tours which varied a lot in expense. It depends what you want to spend really.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

MissElle wrote: »
    We are thinking something along the same lines but heading to Inchadoney in cork. We have been before and absolutely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

So I'm an August 2018 bride, actually can't wait. Venue, photographer, videographer, celebrant, band, makeup, hair and flowers booked.

When my partner proposed, he gave me a letter after he'd put the ring on my finger which said that he had booked the venue of our dreams and the date he'd booked it for. Couldn't believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭Rfrip

ash xxx wrote: »
    So I'm an August 2018 bride, actually can't wait. Venue, photographer, videographer, celebrant, band, makeup, hair and flowers booked.

When my partner proposed, he gave me a letter after he'd put the ring on my finger which said that he had booked the venue of our dreams and the date he'd booked it for. Couldn't believe it!

Aw wow that's fab! Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Aug 2018, just today we have booked our venue and band. Exciting times. 🀗🀗🀗

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Guybrush Threepwood

Another March 2018 Bride here!

All going smoothly- all the big things booked :)

Currently working on getting Save the Dates out. I got some lovely ones from Etsy! I hadn't planned on them, but I've since found out there's a home 6 Nations Match on our wedding day! As our venue is Dublin, and popular with Rugby fans. I figured best to give people a heads up so they can book accommodation early.

Also have arranged to have the match on during the Drink reception to keep the dad and brother in laws happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Wedding date on hold until I get to the hotel to pay the deposit this weekend! Just had a count up to see how far away it is and it's the lovely round number of 500 days! Really need to do some proper research on photographers and have a pain in my face looking at wedding bands on YouTube, but am so excited to have a date!

Wellyd wrote: »
    Wedding date on hold until I get to the hotel to pay the deposit this weekend! Just had a count up to see how far away it is and it's the lovely round number of 500 days! Really need to do some proper research on photographers and have a pain in my face looking at wedding bands on YouTube, but am so excited to have a date!

I was so glad to get the band booked, that bit stressed me out the most :pac: Got nice unity candles online and I'm going to order a nice cake topper on Etsy. On the hunt for robes for myself and bridesmaids that don't cost a fortune!

• Advertisement

MissElle wrote:
    I was so glad to get the band booked, that bit stressed me out the most Got nice unity candles online and I'm going to order a nice cake topper on Etsy. On the hunt for robes for myself and bridesmaids that don't cost a fortune!

Try boohoo.ie i know they have cute jammies and nightdresses!

Advertisement