Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »
    Put in a small €3.96 Order tonight on aliexpress, anyone want to make bets (joking) on when/if it gets here or at all.

Above order placed on Mar. 09.

2020-03-28 Arrived in Ireland.

Arrived in the mail this morning (Apr 02).

3 & half weeks turnaround, not bad.

Tracking number: UW537662505CN | Logistics company: China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus

I know the covid19 virus can not survive in the few weeks it took to get here.

But package will sit unopened for another week(/two) in my garage. In no rush to get at the contents.

I have three items sent the end of February and still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭dohouch

Got a packet today. Posted 13 February, here today=53 days. Happy to have. Small, cheap packet total value €5.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

Put in my first order on AliExpress on the 24th March and I haven’t received an ePacket update since the 29th March:

‘’Shanghai, leave [International Mail Processing Center], the next stop [Shanghai International Mail Exchange Station]’’ ... then nothing. (LO949714639CN)

Is it possible that it has left China and the tracker hasn’t been updated? Or is it still sitting in some warehouse in China?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It's sitting in a cage in Dublin waiting to be processed out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Seriously think people need to stop buying from China, permanently. Buying all this cheap ****e is distorting the climate and has indirectly brought us this virus. Just give up buying the crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Seriously think people need to stop buying from China, permanently. Buying all this cheap ****e is distorting the climate and has indirectly brought us this virus. Just give up buying the crap.
    I have you sussed... you're Donald trump aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

ED E wrote: »
    It's sitting in a cage in Dublin waiting to be processed out.

Really, is that how it normally goes (after no update showing that it left the China) or has it turned up on tracking in Ireland?

Bought an OEM LCD replacement for my aul cracked iPhone 6, as my local repair shops are now in shutdown. Should I f*ck it in the bin and buy a new phone? If you can recommend any phone not manufactured and shipped from Asia, please feel free to let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

screen protectors for my 2 year old Xiaomi phone arrived last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

Buying stuff online is TBH the only option at the moment, as almost all local shops are closed.
    I've purchased a shed load of stuff from farawayland in the last week.
    And some from Euro warehouses.
    All of which will enable me to keep working, and maintain social isolation.
    Folks I recommend you buy as much as possible online during the crisis. It's safer for all.
    I'll report as deliveries arrive. There's a 1-day or so delay with An Post (understandable), that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭irishchris

Still waiting here for good few orders made 25 March. Most shipped from 29 March on tracking but no sign since of them. Anyone get stuff delivered recently from China? Does the tracking update when gets to Ireland or just up until leaves China?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,308 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

irishchris wrote: »
    Still waiting here for good few orders made 25 March. Most shipped from 29 March on tracking but no sign since of them. Anyone get stuff delivered recently from China? Does the tracking update when gets to Ireland or just up until leaves China?

received some today but they were ordered early march/february.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ordered from gearbest in February and still waiting for it.

Delivery saying it arrived in Hungary Airport on 28th February and no update since then. At this stage might be looking for a refund as they keep coming back with same response.

Breaking news it seems.

I was in touch with An Post by email about a missing package from China (since delivered) and I also asked if they could comment on rumours that they were slow or were stopping deliveries from China and this is part of the reply I received this afternoon...........
    to answer the follow up question, at this current time the service has been suspended to and from china until further notice.

Couple of lads I know in An Post here in Limerick said the staff are afraid to go near the stuff from China. I wonder would Parcel Motel be a solution? Not sure whether the same applies to Royal Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I've had a couple of phone accessories arrive in the last 2 weeks, took the usual month to arrive, maybe a bit longer. 2 other things I ordered in early Feb have not arrived but I got a dispatched notification for one of them this week, so that might indicate some are back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Im after getting a delivery date of August for a computer accessory i ordered off ebay

I got this email from Gearbest about order I placed in February. No offer of refund but I am in no rush for it. Still showing as stuck in Hungary. Like to know who the carrier company is

"Currently, your package is delayed because we are not working 100% due to the current situation of COVID-19 and we have few personnel to handle deliveries."

We kindly ask that you continue patiently to receive your package. We hope it will be received in the next 15 to 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LiliOt

My package delievered by Royal Mail, and I check my parcel on parceltrack

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LiliOt

I got this email from Gearbest about order I placed in February. No offer of refund but I am in no rush for it. Still showing as stuck in Hungary. Like to know who the carrier company is

"Currently, your package is delayed because we are not working 100% due to the current situation of COVID-19 and we have few personnel to handle deliveries."

We kindly ask that you continue patiently to receive your package. We hope it will be received in the next 15 to 30 days.

So many companies stopped international deliveries, hope we can have it after 15 days.

• Advertisement

LiliOt wrote: »
    So many companies stopped international deliveries, hope we can have it after 15 days.

The delivery agents are

Hungary - Magyar Posta.
    Germany - DHL Australia.
    Ireland - AnPost.

According to Magyar Posta website they are not delivering internationally that's where my package is.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

AnPost van driver making delivery attempts from his bed this morning. Think Ill stick up a camera on the porch.

AnPost van driver making delivery attempts from his bed this morning. Think Ill stick up a camera on the porch.

Have had that a few times lately here too with non existent attempted delivered and I have a camera to prove it :-)
    After these parcels from China that they are saying are attempted deliveries?
    Heard from someone in an post that they are not delivering items from many of the affected countries. Is this true does anyone know?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

On a Sunday?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I was in the process of buying stuff from China when I was informed the EMS are not operating in China at the moment and any stuff will have to be China Post or Courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

18th November I had signed off on a container from China. Still no sign. Was told eventually it's probably lost. Got confirmation of a new container back in early January, still no sign.

This is beyond a joke now how long it is taking an post to deliver parcels from China

They're overwhelmed at the moment. Everyone's at home ordering stuff. They've massive amounts of Amazon stuff to deliver. Heck I ordered something from Amazon and bizarrely it was sent with DPD. Got a message yesterday saying it was on hold due to the backlog they have.

Therefore the cheap Chinese stuff that potentially (in their eyes) could have a virus is relegated to low priority. I have heard that they're gonna start getting stuck into it again soon though.

irishchris wrote: »
    This is beyond a joke now how long it is taking an post to deliver parcels from China
    I mentioned a few posts back that An Post customer service rep had advised me that deliveries to and from china had been suspended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

Not CN but I ordered a good-sized box from Banggood that shhipped from its CZ European warehouse. Delivered 2 1/2 weeks after ordering and all is well.
    TBH at the moment I would only order stuff that will be delivered from one of their European warehouses

Advertisement