Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Stuff has been flying in with Epacket here recently, but I got hit with the dreaded VAT twice lately. Strange thing I noticed was that the tracking never showed with AP for either package, I got the letter in the post first requesting payment, and even then nothing was showing, It wasn't untill it was released from customs that it tracked on AP's side.

In saying that, I've a package sent by Chinapost EMS that departed China on the 18/11 and still no sign of it. But has Epackets sent on the 1/12 arrive today. EMS would usually be the quick one but it must be stuck in the back of a container

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Ordered 2 items from Aliexpress on 11/11 - one arrived yesterday shipped with Singapore Post, and still waiting on one from China Post. One delivered yesterday has no updated tracking since 08/12 & other one has no update since 14/11

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭septictank

Ordered a load of bits on the 11.11, mainly cheap DIY stuff and costume jewelry. These have mainly not arrived yet.
    But I also ordered electronic stuff, ear phones/pods, power packs, mobile battery and other iphone bits. all these have arrived over a week ago, 1/2 each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ED E wrote: »
    Bought a phone on Singles Day. Curious to see how much congestion that hits. Didnt even end up saving anything vs ordering a week earlier :rolleyes:

11.11 order lodged itself in DMC Customs on 5.12.2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭septictank

ED E wrote: »
    11.11 order lodged itself in DMC Customs on 5.12.2019.

I just checked the packaging for the earphones. I ordered 4 sets of Tiso i6 which are €21.81 each now.
    On the packaging it just says earphones $5.0, came through Singapore.

I have ordered well over 100 items from Ali and some have been opened by customs but never stopped or charged anything.

I've bought Power drills and laptop batteries etc, nothing over €100 individually.

• Advertisement

An post seemed to have stopped delivering stuff from China for Christmas.

Have a good few items en route but nothing in the last week has been delivered.

probably focussing on amazon etc now and won't hit the backlog until after Christmas

epacket definitely worth paying extra for as it's pretty reliable. you normally get items in under 3 weeks.

except of course when you pick that option and the seller sends it by a cheaper postage method instead on the sly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,568 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

glasso wrote: »
    An post seemed to have stopped delivering stuff from China for Christmas.

[...]
    Got 3 items last week. :)
    epacket definitely worth paying extra for as it's pretty reliable. you normally get items in under 3 weeks.
    Very true.
    except of course when you pick that option and the seller sends it by a cheaper postage method instead on the sly.
    Another exception recently happened to me - for some mysterous reason one epacket item was bouncing back and forth between few locations in Beijing due to "secuity issues" (what tracking said). Got it eventually, 2 months after despatch. A pair of shoes, casual, nothing fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭Doge

I've had 2 items returned to the sender from Beijing for "security reasons".
    One was a kalimba so I can't see how that would be a security issue!
    I bet they're sending stuff back as they're swamped.
    It's probably worse than this, this year....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

I ordered a € 25 item Nov 25th
    from far-away land. Tracking says it arrived in Dublin November 29th. I guess it is stuck with An Post somewhere, forgotten.
    I hope an post parcel deliveries sorting office does not look like that video above from China 😱

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭bassy

how long for a parcel from hong kong to Ireland via DHL,shipping was 30 dollars.sent out on 21st December.any idea when I might have it ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

bassy wrote: »
    how long for a parcel from hong kong to Ireland via DHL,shipping was 30 dollars.sent out on 21st December.any idea when I might have it ?.
    Probably 5 or 6 working days. But they will probably screw you for VAT, delivery charges, import charges etc.

deandean wrote: »
    Probably 5 or 6 working days. But they will probably screw you for VAT, delivery charges, import charges etc.

its only a shirt which was 55 dollars and the DHL shipping was 30 dollars.how would I be charged for customs,vat etc ??.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭corkie

its only a shirt which was 55 dollars and the DHL shipping was 30 dollars.how would I be charged for customs,vat etc ??.

55+30=85 * 23% ~~ $19.55 (/€17.62) + Possible Customs Handling Fee DHL

https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/buying-of-goods-online-for-personal-use/buying-goods-from-outside-the-eu.aspx

deandean wrote: »
    I ordered a € 25 item Nov 25th
    from far-away land. Tracking says it arrived in Dublin November 29th. I guess it is stuck with An Post somewhere, forgotten.
    I hope an post parcel deliveries sorting office does not look like that video above from China 😱

An post take a passive aggressive approach. You could get it delivered quickly after the date when it arrived in Ireland or it could be one of those containers off a plane left in a warehouse corner for a month or two.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Check out the sticky on the first page: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862554

2 items ordered on Dec 3rd & 7th arrived today.

3rd ~~ Singapore Post
    7th ~~ AliExpress Standard Shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

2 cases for my kindles ordered 10 Dec.
    Still waiting, although for total cost of $9 I can't really be impatient.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Abiya041

So I ordered the mi band 4 from aliexpress and tracking shows it has arrived in destination country yesterday. When I tried putting the tracking number into anpost it does not recognise it.
    Are we not able to track aliexpress packages on anpost or is this just a problem I'm facing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Abiya041 wrote: »
    So I ordered the mi band 4 from aliexpress and tracking shows it has arrived in destination country yesterday. When I tried putting the tracking number into anpost it does not recognise it.
    Are we not able to track aliexpress packages on anpost or is this just a problem I'm facing.

MOD: Merged with megathread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Glebee

Fann Linn wrote: »
    2 cases for my kindles ordered 10 Dec.
    Still waiting, although for total cost of $9 I can't really be impatient.

Same as me. Ordered a kindle case mid December, arrived in Dublin 24th Dec, still waiting for delivery.

corkie wrote: »

never got charged customs or vat etc as the seller had it invoiced for 5 dollars ;)

corkie wrote: »
    2 items ordered on Dec 3rd & 7th arrived today.

3rd ~~ Singapore Post
    7th ~~ AliExpress Standard Shipping

7th ~~ Anpost ~~ RB878152133SG

Abiya041 wrote: »

It will depend on the type of tracking number, you where given if you can track it on AnPost. Some Chinese delivery service have only got tracking in China and not outside.
    RB*********SG <<< Numbers like that will appear on anpost, but usually only on the day it is out for delivery.

Things reported having arrived in country can take 7 to 14 days to be delivered by AnPost, that is if the tracking is accurate.

Use https://www.17track.net/en or http://parcelsapp.com/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

dont go near Banggood

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Abiya041

Quoted: Corkie

"It will depend on the type of tracking number, you where given if you can track it on AnPost. Some Chinese delivery service have only got tracking in China and not outside.
    RB*********SG <<< Numbers like that will appear on anpost, but usually only on the day it is out for delivery.

Things reported having arrived in country can take 7 to 14 days to be delivered by AnPost, that is if the tracking is accurate."

Had problem with it saying arrived in destination country twice.
    I ordered on 13 dec and got email saying arrived in ireland on 24th dec. Tracking info now says arrived only 3rd jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

US to IE, arrived Thurs 2 Jan 2020. 22 Days
    Departed
    DUBLIN, IRELAND
    Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on December 24, 2019 at 8:40 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
    December 21, 2019, 10:30 pm
    Departed
    NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
    December 21, 2019, 10:10 am
    Departed
    CHICAGO, UNITED STATES
    December 20, 2019, 8:15 pm
    Arrived
    CHICAGO, UNITED STATES
    December 20, 2019, 7:04 am
    Processed Through Regional Facility
    CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    December 20, 2019, 7:04 am
    Arrived at Regional Facility
    CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    December 19, 2019, 4:39 pm
    Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
    CHICAGO, IL 60688
    December 19, 2019, 12:12 am
    Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
    ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007
    Shipping Partner: GLOBEGISTICS INC_ORD_PARCEL MODULE
    December 18, 2019, 2:36 pm
    Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
    Shipping Partner: ASENDIA USA
    December 11, 2019, 4:00 pm
    Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
    Shipping Partner: GLOBEGISTICS INC_ORD_PARCEL MODULE
    December 11, 2019, 2:35 pm
    Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

S10 coding? UM000000000US Not scanned by AP.

Yanwen item from CN via Istanbul.
    16/11/2019 to 6/1/2020 - 51 days.

Two outstanding (that I remember):
    2019-12-24 23:55
    Guangzhou, Airlines

2019-12-22 23:18
    Guangzhou, delivered to air transport

2019-12-22 23:17

2019-12-22 22:05
    Guangzhou, arriving at Guangzhou International

2019-12-22 22:02
    Guangzhou, leaving Guangzhou International, next stop , Guangzhou International

2019-12-22 10:53
    Guangzhou, Guangzhou International has been exported directly sealed

2019-12-22 01:45
    Guangzhou, leaving the International Shijing Business Department, the next stop " Guangzhou International"

2019-12-21 17:49
    Guangzhou City, "International Shijing Business Department" has received, the pitcher: LuolianGuo Shijing

2019-12-18 20:59
    Logistics orders created (quick-selling platform)
    2019-12-22 23:55
    Guangzhou, Airlines

2019-12-21 00:27

2019-12-21 00:27

2019-12-20 21:15
    Guangzhou, arriving at Guangzhou International (via transfer)

2019-12-20 18:37
    Dongguan City, leaving Dongguan International, the next stop , Guangzhou International

2019-12-20 11:26
    Dongguan City, Dongguan International has been exported directly sealed

2019-12-19 20:44
    Dongguan City, leaving the "package express bulk business department back-office support class", the next stop "Dongguan International"

2019-12-19 19:46
    Dongguan City, "Parcel Express bulk business department back-office support class" has received, agent: dg7

2019-12-18 14:10
    Logistics orders created (quick-selling platform)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

dont go near Banggood
    Why???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

august12 wrote: »
    Why???

Ive bought plenty from them and had no issues. Id gladly buy from them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

GBX wrote: »
    Ive bought plenty from them and had no issues. Id gladly buy from them again.
    Me too, but there is enough feedback out there to believe their service has gone to dogs recently.

Advertisement