Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Dublinandy3

muffler wrote: »
    Ordered an item on Ebay on March 30 and it was delivered this morning. A guy in An Post told me by email several weeks ago that "post to and from China is suspended". Based on comments here that appears to be nonsense. I was also talking to the local postman this morning and he said that packets in particular were coming in ton loads

I think he is almost right, it's not from China, it's from Hong Kong and only air mail, land mail is still being delivered. Ironically, the slowest form.

A lot of Aliexpress stuff you'll see on the tracking it leaves china and gtes stuck in HK.

(It won't lt me post a link as I'm new but if you go to hongkongpost dot hk then follow the obvious links you'll find it)

For those that don't want to click it says for ireland:

Ireland All surface mail postal services All airmail postal services (including Speedpost service)

with all surface mail postal servicse still going ahead, and the other column all airmal services not being shipped atm.

Hope this helps. all decent sellers will extend the buyer cover on aliexpress with most doing it automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,915 ✭✭✭✭muffler

glasso wrote: »
    was the postage method described?
    How described? My packet delivery or the guy in An Post...sorry Im a bit slow on Mondays:P

How described? My packet delivery or the guy in An Post...sorry Im a bit slow on Mondays:P

postage method / service

e.g. china post registered air mail
    e-packet

postage method / service

e.g. china post registered air mail
    e-packet
    The packet I got this morning was standard China Post. It wasnt registered

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

The larger packages I have coming from Aliexpress just disappear after they arrive in the country now. I no longer get the notification that it has arrived at your local post office. I've gotten 3 refunds in about a week. I wonder how long I can keep that up.

• Advertisement

up4dabah wrote: »
    The larger packages I have coming from Aliexpress just disappear after they arrive in the country now. I no longer get the notification that it has arrived at your local post office. I've gotten 3 refunds in about a week. I wonder how long I can keep that up.

there must be massive piles of stuff in some An Post warehouses / sorting centres.

definitely has gotten noticeably worse since early March

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭dohouch

Fasttech ordered 24 April
    Transferred to Singapore Post 02 May (package photo on FT site )= 17 days >>>Still not on Sing Post tracking system--mmmh...mmmmh

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

there must be massive piles of stuff in some An Post warehouses / sorting centres.

definitely has gotten noticeably worse since early March

With this huge backlog I think a lot of stuff will just get lost in the sytem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ordered a Switch controller from Alo-express on 6th of April it arrived this week on Tuesday 19th of May. Shipment method Ali-Express Standard Shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

I ordered from Dealextreme, dispatched April 12th, arrived May 19th standard post.
    So stuff is getting through allright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Glad i came across this thread. I am about to buy something from aliexpress but im guessing be waiting around 3 months by the looks of things on here? Buyer has it on his page 17-25 days which is a joke.
    I could wait 5 or 6 weeks but not waiting 3 months as its for the kids bedroom which im hoping to have completed well by then

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Has anyone bought anything off wish or AliExpress recently that has been any good.The stuff looks unreal and gets great reviews but I can only imagine for the price it must be crap

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LiliOt

catrat12 wrote: »
    Has anyone bought anything off wish or AliExpress recently that has been any good.The stuff looks unreal and gets great reviews but I can only imagine for the price it must be crap

Not really, I buy on Aliexpress sometimes, and you need carefully check the seller's rating and reviews of other people. In this case, you can buy a really good quality things. I read that the AliExpress began to monitor the quality of products, so hope there will be some changes. Also, do not chase cheapness, I think it is so clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Received a delivery from Aliexpress today. It was ordered end of Feb/beginning of March. But I had opened a dispute last week and had the money refunded. It was only a cheapo phone case. And with the current situation, I ordered two more from different sites. So if anyone wants a case for a Samsung A70 in a few months let me know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭irishchris

The first of my orders from China finally arrived! Ordered in 27 march and exactly two months arrived today on 27 may. Strangely opened dispute yesterday with as AliExpress and last night the order appeared in Ireland with first tracking in nearly two months.

Got something yesterday and today. Speechless.

I have a couple of different items ordered. According to the tracking info one of them arrived here in Ireland on 14th May. Havent received delivery so I just banged off a query to An Post to see what they have to say.

I was in touch with An Post about another delayed order a few weeks ago and the guy I was emailing told me that mail to and from China had been suspended which is rubbish according to other posts here. I did receive the item while I was still waiting on yer man to get back to me at the time. But the local postman told me a few days ago that he's delivering lots of parcels/packets etc every day so the hold up appears to be at some sorting office or other after the items arrive in this country.

I have a couple of different items ordered. According to the tracking info one of them arrived here in Ireland on 14th May. Havent received delivery so I just banged off a query to An Post to see what they have to say.

I was in touch with An Post about another delayed order a few weeks ago and the guy I was emailing told me that mail to and from China had been suspended which is rubbish according to other posts here. I did receive the item while I was still waiting on yer man to get back to me at the time. But the local postman told me a few days ago that he's delivering lots of parcels/packets etc every day so the hold up appears to be at some sorting office or other after the items arrive in this country.

Maybe they're putting themselves into voluntary quarantine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Got something yesterday and today. Speechless.

Speechless that it came or a terrible or brilliant order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

I got something from joom today. Order date was March 3rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

iPad cover that I originally ordered on 4th of Feb due to Covid didn't ship until 10th March finally arrived today 27th of May

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭irishchris

Looks like they may be finally starting to get through the back haul of Chinese orders here then. Hoping to see the next few orders arrive over next week which were ordered few days after today's delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭SPDUB

.... and the guy I was emailing told me that mail to and from China had been suspended which is rubbish according to other posts here.

Nicked from another thread but there is no outgoing mail to China
    silver2020 wrote: »
    Here's an update our mailroom got from An Post yesterday.

This is an updated version from what they got early May.

This is for outgoing mail.
    513908.jpg

Another. 9th March order landed today from Joom.com to dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 40,307 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i had a couple that landed today as well

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

I didn't order anything from china until end of April on the assumption it would take 6 month.

I have 11 in transit, two delivered in under 4 weeks.

Gearbest 7th May delivered 28th May
    Aliexpress 28th April delivered 25th May

Ebay order made 24th March delivered today. So some of the stuff seems to be getting through.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

What does the tracking look like for stuff that has arrived? I had one update in April to say that it was ‘Delivered to air transportation’...then nothing since. Will it be updated in advance of it arriving to the door by An Post?

jony_dols wrote: »
    What does the tracking look like for stuff that has arrived? I had one update in April to say that it was ‘Delivered to air transportation’...then nothing since. Will it be updated in advance of it arriving to the door by An Post?

From my last delivery...

Tracking details
    MALAYSIA POST tracking #SY1369xxxxx
    Mar 25, 2020
    9:00am
    Tracking number provided

So no real use at all.

• Advertisement

jony_dols wrote: »
    Complete and utter crap!

Awaiting shipment.
    Arrived a last mile shipping centre.
    Delivered to X country.

Then nothing........
    No relevance whatsoever to useful information.

Advertisement