Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭SPDUB

muffler wrote: »
    I mentioned a few posts back that An Post customer service rep had advised me that deliveries to and from china had been suspended.

As of 22 April there were only 10 countries you can post to since they won't accept incoming mail

France Germany Italy Belgium Netherlands Portugal Spain Switzerland UK USA ( no parcels to USA )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I mentioned a few posts back that An Post customer service rep had advised me that deliveries to and from china had been suspended.

So, any idea of what happens to all the orders that have been made? I have quite a few in different stages of the delivery process. Do all the parcels get dumped or returned to base or what?

Strangely, I've gotten a few delivered that were ordered only recently but others seem to be in limbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

whiterebel wrote: »
    On a Sunday?:confused:

Yup. Amazon's weekend stuff apparently extends to Sundays now.

Ordered 12th March
    Dispatched 27th March (COVID)

2020-04-13 08:42
    Reached the place of arrival
    2020-04-09 17:02
    2020-04-08 09:38
    2020-04-03 18:58
    Leaving Chongqing Unity Village Center Station, China
    2020-03-29 20:46
    Shenzhen, delivered to air transport
    2020-03-29 20:40
    Shenzhen, arriving at Shenzhen International Exchange Station
    2020-03-29 07:35
    Shenzhen, leaving the Shenzhen Interchange Bureau, the next stop , Shenzhen International Exchange Station
    2020-03-28 08:36
    Shenzhen, Shenzhen Exchange Bureau has been exported directly sealed
    2020-03-28 05:47
    Shenzhen, leaving the Shenzhen International Bulk Processing Center, the next stop , Shenzhen International
    2020-03-27 23:48
    Shenzhen, "Shenzhen International Bulk Processing Center" has received, agent: receiving and sending 3

(Auto translated)

Item is holding up a project so would love for it to finally get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,303 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i received something from china this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭irishchris

I received a parcel from China this morning too but only the one that I ordered from gearbest. The packages from AliExpress are stuck in limbo somewhere. Strangely the package from gearbest has a dispatched from UK address but in the tracking it didn't show it as having been in UK. I wonder if they ship container there and then dispatch from UK?

i received something from china this morning

Was this from gearbest or other Chinese store? Did you notice if it had a dispatched from UK label on it beside your address label?

irishchris wrote: »
    Was this from gearbest or other Chinese store? Did you notice if it had a dispatched from UK label on it beside your address label?

Aliexpress. From china

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭IQO

Aliexpress shipment still on the way, shipped out on March 24th in China, last scan occurred on March 31st.. wondering if it's stuck in China or just held up in a depot in Ireland.

IQO wrote: »
    Aliexpress shipment still on the way, shipped out on March 24th in China, last scan occurred on March 31st.. wondering if it's stuck in China or just held up in a depot in Ireland.

i wouldnt be expecting that for a few weeks at the rate things are going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I have an AliExpress delivery marked as arrived in Ireland on the 22/4 but still no sign of it. Order was placed 14/3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Glebee

Order placed with Gearbest 16th April, no sign of it shipping.:(

Seven orders from China all left end march/start April and no sign of any of them arriving, last scan was supposedly leaving China.
    The only order that made it here was a gearbest one and noticed it had a dispatched from UK sticker on it even though tracking clearly showed it left China and traveled here and not from UK

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

gman2k wrote: »
    I have an AliExpress delivery marked as arrived in Ireland on the 22/4 but still no sign of it. Order was placed 14/3.

I have one Out for Delivery since 27/3.

I did get other one on the 4/4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I made an order on a deal website that said shipped from the UK. It took two weeks to arrive and then it had an address from Asia. What's up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭granturismo

I ordered a watch from Banggood's on 14th April, from their China warehouse with EU priority delivery. The estimated delivery date from Banggood was 20th May.

Shipping info was never updated on their website as it normally has been in my experience but it arrived today delivered by An Post via the Netherlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

lots of my AliExpress gear had months added onto the already generous deadlines. How long can they keep extending it ?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm.waiting since January 13th for 2 items. Another item arrived into Ireland last week, but still hasn't turned up anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ordered from Gearbest in Feb and dispatched to Hungary on the 28th Feb

Still showing as sitting there and no updates

Asked for a refund so waiting for that to come through

ED E wrote: »
    Ordered 12th March
    Dispatched 27th March (COVID)

2020-04-13 08:42
    2020-04-09 17:02
    2020-04-08 09:38
    2020-04-03 18:58
    Leaving Chongqing Unity Village Center Station, China
    2020-03-29 20:40
    Shenzhen, arriving at Shenzhen International Exchange Station
    2020-03-29 07:35
    Shenzhen, leaving the Shenzhen Interchange Bureau, the next stop , Shenzhen International Exchange Station
    2020-03-28 08:36
    Shenzhen, Shenzhen Exchange Bureau has been exported directly sealed
    2020-03-28 05:47
    Shenzhen, leaving the Shenzhen International Bulk Processing Center, the next stop , Shenzhen International
    2020-03-27 23:48
    Shenzhen, "Shenzhen International Bulk Processing Center" has received, agent: receiving and sending 3

(Auto translated)

Item is holding up a project so would love for it to finally get through.

Arrived yesterday, 11/5/2020. Basically bang on 2mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

lots of my AliExpress gear had months added onto the already generous deadlines. How long can they keep extending it ?

Yeah, just had a notification that one of my orders is now being pushed out to July. Was ordered on the 10th March.
    That's me finished with ordering anything again from China until the world comes back to normal. (2021 at the earliest).
    I recently asked a seller for a quote on bike wheels and they said they could now only deliver via DHL at a cost of €180....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Waiting for lots . 2 packages bought in February not arrived yet . Ali said they are in local PO.
    Can't locate them . Orders are down as completed on Ali. Very small value though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

I've had to request refunds for one or two things, a couple more from Jan are on extended purchase protection. The tracking all suggests its left China (as far as that can be trusted!) Nothing too big, but some stuff at the €20 mark.

what will you do if your package arrives and you've got your refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Asked for refund and suddenly movement on the tracking dated 7th May

Parcel in clearance
    Customs clearance processing complete

Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

mmmm I have 6 orders on the way from Ali since Feb/March and one "Arrived in destination country; awaiting customs clearance" since 26/04. Ali finished the order and the seller said "the parcel has been arrived on your country , please contact post office to get your parcel asap".

No An Post tracking number anywhere and I doubt they'd know what to do with the Chinese tracking number.

SachaJ wrote: »
    mmmm I have 6 orders on the way from Ali since Feb/March and one "Arrived in destination country; awaiting customs clearance" since 26/04. Ali finished the order and the seller said "the parcel has been arrived on your country , please contact post office to get your parcel asap".

No An Post tracking number anywhere and I doubt they'd know what to do with the Chinese tracking number.

you should have asked them to extend purchase protection. Even if ali finished the order you can still open a dispute and say you didnt receive it.

SachaJ wrote: »

You've another 10-14 days until AP process it I'd guess.

for aliexpress items I'd say that it's a combination of slowdown of shipping from China (little / no passenger plane freight available in general and not just from China) and An Post having high volumes so slowing it down even more their usual 1 month post-arrival in Ireland target.

would not order anything from there right now (or most Chinese websites) unless you don't need it for 3/4 months and/or are willing to pay for minimum e-packet / priority line postage option (and even then expect 2 months at a guess)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,914 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ordered an item on Ebay on March 30 and it was delivered this morning. A guy in An Post told me by email several weeks ago that "post to and from China is suspended". Based on comments here that appears to be nonsense. I was also talking to the local postman this morning and he said that packets in particular were coming in ton loads

• Advertisement

Ordered an item on Ebay on March 30 and it was delivered this morning. A guy in An Post told me by email several weeks ago that "post to and from China is suspended". Based on comments here that appears to be nonsense. I was also talking to the local postman this morning and he said that packets in particular were coming in ton loads

was the postage method described?

Advertisement