Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Unbelievable delivery time for an order from Wish - 10 days! Probably have to wait for months for the rest of my stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Record for me ordered 21st Nov delivery 6th Dec,still waiting for stuff ordered 2 weeks before this and one from 8th Oct,they have now sent another so they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,284 ✭✭✭corkie

Pre Xmas backlog is starting to be delivered.

China Post Registered Air Mail >> http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/RP850068529CN

Ordered Dec. 07 2019

23 Dec 2019 Airline departure

Reported Airline arrive at destination country 7th Jan, and delivered the following day!? (Today).

Normally it take at least a week, from arrival to actual delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ordered on 3 Dec 2019.
    Delivered yesterday, 7 Jan 2020.

Not too bad. Was a stocking filler xmas gift. Bit delayed. Not the end of the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I bought an item over a week ago, after doing my conversions the Euro price came to 22.76 Euros which includes post and packaging, will I still incur a VAT charge, was looking at the Revenue site and it states that if ' If the VAT payable is €6 or less it will not be collected.' I presume I might evade collection hopefully.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Abiya041

I got my item, Singapore Post. Ordered 13th dec arrived in destination on the 3rd of Jan and finally received my item. Exactly 26 days from order. The estimate was 17-25 days. Not too bad

Abiya041 wrote: »
    So I ordered the mi band 4 from aliexpress and tracking shows it has arrived in destination country yesterday. When I tried putting the tracking number into anpost it does not recognise it.
    Are we not able to track aliexpress packages on anpost or is this just a problem I'm facing.

just 'cos it's in Ireland doesn't mean An Post necessarily plan to deal with it any time soon.

I have items from Ali supposedly in Ireland from Dec 2 and as yet undelivered.

As a contrast I ordered a cheap item from Ali on Dec 26 to the UK and it was delivered today (less than 2 weeks from order to delivery so that's including processing time of the order) in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

My item arrived this morning so that's good going, only taking eleven days. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Glebee

Still no sign of my kindle cover, landing in Dublin 24th Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Ordered Nov 5th
    Delivered Jan 9th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

Ordered from Wish January 1st.
    Delivered January 9th :):)
    I was offered quicker delivery for an extra €8 which I clicked on.
    Dispatched from Estonia and delivered by An Post.
    Well worth paying the extra few quid for better delivery - when it's offered.
    However I am still waiting for an items ordered November 25th with normal delivery.

Another pre-xmas order delivered today!

Ordered on the Dec 6th but due to been a new item, not processed till 20th.

China Post Registered Air Mail >> http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/RV285026085CN
    27 Dec 2019 15:55 Airline departure

Still waiting on Dec. 13 order.

deandean wrote: »
    Ordered from Wish January 1st.
    Delivered January 9th :):)
    I was offered quicker delivery for an extra €8 which I clicked on.
    Dispatched from Estonia and delivered by An Post.
    Well worth paying the extra few quid for better delivery - when it's offered.
    However I am still waiting for an items ordered November 25th with normal delivery.

you should take a look at Aliexpress if you don't use it already.

Vs Wish generally much more accurate and longer description of the item, more reviews.

better choice of postage options generally also

many items on wish are misleading as to their quality imo

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Order from 16th December.

Actually shipped 25th December!
    Arrived 13th Jan

18 days. Tracked in ireland with a secondary barcode but only scanned at the DU 3AM this morning not in DMC on arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

sometimes get a few items from China , most times it's 8 weeks or more. very bad to say it's 2020 how can it take so long?

CNY!! ~~~ Chinese New Year ~~~ Expect things to stop for three or so weeks.

If your parcel not on a flight/shipped by now, then add a approx 3 weeks to ETA on deliveries.

The secret to smarter package tracking on Android
    Want insanely simple, accurate, and automated package tracking on Android? This crafty hack is for you.

corkie wrote: »

The secret to smarter package tracking on Android
    Want insanely simple, accurate, and automated package tracking on Android? This crafty hack is for you.

This is interesting - just upgraded to the pro version of this:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.orrs.deliveries

It replaced Aftership for me and is OK, not amazing. No Royal Mail support is pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Ordered a few things from wish and some came before their deadline date and 1 item not arrived after 2 months and got a refund and it came 4 days later and tracking had it in china.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

Yeaa delivery from Wish arrived today. Dispatched November 26th.

http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/RP858773969CN <<< China Post Registered Air Mail

Dec 13 order finally arrived.

Have 2 other orders (Dec 21st) with delayed processing (7th & 10th Jan, one reported in country), that have flown so won't be affected by 'CNY' shutdown.
    And 3rd item marked on 16th 'Planned transportation by airline'.

• Advertisement

Item flown out on 22nd December.
    Arrived 14th Jan.
    An Post missed me then, but only dropped the slip in the next day (15th).

Could be worse.

corkie wrote: »

Have 2 other orders (Dec 21st) with delayed processing (7th & 10th Jan, one reported in country), that have flown so won't be affected by 'CNY' shutdown.
    And 3rd item marked on 16th 'Planned transportation by airline'.

One of them arrived on Thursday 23rd Jan.
    http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/RF783437127SG <<< Singapore Post

The other today 27th Jan.
    http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/RF785424877SG <<< Singapore Post

Thinking the 3rd item didn't make it out before 'CNY' Shutdown.
    Edit: - Arrived today 28th: - http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/UT967255355CN
    Don't know shipping not from aliexpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

A newbie question from somebody who placed their first order on Ali Express a few weeks ago (January 3).

A mail received on January 8 said item was shipped by the seller on January 7. It also says purchase protection of the order will end on January 28. That’s tomorrow.

Item not received yet. The tracking just says ‘departed country of origin’ and estimated delivery date Jan 27 to Feb 7. So not exactly worried yet since we’re still just on Jan 27, but wondering what to do about the purchase protection?

Open dispute due to item not received would seem premature. The email also says I can click ‘request to extend purchase protection’, but I can’t find where to do this. It also suggests I could contact seller directly. Anybody able to give advice? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Anyone not planning to order from China for the time being?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Anyone not planning to order from China for the time being?
    no point. they wont get shipped until after chinese new year

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

A newbie question from somebody who placed their first order on Ali Express a few weeks ago (January 3).

A mail received on January 8 said item was shipped by the seller on January 7. It also says purchase protection of the order will end on January 28. That’s tomorrow.

Item not received yet. The tracking just says ‘departed country of origin’ and estimated delivery date Jan 27 to Feb 7. So not exactly worried yet since we’re still just on Jan 27, but wondering what to do about the purchase protection?

Open dispute due to item not received would seem premature. The email also says I can click ‘request to extend purchase protection’, but I can’t find where to do this. It also suggests I could contact seller directly. Anybody able to give advice? Thanks.

You should send the seller a message requesting PP extension and if they don't extend it by tomorrow morning, open a dispute. Make sure the PP does not expire as that successfully closes the transaction as far as ali are concerned. But given that the seller probably is off for holidays, you could as well open the dispute already now.
    One typically requests extending PP a few days ahead of the expiry, to secure enough time.

Okay, thanks.

The whole Chinese New Year thing hadn’t occurred to me. As I said, am new to this. Will send the seller a message anyway but won’t expect a response and will then open a dispute tomorrow before the PP actually runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That purchase protection period seems a lot shorter than any i've seen on AX. Like the other poster said send them a message on AX asking them to extend PP. If they dont open a dispute.

The email also says I can click ‘request to extend purchase protection’, but I can’t find where to do this.

Click on Order 'View Detail' and there is a link to extend in that.

A popup should appear.
    Submitting a Purchase Protection Extension Request

Please note: you are asking the seller for an extension of your Purchase Protection. The seller still needs to confirm if he agrees or disagrees. If the seller accepts your request, the On-Time Delivery date will also automatically be extended.

Request to extend Purchase Protection by days

But with China Shutting down for 'CNY' your request may not be processed.

• Advertisement

That purchase protection period seems a lot shorter than any i've seen on AX.

Thanks to all again for the advice. Sent them a message yesterday to ask for an extension, no reply (didn't expect one in the circumstances), and opened a dispute this morning. Will see how it goes.

Am just curious about the point above here. I placed the order on January 3rd and as stated earlier, email arrived January 8th to say item shipped and PP would expire January 28th. That's three weeks. Is that really shorter than most, and if so, how long would be normal?

Sorry if too many newbie questions! Again, all help & advice much appreciated.

Advertisement