Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aliexpress Bargains CHAT thread [See MOD note #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

There is a new model of the RD tester - UM25c - with Type-C support and fast charging standards.
    Measuring ranges: from 4 to 24 V / 5A, accuracy - up to one thousand units. The device has a color display 1.44", optional BT module.
    The App for Android and Windows has been reworked - you need to download a new version.
    Both are on Sale at the moment - Promotion due to the new version being released.

RD UM25c $13.29 (€10.80) without BT, $17.24 (€14) with BT
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/RD-UM25C-UM25-USB-2-0-Type-C-Color-LCD-Tester-voltage-current-meter-Voltmeter-ammeter/923042_32855845265.html
    RD UM24c $13.50 (€11) without BT, $17.50 (€14.25) with BT
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/RD-UM24C-USB-2-0-Color-LCD-Display-Tester-voltage-current-meter-Voltmeter-amperimetro-battery-charge/923042_32845522857.html

If you add the store to favourites in the app, there is another discount, but i am not sure by how much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So I asked my postman during the week where are all my January/February AE packages, to which he replied they're in huge cages and noone wants to sort through them and they're just growing....my tracked packages are still getting through but standard shipping not

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

slave1 wrote: »
    So I asked my postman during the week where are all my January/February AE packages, to which he replied they're in huge cages and noone wants to sort through them and they're just growing....my tracked packages are still getting through but standard shipping not

Lol no one wants to sort through them?
    So people at the sorting office don't want to their job?

That said I'm waiting on a pile of stuff from Ali thought it was the Chinese New Year

slave1 wrote: »
    Asus X540L wrote: »
    Lol no one wants to sort through them?
    So people at the sorting office don't want to their job?

That said I'm waiting on a pile of stuff from Ali thought it was the Chinese New Year

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057689533

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone buy phone batteries from AliExpress? Any recommended brands? Need one for an iPhone, also plan to ship it in via ParcelMotel as deliveries are always quicker, but wondering because it’s a battery will it ship via sea and take two months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Anyone bought board games from Ali? Look decent quality. Might chance a cheapo one to try it out.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭corkie

Anyone buy phone batteries from AliExpress? Any recommended brands? Need one for an iPhone, also plan to ship it in via ParcelMotel as deliveries are always quicker, but wondering because it’s a battery will it ship via sea and take two months?

Got a Nohon battery recently for my Redmi Note 3 [Kenzo].

Ordered on the 6th Feb and delivered on 26th, paid about 2 Euro extra, so it wasn't coming by slow free post. Replaced on the day, I got it and it is working grand.

They have iPhone battery, but you maybe better pricing around for original oem battery.

https://nohon.aliexpress.com/store/group/For-iPhone/2190157_507834005.html

Be careful getting batteries through PM, they might not accept them. My came with no warning labels through normal post.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

corkie wrote: »
    Got a Nohon battery recently for my Redmi Note 3 [Kenzo].

Ordered on the 6th Feb and delivered on 26th, paid about 2 Euro extra, so it wasn't coming my slow free post. Replaced on the day, I got it and it is working grand.

They have iPhone battery, but you maybe better pricing around for original oem battery.

https://nohon.aliexpress.com/store/group/For-iPhone/2190157_507834005.html

Be careful getting batteries through PM, they might not accept them. My came with no warning labels through normal post.

Thanks that was the brand I was looking at it gets good reviews. Good to hear it’s working grand

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Surely you can get most of the tat on Aliexpress at Eurogiant or Dealz without having to wait 1-2 months for them to ship from China?

Jlayay wrote: »
    Surely you can get most of the tat on Aliexpress at Eurogiant or Dealz without having to wait 1-2 months for them to ship from China?

You're right. Just picked up a Redmi Note 5 and an SSD drive in Dealz for €1.50 a piece, dunno what people in this thread are thinking. :confused:

• Advertisement

Anyone have a link to a Moto g5 battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

You're right. Just picked up a Redmi Note 5 and an SSD drive in Dealz for €1.50 a piece, dunno what people in this thread are thinking. :confused:

If you look above you see two different posts...

1. Batteries

2. Board games.

Now if you just assume the batteries to be AA or something and board games to be draughts or something then you can easily see what this person means.

Xaomi sale and hundreds of select coupons today I'm so tempted.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    If you look above you see two different posts...

1. Batteries

2. Board games.

Now if you just assume the batteries to be AA or something...

Why would you assume that? The post specifically mentions a phone battery, one of which you cannot get in a bricks and mortar Irish store. No one is discussing getting AA batteries from Ali Express. :pac:

Also, the poster did not mention the type of board game. From a quick look, you can get replica board games that cost €30+ in Ireland for <€10 from Ali Express, thereby making the query a sensible one since you cannot buy such replica board games in Dealz etc.

Ali Express is simply the Chinese version of Ebay, i.e. it sells products from 1 cent to thousands of Euro. Bringing up Dealz/Eurogiant as a reason not to use it just signifies that that person has not used Ali Express before.

That's not the case for you of course, I see you've used Ali Express for many years! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

That's not the case for you of course, I see you've used Ali Express for many years! :)

I've even bought batteries from Ali :p
    Rechargeable AA's and AAA's.

Think the Ali stuff is starting to trickle through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

I had a tracked package identified as "arrived in destination country" three weeks before it landed at my door this week.

Stuff generally bounces around China for two or three weeks before leaving, then goes into limbo for another couple of weeks at least before being tossed into a cage in the sorting office only to sit there until someone decides to have a tidy up, and that's just the stuff I can track.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

Looking for advice please

I have not received 2 items I ordered in mid-January.
    Both items have automatically changed status to confirmed received.

In the past, I found sellers used to extend payment protection when protection time was running out.

Should I open dispute on both items, or wait a little longer to see if receive items?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

If it changed the status your purchase protection is gone and i'm afraid there is nothing you can do now.

jc77 wrote: »

In the past, I found sellers used to extend payment protection when protection time was running out.

Should I open dispute on both items, or wait a little longer to see if receive items?

You could have extended the protection yourself when you saw the items not arriving.

You may still have the option to open a dispute: -
    Disputes can only be opened up to 15 days after you have confirmed receiving your items.

Backlog on Free shipping items from China, Christmas, Chinese holidays and bad weather here . Someone (@Asus X540L) mentioned that stuff is starting to trickle through now.

I'm waiting on Items ordered in January from zapals, plus a earbud (S530) from ali in February.

There is a rumor/joke that these deliveries are siting in container and postmen only sorts through them when it suits them.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

jc77 wrote: »

Open a dispute. They probably just assume that they have been delivered because they haven't heard anything since they got to Ireland. They are usually good with disputes. You can dispute up to 180 days anyway.

Smallish sale starts in 4 days.
    If anyone planning on buying anything, add it to your basket now and add the store to your favourites.
    It should end up with a higher discount than the Sale price. Assuming the store is taking part in the Sale.

BDCat 180w rotary tool should drop down to roughly €10-€11 and is well worth it, if anyone is looking for one.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/BDCAT-180w-engraver-Electric-Dremel-Rotary-Tool-Variable-Speed-Mini-Drill-Grinding-tools-with-180pcs-Power/2138042_32852862962.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

There is a rumor/joke that these deliveries are siting in container and postmen only sorts through them when it suits them.

No joke ... My postie confirmed it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I wonder are they doing the same with my order from banggood?

ImARebel wrote: »
    No joke ... My postie confirmed it

How do you know that is wasn't the postmen, that started the joke/rumor. And all postie are just playing along.

Edit: - I was playing it safe saying it was a Joke/Rumor, there use to be a mod warning on a thread @Suckit links to.

The Warning is now gone so it must have been confirmed somehow as a fact?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

How do you know that is wasn't the postmen, that started the joke/rumor. And all postie are just playing along.

China is classed as a Category 3 Economy so An Post get feck all for delivering all the chinese crap, they probably lose money delivering it so why wouldn't they make it a low priority, not to mention 99% of it is marked gift or has a fake value on it which makes life even more difficuly for An Post in terms of processing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...]

The Warning is now gone so it must have been confirmed somehow as a fact?

Yep, one of posters showed email An Post admitted in they hold them items for quite a long time before further processing. Don't ask me for a link, have not enough time atm to search the whole thread.

Edit:

Here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105488435#post105488435

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

I ordered 5 USB C cables on the 12th of January that were delivered today. Only problem is the seller sent me 5 Micro USB cables instead :)

Duff wrote: »
    I ordered 5 USB C cables on the 12th of January that were delivered today. Only problem is the seller sent me 5 Micro USB cables instead :)

Edit: - What was the link, hopefully they didn't provide multiple options for cables type (USB C, Micro or Lightening). If not then!

Dispute it, as getting a product not described. You may even get your money back and get to keep the wrong item.

Glad to known that stuff from January is slowing coming through from china slow post?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Glad to known that stuff from January is slowing coming through from china slow post?

I received phone covers I ordered Jan 7th last week.
    Yesterday I received baby hair bows that i ordered Feb 15th. That's the quickest I've recieved something in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Edit: - What was the link, hopefully they didn't provide multiple options for cables type (USB C, Micro or Lightening). If not then!

Dispute it, as getting a product not described. You may even get your money back and get to keep the wrong item.

There was a a multiple option menu but I've doubled checked in my transaction history and I did select Type C. I've opened a dispute and I'll see what happens. Not too bothered anyway as it was only a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Duff wrote: »
    There was a a multiple option menu but I've doubled checked in my transaction history and I did select Type C. I've opened a dispute and I'll see what happens. Not too bothered anyway as it was only a tenner.

I once ordered a pest repellent and instead received an elastic band.
    Disputed it and they requested a photo of item received + reason why I was disputing.
    Sent on evidence only for them to say they saw no issue and refund refused.
    Ali CS is useless.

Advertisement