Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S8

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Cotts72

jones wrote: »
    Is it definitely a three phone? G955F3IE4CRL3 is what I'm on. 3IE being the three version

Apologies, yeah I got the phone sim free, think it may have been prev locked to vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

whats the current story with ports of google camera from the pixel 3 working on the s8 on oreo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

dougm1970 wrote: »
    whats the current story with ports of google camera from the pixel 3 working on the s8 on oreo ?

None of them are terrific for Exynos. Snapdragon seems to be a much easier port.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

They've messed was the nav bar for no good reason. I used the new gestures for a day before giving up as they just wouldn't work for me consistently. Now I've gone back to the nav bar which works fine but they've removed the option to hide it by default and swipe up to have it shown. So every single app now has less screen real estate, no idea why they've done this.

I'm using the swipe gestures now but preferred hard pressing the screen like before, I don't understand why they changed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭jones

3IRL will have the update out next week. It's in testing at the moment according to them.

Hopefully Monday as I've resisted the urge to update the phone firmware manually... So far ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Hopefully Monday as I've resisted the urge to update the phone firmware manually... So far ðŸ˜

I refuse to do it as then Samsung Health won't work. Hooefully early but if by end of the week sure I can wait.

vodafone updated s8 to pie on march 4th...wonder how much longer for three.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

The new good lock is available, which makes the phone so much better IMO. You can either use a VPN and connect to the UK, then clear the data of the Galaxy Store and download that way, takes all of 5 minutes. Or download all the sperate APK files and download Bad Lock from XDA to make them run.

skodacb wrote: »
    The new good lock is available, which makes the phone so much better IMO. You can either use a VPN and connect to the UK, then clear the data of the Galaxy Store and download that way, takes all of 5 minutes. Or download all the sperate APK files and download Bad Lock from XDA to make them run.

i did that only yesterday...but couldnt get navstar (to change navigation bar) working....maybe thats android pie only ?

dougm1970 wrote:
    vodafone updated s8 to pie on march 4th...wonder how much longer for three.

This week according to another poster above. Waiting "patiently" myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Im on three and got the update 3-4 days ago. My s8 was replaced on insurance 6 weeks ago if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TBH I don't know what all the fuss is about. I like the new swipe navigation keys and handier to close apps but other than that? I imagine perhaps that mine is a bit harder on the juice.

Seven Worlds will Collide

This week according to another poster above. Waiting "patiently" myself

I've asked to make sure the testing of s/w passed and if there is an expected day. I see a few H3G versions up on SamMobile so hopefully not too long.

UPDATE: Just getting a very standard response of everything is the same. So least we know it's on track.

I've asked to make sure the testing of s/w passed and if there is an expected day. I see a few H3G versions up on SamMobile so hopefully not too long.

UPDATE: Just getting a very standard response of everything is the same. So least we know it's on track.

no H3G UK version though yet, right ?

From three

"I can confirm this update is currently in testing so we are very close to release but I don't have an exact date on it but keep your eyes peeled 👀"

Getting into the realm of loony now.
    However pressed the check for update and I'm getting a server connection error....Yes rest of my browsing is fine.....could be down while they upload the new s/w.

Getting into the realm of loony now.
    However pressed the check for update and I'm getting a server connection error....Yes rest of my browsing is fine.....could be down while they upload the new s/w.

i had that this morning earlier...but now its back to i'm on latest update.

vodafone s8's had their update on the 4th....got time this week to play with the new update too..if i had it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

dougm1970 wrote: »
    vodafone s8's had their update on the 4th....got time this week to play with the new update too..if i had it.

I had it yesterday. Finding it a bit confusing, new icons and different colours from the old but liking i do far.

Downloading it now on my 3 Ireland locked phone.

EDIT: Feels and looks good. Liking the night mode. 2 issues I have.

1. I can't remove the time from Navigation Bar Natively.
    2. The white edges around some icons are back and you can't remove them....nightly annoying.

• Advertisement

Downloading it now on my 3 Ireland locked phone.

Doing the same now. One thing I'm confused about is the size. it's 1252mb I thought the others I saw where about 1500/1600mb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Got a new Bixby overnight but can't seem to disable the key like before. I've changed it a double press and disabled what I can in it.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Got a new Bixby overnight but can't seem to disable the key like before. I've changed it a double press and disabled what I can in it.

Yeah i changed double press to camera. Gas they wont let you assign it to google assistant

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Look top right, then top left, now I know the time. It's the small but frustrating changes that get me most.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I have Bixby disabled using Package Disabler app and it has remained disabled since the update.

I just selected the button to be single tap camera, double tap Bixby and never will I double tap

i think i know the answer to this already, as i've tried a few.....but on android pie, is there a working pixel 3 gcam port for our exynos s8 devices ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

delly wrote: »
    Look top right, then top left, now I know the time. It's the small but frustrating changes that get me most.

It's so fúcking annoying. For notch phones apparently. I keep thinking I have a notification. A simple option to move it in settings would be nice

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Cienciano wrote: »
    It's so fúcking annoying. For notch phones apparently. I keep thinking I have a notification. A simple option to move it in settings would be nice

Well that explains a lot, fecking notch users! My latest complaint is the new colours of icons on the always on display. They are all now dark red, purple, blue etc., I can't tell what they are without putting the phone right to my face.

• Advertisement

i like to turn all animations off in developer settings....but on pie, when a call is incoming, the caller i.d. name / number is flicking really fast, it can be corrected by changing animations to 0.5.....is there a way to change the incoming call / caller i.d. screen completely....not a dialer app, but one that chages that screen ?

Advertisement