Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S8

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Patww79 wrote: »
    I'd say in a year or twos time you'll find it hard to find a phone with one. I've never plugged headphones into my S7.

Mine are in on a near daily basis. Right now I see no incentive to upgrade my S7. Overall I'm still very happy with it though there is still room for improvement, particularly in the audio department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

May I ask how you have an available upgrade when the s7 is only a year old?

I'd be annoyed if they removed the port tbh, I have two pairs of nice wired headphones / earphones and I have adapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Ah you're living the dream so! Do you ever jump around brands, or just stick to the latest samsung?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

https://twitter.com/technews_google/status/819819554293432320

Am suddenly interested in an S8 as my next upgrade from HTC 10.

Hard to know for sure but from the look of that we won't see a dual camera which is a surprise.

According to a gsmarena article I read, the dual camera will only be available on the plus variant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I heard it would be wireless headphones for the S8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Pisser that the fingerprint sensor will be on the back though.

Yeah the amount of times I'd just press the home button without picking up the phone to check something. There was talk of building a scanner into the display.. don't know how far off that tech is though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Where did you see that about the fingerprint sensor? Having it on the back is rubbish - having to pick the phone up every time you want to use it just doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Perhaps they're abandoning it in favour of the iris recognition. That worked really well on the Note 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

I'm really looking forward to this phone after using an S6 for nearly 2 years now. It's been so good to me except for the battery which has been so bad recently...

Clickbait rumour.....

Built in projector. They've no room for decent battery, home button or an earphone jack, but room for a projector.....

ssuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee......

Leaning towards the S8 this year. Huge HTC fan, but don't really have time for my hobby of modding devices, and don't really like the direction HTC are taking.

It's just a shame we don't really have many options here. I wish Sony, LG, Motorola etc would step up with better devices, and they were more available.

• Advertisement

and one-plus are always worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Very interesting. If it looks like that, and has the buttons and fingerprint sensor on the front screen, it'll be something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

They'd want to be able to squeeze in the S7 edge battery capacity into the smaller S8 or it's gonna struggle.
    Palm rejection will have to be top notch too if they end up with this form.
    Looks alright though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Not a fan of cases either but a clear TPU isn't the end of the world. Do those ones fit alright on an edge screen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I think i be getting the S8 Edge plus if it is truly going to be 6.2 inchs as i do wont a huge phone to use while i am working.

I will be going from a One Plus Three its a fantastic phone but i do kind of miss my S6 edge plus and the fact it was a very good looking phone but the battery life was very bad in it sadly.

So as long as the S8 edge plus has a 4000mhz battery in it. IT will be a day one buy from me.

Advertisement