Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round... 2017 ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Great work to get to that point in less than a year, I know plenty of guys playing for years who still haven't managed to do that

Thanks! I'm afraid it was a bit of a unicorn because I hadn't really threatened to score that low before... Next round should tell a tale :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Thanks! I'm afraid it was a bit of a unicorn because I hadn't really threatened to score that low before... Next round should tell a tale :pac:

Just wait for the new tee boxes to open and we get off the blues!!

Best of luck

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Just wait for the new tee boxes to open and we get off the blues!!

Best of luck

79 gross 35 points off a provisional 6 in castlelknock off the green tees . 1 ball ON and 2 Balls in the water . So played great for 15 holes . Course in amazing summer conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dconnolly81

2nd card in today 87 strokes in Athenry. Left so much behind putting was a shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

34 points in Greenore today off 21.
    5 par
    6 bogies
    2 scratches
    Class day for golf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

levitronix wrote: »
    79 gross 35 points off a provisional 6 in castlelknock off the green tees . 1 ball ON and 2 Balls in the water . So played great for 15 holes . Course in amazing summer conditions

played it last tuesday and have today, it is in great nic

Seve OB wrote: »
    played it last tuesday and have today, it is in great nic

Was such a treat today .... the bug is biting again

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Gross 77 yesterday for 39pts
    Qualifying too so a little cut coming my way.
    Played off medal tees, started with a three putt bogey, parred the next only to totally miss hit my drive on third resulting in another bogey.
    Settled in after that to shoot eight pars in a row.
    Hit a bit of a slump from 12 to 16 with only one par, three bogey's and a three putt double.
    I felt a good score was slipping away from me and concentrated a bit more and finished par birdie.
    Expecting a cut of .4 or .6 , either will get me to 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

yet another round in the 20s. very close to packing it in but know in my heart that I will be back next week. driving is terrible. irons and short game is a joke as for putting the yips are back.

Might give it a miss for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Was such a treat today .... the bug is biting again

I rejoined Castleknock during the week. I hope to get out a good few times this year and get my name on the Challenge cup again.

In other news and it looks good for my Challenge cup aspirations, I won yesterday in the first round of the Presidents Prize in Greystones, finished 2 up against a new member, a very solid ball striker who is off 18 (but not for long). Round 2 today, I closed it out very well on the back 9 winning 4&3. Both games weren't to far off my handicap scoring, so happy with the way the game is shaping up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

A satisfactory weekend.....

.....picked up a few quid in a social friday evening scramble.

Then on Saturday shot 34 pts, which i was quite happy with. Coming off a 2 shot cut my objective was to keep the cut and not immediately hand back a 0.1. Played steady enough but it looked like I was not going to meet my target then a birdie on 15 started a decent run in where I secured 12 points on the last 4 holes, so quite happy with that especially as its the second week in a row I've finished strongly.

Sunday was qualification (strokes) for the club foursomes and we managed to finish in the middle of the pack so should be ok. Little bit disappointing as at one stage we were 2 under and cruising then wobbled leaving us with a final score of 4 over.

In my defence, the greens had been pole-forked and heavily sanded, so I'd say there were more than a few two-putters that ended up being three-putters because of HIBs.*

Hole Induced Bobbles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

What a wkend of golf that was played comp friday 31pts first counting comp of the season. Had a society outting saturday 31pts & another comp sunday poor 25pts. My lower bck is in tatters I must admit but still great golf packed wkend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

First medal of the year yesterday. Was going along nicely and on track for a decent score until i got to the 12th hole where it all fell apart. Sunk a 30ft putt for a 9 on that hole, and couldnt pull myself back after that

93 gross -15 = 78 net

5 pars
    8 bogeys
    3 doubles
    1 triple
    1 quad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Well i didnt play in any comps and only got out the once but I did beat the brother in matchplay and finally got the little trophy we for.

Feeling like i can get lower this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Guy Sajer

First ever attempt at playing golf on a course yesterday and haven't had as much fun in a long time. Definitely hooked on it now. The 21°C weather in London helped.

But I lost 11 balls and a 141 score for a 66 par. Did get my first par in all that and a good 280yd drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

36pts in our first Thursday Open of the year last week and then on Sunday I played a 'V Par' format for the first time ever. The course won as I was 3 down but I enjoyed it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CrunchyBear

Played Doonbeg on Saturday on a justgolf voucher. Was meant to play at the beginning of March but course was closed due to the weather so they extended the validity from middle of March to Saturday. Sometimes things just work out nicely as we ended up playing on a great day and they were finished playing off matts.
    Scored 34 points of 18. 7 Pars, 5 Bogeys, 3 Double Bogeys and 3 scratches. Struggled a bit with a slice with my driver into the wind on the Back 9 and scratched 2 of the last 3 holes but overall was quite happy. 
    Course was in brilliant condition, only disappointment was that the greens were slightly slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

36 Pts yesterday with a stupid double on 2nd (half-shank from about 80yds), 37 Pts won, CSS 34 Pts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Couple of modest results in a row, 29 & 30. The first 2 qualifying comps this year. Mrrrmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

First medal of the year and shot a gross 90 for net 77.

Had 4 7s and putted poorly having a number of 3 putts.

Reached the buffer zone again so happy with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭benny79

45 pts today in club open.. Personal best 85 strokes.. 7 pars 1 birdie and a stupid scratch on the 16th index 1.. sliced ball from middle of fairway! ...but I'm buzzing all day :D not only am I finally going to get a big cut! Hoping for 4 shots... Had most pars in a round pervious was 6..
    It came so easy felt really comfortable didn't even feel I was playing my best left so many shots out there!! My chipping is still a disaster and my putting isnt great.. But the work im putting in is paying off, with lessons and playing more.
    I just really focused on my course management only hit 5 drives 1 was a bad hook..just used my 3 wood.. Concentrating on keeping it in play and were to miss and it worked :D

Today was 1 off them days when the golfing gods shined bright! :D I dont even care if i won the comp.... Giddy up...what a day :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

benny79 wrote: »
    45 pts today in club open.. Personal best 85 strokes.. 7 pars 1 birdie and a stupid scratch on the 16th index 1.. sliced ball from middle of fairway! ...but I'm buzzing all day :D not only am I finally going to get a big cut! Hoping for 4 shots... Had most pars in a round pervious was 6..
    It came so easy felt really comfortable didn't even feel I was playing my best left so many shots out there!! My chipping is still a disaster and my putting isnt great.. But the work im putting in is paying off, with lessons and playing more.
    I just really focused on my course management only hit 5 drives 1 was a bad hook..just used my 3 wood.. Concentrating on keeping it in play and were to miss and it worked :D

Today was 1 off them days when the golfing gods shined bright! :D I dont even care if i won the comp.... Giddy up...what a day :cool:

Fair play Benny .

Long time coming .

Real golfer too. Not caring about event.

91 and 79 now in for the new handicap at Dunmuray springs. Out again in the morning so should a handicap soon enough

46 pts in a FBBB this morning which should be enough to get us something - we'd a very strong back nine (26pts) so I think it'll take a 47 to trump that score, another 46 won't beat us on a count back.

91 and 79 now in for the new handicap at Dunmuray springs. Out again in the morning so should have a handicap soon enough

80 today kinda had and 80 in mind didn't want another card in the 70's

So I'm guessing I'll get anything from 6 - 8 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

80 today kinda had and 80 in mind didn't want another card in the 70's

So I'm guessing I'll get anything from 6 - 8 ???

Why would you not want another card in the 70's?.
    Maybe you weren't around for GUI handicap awareness month in March, but just an FYI, not trying your best is cheating.

Why would you not want another card in the 70's?.
    Maybe you weren't around for GUI handicap awareness month in March, but just an FYI, not trying your best is cheating.

To be honest I don't think what score I had will make difference and if I was given 5 it would be too hard to play too . I'd say I 'll get my old handicap back based on all the info I gave the club, which was 6 . And shooting round in the high 70,s in spring winter conditions is a lot easier than summer when rough is up

And it's not like i duffed or 3 putted for fun. Scores where very real I just had modest target and tried to stay below it

A decent weekend.....our score in the Saturday FBBB was good enough to win and I followed that up with a nett 67 in the year's second medal yesterday. Thought that might have been good enough to get something but despite the conditions yesterday (windy with some squally rain) there were some decent scores returned with 64 winning it.

Fired in 2 birdies, and 3 pars but also a triple bogey (thanks to a penalty drop) and 3 doubles. Hit 80% of fairways, 28% GIR and averaged 1.9 putts per hole.

My 67 still gave me a top 10 finish.....a 1.2 shot reduction and 1 shot ESR....meaning since the 1st April I've trimmed 4.1 shots from the handicap.

Given the number of double and triple bogeys I still think I can knock another couple of shots off the handicap before the end of the summer, but for the moment I think I'll just try hang on to the revised handicap and avoid giving back silly 0.1s.

Off to Seapoint tomorrow for their Tuesday open.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Had a lesson on Thursday with the intention of curing my slice, and played yesterday and it was a game of two halves, 32 points off 18, 10 on the front and 22 on the back 9. A lot of bad hooks on the front 9, but had a few shots with the nice draw shape from the lesson, on the back 9 I seem to have figured out where I was going wrong compared to the lesson and then barely put a foot wrong, but my putting was terrible.

Front 9: 2 pars, 1 bogey, 2 doubles, & 4 scratches
    Back 9: 2 birdies, 2 pars, 3 bogies, & 2 doubles (both 3 putts)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 dconnolly81

Finally got my 3rd card in today shot an 85. So my 3 cards were 83, 85 and 87 so happy enough with that left a lot behind me again today but plenty of room for improvement. Played of 14 2 years ago so be happy to get back to that or lower. Not sure what I'll get.

Advertisement