Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round... 2017 ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭WheresMyPar

Non quilifing and I wasn't walking back to t box

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dconnolly81

Shot an 83 in Athenry Saturday. Played well enough lipped a few puts all in all happy enough. 1st of 3 cards handed in

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Non quilifing and I wasn't walking back to t box

ah ok on the non-qualifying. but you don't have to walk back to the box. you can just scratch the hole and still put your card in

Strokes

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dconnolly81

Strokes

Ya strokes. Trying to get my h/c back as i didnt join last year. Played of 14 2 years ago so would of had 37 points

• Advertisement

Strokes

you can have a scratch on a strokes card

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Monthly Medal on Saturday (sadly non qualifying )

78 gross for a nett 69
    Played well bar one hole where I took a treble from the middle of the fairway.
    3 birdies on the card too so suppose can't really complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭benny79

Seve OB wrote: »
    you can have a scratch on a strokes card

yea but aren't you disqualified? This happened me the weekend in medal. I was playing terrible mainly because I was hung over.. But had to walk back to the tee on 2 holes already. The 3rd time I just scratched the hole as I was holding play up.. wrote lost ball on card beside hole no.. Continued on with my round .. I still handed in my card but as soon as I put 0 in for the scratched hole it instantly came up NR on machine..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

benny79 wrote: »
    yea but aren't you disqualified? This happened me the weekend in medal. I was playing terrible mainly because I was hung over.. But had to walk back to the tee on 2 holes already. The 3rd time I just scratched the hole as I was holding play up.. wrote lost ball on card beside hole no.. Continued on with my round .. I still handed in my card but as soon as I put 0 in for the scratched hole it instantly came up NR on machine..

Any reason you didn't hit a provisional on the 3rd occasion :D:P

Any reason you didn't hit a provisional on the 3rd occasion :D:P

Ha.. I was actually going to and my playing partners said no you definitely find that (went in trees) yes I know worse fool me.. I actually had a fight with myself for listening to them :D and just gave up then... lol...

• Advertisement

you will be out of the comp and an NR for your comp but your score for handicap purposes will be down as a net double, as it would have been if you scored a 10. So in theory, you could still get a cut! in op case, it was non qualifying so doesn't really mater to much, but I know our club and i'm sure most others, always want you to return your card all the time.

In my club as well if you don't return your card you automatically get 0.1 back.

In my club as well if you don't return your card you automatically get 0.1 back.

IMO you shouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭AhHaor

28 points in Kileen Castle on Black Sunday. Scratched 16 & 18. Long course. Greens in great condition. Tee boxes werent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

I had 5 birdies and an eagle in 4-ball on Sunday. It included 3 chip-ins in 4 holes. I don't think I'll ever achieve something like that again.

All my luck gone for the next 2 years I'd say :pac:

Junior scratch cup in Athy yesterday 9 over
    Happy with score,
    Few bad shots some good and bad luck,
    Winter work is paying off only concern is getting the odd hook, bad shots used to be weak fade prefer the weak fade any day,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

41 points yesterday which I was, needless to say, delighted with. Had a bog standard front 9 (18 points) and even after 12 I had a respectable 24 points - then I blasted 17 points on the final 6 - playing them in 1 over......scooped the overall!

.....handicap secretary was waiting with his cleaver on 18!

Today was qualification for the club fourball - (format was v-par). Nothing spectacular. The job was to qualify and we did that with a few holes to spare......although it's always nice to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

41pts
    Gross 75 (+4)
    4 over front 9 and managed a level par back 9. Hitting it well, 2 birdies, 10 pars and 6 bogey's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

I work shift so can only play every second weekend so its been very frustrating when your looking forward to the weekend and the weather conspires against you and the golf fix that's well overdue.

Finally a weekend of good weather and some decent golf to go with it.

Played Saturday and game was very consistent with 18pts on front nine and came home with 22pts on the back to hit 40pts which is the best I've managed in quite a while. Maybe a chance to be in the winners enclosure but alas scores of 42 and a couple of 41's had me miss out. To be honest whilst it would be nice to win I got a lot of pleasure from the way my round went.

Played earlier today and started very solid and finished the front 9 on 20pts and had high hopes for the 2nd 9. Started with a couple of pars and then on a straight forward par 3 a howler of a double bogey scratch occurred. It obviously had a affect because I went out of bounds with my drive on the next hole which resulted in another scratch. The wheels were starting to come off my round but I dug deep and parred 4 of the last 5 holes to come home in 18pts for a total of 38pts. Even though the round on Saturday score-wise was better I took more enjoyment from today. Two scratches which could have knocked the stuffing out of my round were overcome and just goes to show how important it is to block out poor play when it occurs. Unfortunately the 38pts didn't result in a win either as a few rounds of 40pts and a 43pts where in as well.

Nice to have two very good rounds this weekend and hopefully a sign of the season ahead. Just need to keep the practice up and enjoy the year. :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

31pts off 15 on Saturday

Very rusty on the front nine with only 11pts
    Definitely got better on the back nine with 20pts even factoring in a 3-putt from 6 feet

6 pars, 5 bogeys, 5 doubles, 2 scratches
    My greenside chipping is horrendous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

82 strokes, 38 points on Saturday in Castlewarden. Weird to say so, but was a disappointing score.

For 17 holes, the worst score I had on my card was a bogey, and highest number of strokes on any hole was a 5. For the first 8 holes of the back 9 I was level par. Then I finish with a bloody triple bogey 8 on the last to take a bit of a shine off the round.

Overall pretty happy with the golf I played. I'm learning that when I play sensible golf it really makes a difference to my scoring.

53% FIR
    33% GIR
    33% Scrambling
    32 Putts (5 1-putts, 1 3-putt)

82 strokes, 38 points on Saturday in Castlewarden. Weird to say so, but was a disappointing score.

Disappointed with a 38pt round. 😨😨😨

Macker1 wrote: »
    Disappointed with a 38pt round. 😨😨😨

I know Macker, just the last hole that put the downer on it. Looking at stats, my average score on the hole is 5.8 (its a par 5) & last time I had an 8 on it was almost a year ago, so it was just frustration given I'd had a great back 9 to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    My greenside chipping is horrendous

Short game is all about confidence, a small bit of imagination and lots of practice. At least you know there's an issue which gives you a great chance to improve your scoring. I always find it much more disconcerting to look at a poor score afterwards and scratch my head as to why...

Chin up (but not while chipping!)

I know Macker, just the last hole that put the downer on it. Looking at stats, my average score on the hole is 5.8 (its a par 5) & last time I had an 8 on it was almost a year ago, so it was just frustration given I'd had a great back 9 to that point.

I know what you mean about a poor last hole leaving a sour taste in mouth but the fact that you played so well should fill you with optimism for the year ahead. For most of us mid handicappers a card wrecker hole can happen and will from time to time. The key is to learn from it and significantly reduce the possibility of it happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

31 points in the matchplay qualifier CSS was 75 so hit the buffer zone. Delighted as didnt play well but scrambled well to the 31 points including 4 pars in the last 4 holes to qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

35 points at the weekend, first round since January so happy that I wasn't too rusty. Had to make a lot of 6 footers to save 2points on holes. CSS was 34 so managed to get cut 0.2.

Few mistakes purely down to concentration so good things to work on. Chipping needs a lot of practice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

37 points at the weekend (with 3 scratches, cough).

It was placing / non-qualifying and obviously the scratches mean there's a good bit of rust there still, but it makes a welcome break from previous 2017 results which were all on or under 30 points. Things are on the up.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Only started playing in June 2016, so haven't joined a club yet, or played in any competitions. Had my first sub-90 round on Saturday morning though! 88 strokes around Grange Castle :)

• Advertisement

Only started playing in June 2016, so haven't joined a club yet, or played in any competitions. Had my first sub-90 round on Saturday morning though! 88 strokes around Grange Castle :)

Great work to get to that point in less than a year, I know plenty of guys playing for years who still haven't managed to do that

Advertisement