Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your biggest "get me out of here!" moment in a relationship?

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

BetsyEllen wrote: »
    This thread was fun for a while but it's being ruined by period talk now[/QUOTE

they are a bleeding problem all right, cockney accent, where every second word is bleedin this, bleeding that

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

My ex was incredibly needy, 200 texts a day, resending the same message if I didn't text back then sending passing aggressive stuff if I didn't write back, regardless of if I was at school or college or work. Put up with it because it was my first relationship, I wasn't particularly confident in myself and, well, you know yourselves the third reason...

I must add I was no angel in all this. I could've behaved a lot better but I still kept on the sane side of things compared to her.

Did lots of mad stuff looking back: fake pregnancies, lots of testing me ("is my friend hot?"), Tried to isolate me from my friends, arranging to meet up and then cancel on me with stupid reasons countless times. I was far not in the mood for that crap so I called her out on it. She'd get her knickers in a knot for a while, stop talking then pretend as if nothing happened. We broke up and started again I don't know how many times over the course of three and a half years. It ended when we both met new people, though even then she kept texting me about how much she loved me and graphically explaining what she wanted to do to me.

My relationship ended and she told me hers was over too so we met up a few times. Then it stopped all of a sudden and she told me it was cos she was actually still with her bf, they'd never broken up in the first place. I got on with my life and she kept trying to win me back and pretended she wasn't still with her bf.

The height of her craziness was when she told me one day out of the blue she'd arrived in the new country I was living in to visit me. I was single at the time (she claimed to be) and had been talking a bit back and forth but as I was living in a different country, I made it clear nothing would happen.

So i woke up one day with dozens of messages saying she was at the airport and how long would it take me to get there, etc. I text back, clueless, and she says that she's already booked a return flight so I went out to the airport, it was in the city I lived. Told her I was there and she told me she had already checked in so she wasn't able to turn back.

She tried a similar stunt a while later when I was living in a different country, this time it would've involved me travelling two hours. I called her bluff and she didn't reply for a few days before telling me she'd fainted and couldn't remeber what had happened and that it was my fault.

Like I said I was no angel, I could've cut her out of my life at any time but... I was single so I kept going back for more whenever I was back in Ireland.

I finally copped on after another fakeish pregnancy: she kept saying that she wasn't with her bf, we got together, a week after she claimed she was pregnant but then told me something about the dates that meant it couldn't be mine. When she finally admitted it (i knew from the start it couldn't be mine and i told her as much and that I was having nothing to do with it but it took her months to actually admit it wasn't mine), I realised it was a lucky escape, I cut contact completely and haven't talked to her since, though she kept texting me for three years after it.

The scary thing about stories like this is...... these people are still out there.....:eek: Like, how do these women come back from this?? Do they manage to reign in the crazy only for it to reappear later? Or do they grow up and stop behaving like this? I just don't know.....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I was calling on a friend that had very loud annoying kids next door. They told me that they have to go for walks in the evenings sometimes just to get away from the neighbours three really loud screechy/screemy feral girls playing outside, even as they were telling me this I was having problems hearing them out the racket outside.

Anyway I looked out and glimpsed that that their mother was an ex from ten years previous and who when I broke it off said something like "what about our unborn babies?"

I walked away that night with a huge sense of having dodged a bullet. Actually not a bullet, a bloody bomb!

Edit to add: While it wasn't a get out of a relationship moment as it about a past relationship but it did confirm a lot about why I broke up with her back then, way too much hippy dippy shít. I wouldn't be surprised if she's an anti-vaxxer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

This thread was fun for a while but it's being ruined by period talk now
    Yeah, periods, bloody hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

BetsyEllen wrote:
    This thread was fun for a while but it's being ruined by period talk now

It should be renamed the Sean Spicer thread. Period!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Which actor was it?

If I know young women, and I don't, I'm betting it was john candy.

I went out with a guy once whose Dad was super pervy.
    I was close with the girlfriend of my boyfriends brother and she mentioned it to me once, said he had been drunk one night and said inappropriate things to her and how he'd like to kiss her etc.

Anyway, a few weeks later he said the same kind of stuff to me (he drank a lot) and that I reminded him of his wife who had died young (my boyfriends mother).

One night when with my boyfriend I brought it up to him as I felt so uncomfortable, I told him I didn't want to be around his Dad anymore.

My boyfriend was surprisingly unfazed and said 'oh yeah he's like that - my ex stayed in my house one night whilst I was away - my Dad was here and she woke up in the middle of the night and he was standing over her and begged her to let him give her oral'

The weirdest thing was, he didn't even seem bothered by it.

We broke up eventually, his creepy Dad being one of the main reasons.

Dear God. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

EMF2010 wrote: »
    Seeing a guy and the morning after the first time he stayed over he made some comment about how 'this is what it will be like when we're married'. Except for the fact that it was my place, there'd have been a me-shaped hole in the wall.
    woodchuck wrote: »
    On a more lighthearted note, I had a "get me out of here" moment on a first date when a guy started asking me where I see myself in 5 years times and how many kids I wanted!!

Eh, I'll never understand the men who go this way; A close female friend of mine, who incidentally doesn't want to get married nor to have children, could open a flippin' museum with all the "I want you to pop my babies out" on 3rd date types. She's clearly not the only one.
    If I had to pick one mad moment though it was in bed with a girl I had been seeing for two weeks and in a wild and passionate moment she asked me to put and plastic bag over her head.
    When, during sex, she asked me to crap on her.
    True story.
    I know numerous girls who would be all over that like a fly on sh*te.

Depends how much you trusted him upto that moment tbh.
    Johnnio13 wrote: »
    had a another Northie one that wanted me to role play and follow her to the bathroom where upon she would leave the door open and I would walk in and ta-da see her showering, or so I thought. Didn't think this out fully. If a woman/man ever says this. Walk away people. Just walk away. That is an image I will never be able to wipe from my memory.
    Vicxas wrote: »
    She also asked if i thought my best friend at the time was pretty and did i want to sleep with her just to get it out of my system....

+ many others.

Well, what to say...craziness aside, I clearly keep meeting the most boring amongst the ladies out there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Probably when I found out she was having sex with someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

*Move it in check it out Disco lady*

I met a nurse on a night out, smooched, and arranged to meet for a drink the following week.
    I fancied her, the date was ok, and we both went back to her house, which she was renting with 2 other girls.
    When we arrived, they were both still up so we sat and had some wine.

The nurse, sitting next to me, suddenly started to cry. Full on bawling.
    I was rooted to the seat in shock, not knowing what to say or what had caused her to start crying.
    The other girls got up and started milling around the house.
    It seemed like this was normal behavior as they didn't seem a bit fazed.

Then the hitting began.
    It started with a playful but hard slap.
    I was in shock.
    Then she thought it would be a good idea to start raining blows down on my head.
    She wasn't crying anymore. She was in a fit of giggles.
    She connected with the first and after I deflected the second, I leaped up and left without saying a word.

*Back away, not today, Crazy lady*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭54and56

That's the second fortune teller angle on a story here.

It takes an extra special kinda crazy to change your life around to mirror what some stranger has told you.

Unless that stranger is a priest of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

valoren wrote: »
    I met a nurse on a night out, smooched, and arranged to meet for a drink the following week.
    I fancied her, the date was ok, and we both went back to her house, which she was renting with 2 other girls.
    When we arrived, they were both still up so we sat and had some wine.

The nurse, sitting next to me, suddenly started to cry. Full on bawling.
    I was rooted to the seat in shock, not knowing what to say or what had caused her to start crying.
    The other girls got up and started milling around the house.
    It seemed like this was normal behavior as they didn't seem a bit fazed.

Then the hitting began.
    It started with a playful but hard slap.
    I was in shock.
    Then she thought it would be a good idea to start raining blows down on my head.
    She wasn't crying anymore. She was in a fit of giggles.
    She connected with the first and after I deflected the second, I leaped up and left without saying a word.
    That's bizarre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

One of my friends was seeing a new guy and she said he woke up screaming in the middle of the night. Scared the hell out of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭elefant

eeguy wrote: »
    One of my friends was seeing a new guy and she said he woke up screaming in the middle of the night. Scared the hell out of her.

That's not exactly sensational.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

elefant wrote: »

Yeah, scary, but not get me the hell out of here.
    Depends what he was screaming though :)

I knew a guy who had to have some aggro every night he was out. She stuck by him though, why, is beyond me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Candie wrote: »
    Dear God. :(

that post is probably the most disturbing thing i've read on boards, and i've been around a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

elefant wrote: »

Common for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭johnny_tractor

i have a good one,

a few years back i met a girl,

we were both taking loads of anphetamines at the time so the relationship was never consumated,

anyway 3 weeks into the relationship we were lying in bed one afternoon when she told me she has genital herpes, ahhhhh

so tahn kful to the fac i was so out of it in speed i couldnt have sex with her,

speed saved my life

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

i have a good one,

a few years back i met a girl,

we were both taking loads of anphetamines at the time so the relationship was never consumated,

anyway 3 weeks into the relationship we were lying in bed one afternoon when she told me she has genital herpes, ahhhhh

so tahn kful to the fac i was so out of it in speed i couldnt have sex with her,

speed saved my life

This post saved me from ever taking speed. :P If that's what it does for your sex life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭elefant

eeguy wrote: »
    Common for you?

I've known of people to have nightmares.

• Advertisement
Advertisement