Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your biggest "get me out of here!" moment in a relationship?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

When I worked in a pub in England a new barmaid started and we got on fairly well. She said she was over from Tyrone for the summer and staying with her sister. One thing led to another and she ended up spending more nights at my place than at her sisters. That was grand till one night her husband arrived in to the pub and tried to pull me out over the counter. It turned out she had left him and two children high and dry two months earlier. Word filtered back that she was living with a new fellow in England.
    She got the sack from the bar that night and got two black sacks from me the following morning.

Another relationship ended abruptly after her father arrived with a search warrant one morning and found 5 plants sunning themselves in my room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

I;m confused. Was it her house or not? And did you actually ride her in the house of the fella she really wanted? Was he there?

Sounds like they went back to hers after the detour to the fella she really wanted.

I;m confused. Was it her house or not? And did you actually ride her in the house of the fella she really wanted? Was he there?

Sorry i should have explained, Went on back to hers. happened a good while back. Was drunk and the details are patchy

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sorry i should have explained, Went on back to hers. happened a good while back. Was drunk and the details are patchy
    Sounds like she automatically gave the "usual" address without thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

These threads are par for the course on Reddit. Some of you going on like it's made your Christmas. You need to venture outside boards.

You've been on Reddit? Wow! What's it like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

sligojoek wrote: »
    When I worked in a pub in England a new barmaid started and we got on fairly well. She said she was over from Tyrone

That post could have stopped there and still qualified :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

She invited me round to hers for Sunday lunch. She was Sicilian so I was heavily expectant. She presented a roast chicken with vegetables. Fair enough, but the chicken was so dry it was practically inedible. It was downhill from then and it all ended a couple of weeks later.

Tbh, that makes you sound like the dick of the relationship, however brief it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

^^^No doubt, but that bothers me not. I know that I don't want to spend my time with a miserable cook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

That's the second fortune teller angle on a story here.

It takes an extra special kinda crazy to change your life around to mirror what some stranger has told you.

I was living with a guy and in what I thought was a very serious relationship (marriage, house on the cards etc). He had a kid from a previous relationship.

Went to a fortune teller for the laugh and she told me that I was living with a guy, who had a kid and said "You do a lot of babysitting on a Tuesday evening don't you?" I said yeh and she told me that he was wasn't being faithful. I was never one to believe this kinda nonsense but it played on my mind for awhile since she had specifically said Tuesday and he usually worked late on Tuesdays.

Not proud of this but I looked at his phone. Sure enough, there was filthy texts there between him and a girl he'd met from POF who he'd been meeting up with on Tuesdays because that's when her husband worked late.

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I Sure enough, there was filthy texts there between him and a girl he'd met from POF who he'd been meeting up with on Tuesdays because that's when her husband worked late.

She didn't have sideline work as a Fortune Teller by any chance?

• Advertisement

She didn't have sideline work as a Fortune Teller by any chance?

Haha no :D The fortune teller was about 100. The POF girl was a lot younger. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Not Propaganda

ardinn wrote: »
    Dont see much wrong with either of the above - 1st is 1st date chat filler the 2nd is showing affection!!

I presume your both still single!

Doesn't seem so bad on it's own, but combined with not really wanting me to hang out with friends without her, it was pretty clear it was like a marking territory thing.

And we were 22 at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Haha no :D The fortune teller was about 100. The POF girl was a lot younger. :pac:

What is POF?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I reckon fortune tellers pay for local gossip or something, still worth finding out I guess!

GingerLily wrote: »
    I reckon fortune tellers pay for local gossip or something, still worth finding out I guess!

I'd think that too only the fortune teller was in a different country :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I'd think that too only the fortune teller was in a different country :D
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

fixxxer wrote: »
    What is POF?

Just looked it up. It's a free dating app.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

You know when you're in a relationship, what's that like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Just looked it up. It's a free dating app.....

Cheers. I'd look myself but the missus checks my search history every few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

This is quality gold!!

Years ago had an American travelling Europe forgo her trip home because she thought I was her soul mate and life partner. This was after 2 hours sitting at the bar chatting. Thinking she was joking and 'cause the offer was there we got together that night but she went and changed her flights the next day and stayed 6months. Even got a job in the bar I worked in. But I left the job after 3 months because she would ask to work all the same shifts. She would continue to call to the house at all times of day or night. Left a copy of Serendipity on my door step and said it was about our future. Called me once from a night club in Galway to tell me she was going to bang some guy 'cause he looked like me. I see her occasionally around Dublin now working in Grand Canal Sq somewhere. I was only with her the once thank god. Bat-Sh%t...Good luck to anyone that has her now.

had a another Northie one that wanted me to role play and follow her to the bathroom where upon she would leave the door open and I would walk in and ta-da see her showering, or so I thought. Didn't think this out fully. If a woman/man ever says this. Walk away people. Just walk away. That is an image I will never be able to wipe from my memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I went on a date with a guy from Florida who showed me his concealed carry permit in the first ten minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

fixxxer wrote: »
    What is POF?

Plenty of fish. Dating site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I was living with a guy and in what I thought was a very serious relationship (marriage, house on the cards etc). He had a kid from a previous relationship.

Went to a fortune teller for the laugh and she told me that I was living with a guy, who had a kid and said "You do a lot of babysitting on a Tuesday evening don't you?" I said yeh and she told me that he was wasn't being faithful. I was never one to believe this kinda nonsense but it played on my mind for awhile since she had specifically said Tuesday and he usually worked late on Tuesdays.

Not proud of this but I looked at his phone. Sure enough, there was filthy texts there between him and a girl he'd met from POF who he'd been meeting up with on Tuesdays because that's when her husband worked late.

Did you organise the fortune teller or did a friend? Sounds to me like someone you know knew what was going on but didn't want to tell you themselves...

Was living with a guy for few years.
    Woke up one morning to a right grumpy fella, some huff on him. Wouldn't talk to me, real thick.
    Couldn't figure out what the hell I had done this time ( everyday things I did annoyed him sometimes)
    So eventually after asking for ages and ages......
    Turns out I had done something annoying in the dream he had the night before...........

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

To be honest i didnt let that major red flag deter me but the very next day i got out of there quick as a flash

How long did you 2 and the taxi driver sit there looking at the house? Did you just say" that's a lovely house, we going for the ride now"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

^^^No doubt, but that bothers me not. I know that I don't want to spend my time with a miserable cook.

Showed that to my wife and she laughed...

......she can't cook for buttons, but I don't have to spend my life with a miserable cook ;)

Anyway, the one time she did try to cook a romantic meal for us it ended with the fire brigade being called out as she burned the food to the point where it triggered the fire alarm in the common area of the apartment block she was living in at the time. The fire brigade insisted on coming into the apartment to make sure there wasn't an actual fire, there was that much smoke!

Jawgap wrote: »
    Showed that to my wife and she laughed...

......she can't cook for buttons, but I don't have to spend my life with a miserable cook ;)

Anyway, the one time she did try to cook a romantic meal for us it ended with the fire brigade being called out as she burned the food to the pint where it triggered the fire alarm in the common area of the apartment block she was living in at the time. The fire brigade insisted on coming into the apartment to make sure there wasn't an actual fire, there was that much smoke!

I'm the exact same! I would burn water. Himself is a fantastic cook and won't trust me make something for us. Everything he makes is from scratch whereas I'd be grabbing the jar of Uncle Bens to go over my cremated chicken :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Luhkuhduhtuhv

Things has been bad for a while, we brought out the worst in each other. He had a fiery temper and though I didnt realise it unil after, I was terrified of him. I knew it was over when I started to win a game we were playing and he grabbed me and shook me while screaming "**** you". No matter how bad things were, I never thought he would hit me; that was the day I finally realised it was only a matter of time.

Don't slam your clam on crazy, kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

jesus, this thread is horrible. reading it, it makes all the stories you find in Relationship Issues.

• Advertisement

tara73 wrote: »
    jesus, this thread is horrible. reading it, it makes all the stories you find in Relationship Issues.

Finish your sentence. Don't leave us hanging! :pac:

Advertisement