Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your biggest "get me out of here!" moment in a relationship?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

She wasn't a virgin :eek:

Something like this should sort out that Hussy :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5au73E60DZw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭blue note

I think the problem with the condom breaking story is that she reacted like it was a common occurance. I've had one break on me in 12 years - the very first time I had sex and that was because I didn't know how to put it on right. In the 12 years since they've all worked. So why is it a common occurance for her?

She was probably just being nice and reassuring the guy that she'd go and get the pill and it in fact was not a regular occurrence for her. But, I can understand someone thinking if condoms breaking are normal for her how blasé is she about sexual safety? And not wanting to take any risk with her again.

People were very harsh on that poster for essentially not wanting to take any risks in sleeping with someone who he had reason to believe was not careful with protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Maybe she has a lot of sex - be it one night stands, flings or boyfriend - and the odds of broken condom incidents are more likely. It hardly reflects on her attitude towards sexual safety unless she's somehow using her vaginal muscles to deliberately break condoms :confused:

Condoms breaking are outside a woman's control entirely.

I don't think there's any way around the fact that the guy who posted that was just put off by the fact that she might have a very active (though seemingly safe) sex life.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If that were true, that'd be an awfully cruel thing to highlight, wouldn't it?
    Forever alone is a meme...
    I feel sorry for that girl.
    If the room was rented, the replacement mattress would be coming out of his deposit because she didn't bother telling him what she knew had a high chance of happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Maybe she has a lot of sex - be it one night stands, flings or boyfriend - and the odds of broken condom incidents are more likely. It hardly reflects on her attitude towards sexual safety unless she's somehow using her vaginal muscles to deliberately break condoms :confused:

Condoms breaking are outside a woman's control entirely.

I don't think there's any way around the fact that the guy who posted that was just put off by the fact that she might have a very active (though seemingly safe) sex life.

Maybe she had a jaggedy vageegee.

• Advertisement

Condoms breaking commonly is not normal. Generally outside of the woman's control unless she likes putting them on and doesn't know how to do it properly or is doing something during sex that is causing them to break - I don't know, she gives toothy oral sex our something. But it's definitely but normal.

It sounds odd to me that it would regularly be happening to a girl. I can understand a guy getting spooked by that. And I certainly read it as him being spooked because a condom breaking was normal and nothing to worry about, not because she was promiscuious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Maybe her long term ex just had a VERY BIG PENIS and used to bust out of them all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

When she told me she never wanted to get a job , after dropping out of college

Her plan was the dole then eventually become a stay at home mum ... i was like not to my kids anyway, we'd a big row and ended it on the spot

It's entirely normal if you have a very active sex life and always use condoms, versus someone who only needs to use a condom once or twice a year. in which cases a condom breaking would be unusual/unlikely.

Yes, it's possible that the ex had a horse sized wang and wasn't able to find condoms big enough. Very unlikely though. I think by far the most likely story is that she was just trying to reassure the poster and it wasn't a common occurrence for her.

But, one possibility is that she is careless with protection and not bothered about it failing. Which would worry a lot of people.

It's interesting that everyone is attacking the poster over this. I can't help but think if the genders were reversed that no-one would question a girl who ran from a guy who regularly had condoms break on him. I'd certainly be suspicious of that anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭robbiezero

blue note wrote: »
    Condoms breaking commonly is not normal. Generally outside of the woman's control unless she likes putting them on and doesn't know how to do it properly or is doing something during sex that is causing them to break - I don't know, she gives toothy oral sex our something. But it's definitely but normal.

It sounds odd to me that it would regularly be happening to a girl. I can understand a guy getting spooked by that. And I certainly read it as him being spooked because a condom breaking was normal and nothing to worry about, not because she was promiscuious.

So what if he was spooked because of that?

But, one possibility is that she is careless with protection and not bothered about it failing. Which would worry a lot of people.

How does that make any sense? The condom breaks, neither notices, but she's the one who's somehow careless with protection and not bothered?

If he was spooked because she was promiscuous he should kick himself in the nuts because he'd just slept with someone on the second date and shouldn't have such double standards. but it didn't read like that was what happened in my opinion.

I think people just jumped on the chance to be outraged at someone slut shaming a woman and didn't actually think about whether he actually was or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The whole thing was discussed when they originally made the post 2 months ago, and they responded:
    nope
    I just wasn't quite sure that I wanted to be going out someone quite as promiscuous as she seemed to be.

she was excellent in bed though, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've spent the morning reading this whole thread ... all I can say is wow! I have sat in shock, spewed coffee on a few occasions. Thanks folks for going through all of this. Great reading/entertainment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Periods are a normal bodily function but a heads up to a sexual partner is still a very reasonable expectation. She wasn't just 'staying in' his house.

That said, I wouldn't be dumping anyone over it, she was probably on her last day and thought it'd be fine.
    Nothing kills the mood more than a quick 'heads up' in the midst of a passionate clinch.
    That said, I wouldn't have been bothered by it at all.

How does that make any sense? The condom breaks, neither notices, but she's the one who's somehow careless with protection and not bothered?

Because she made out like it was a regular occurrence. It can happen to anyone a few times, but for it to be a regular occurrence someone is doing something wrong. If it was a past partner, you'd expect they'd have figured it out and not had it happen commonly. If it was a few different partners than it sounds very odd that so many of them would have such difficulty putting one on. So she's the common denominator and maybe she's doing something wrong? Maybe wearing a sharp ring in bed or something, or pulling on it too hard or something? I don't know, I can't really think why they'd break regularly.

And for most people you'd be fairly worried after that happens - but from the post she didn't seem overly bothered. I can see why that would concern someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yes, it's possible that the ex had a horse sized wang and wasn't able to find condoms big enough. Very unlikely though. I think by far the most likely story is that she was just trying to reassure the poster and it wasn't a common occurrence for her.

It's interesting that everyone is attacking the poster over this. I can't help but think if the genders were reversed that no-one would question a girl who ran from a guy who regularly had condoms break on him. I'd certainly be suspicious of that anyway.

You're making a far bigger deal of it than anyone else is tbh. There were a couple of what I thought were clearly light hearted comments and then an out of nowhere accusation that 'everyone is attacking the poster'.

If I had a penny for every thread I've seen ruined on here because someone just can't help but opine on a completely hypothetical made up if-the-genders-were-reversed situation I'd be rich

osarusan wrote: »
    The whole thing was discussed when they originally made the post 2 months ago, and they responded:

Haha :D I clearly gave the guy too much credit! :D:D Turns out he's just a bit of a kn0b!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Can we move past this dude with the massive shlong and the breaking condom now please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Nothing kills the mood more than a quick 'heads up' in the midst of a passionate clinch.
    That said, I wouldn't have been bothered by it at all.

You give the heads up before that point!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

This is EXACTLY why the Pope doesn't like Jonnies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

There were lots of reasons for me to dump him but I was young and he was so hot!

What made me wake up was when he took a bath full of dettol disinfectant after visiting a waterpark (he were abroad) I knew he was not the one for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

blacklilly wrote: »
    There were lots of reasons for me to dump him but I was young and he was so hot!

What made me wake up was when he took a bath full of dettol disinfectant after visiting a waterpark (he were abroad) I knew he was not the one for me.

If my knowledge of cracker is anything to go by, sure sign of a serial killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

If my knowledge of cracker is anything to go by, sure sign of a serial killer.

Absolutely agree:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Late to the thread,

Shifting a girl outside a church when I was 19 or so , she told me she had a photo of me on her mirror (god knows where she took it from) , wondered if my children would look like me as she's trying to push me inside her, I'm backing out at a rate of knots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

You do know that women have periods, a lot?

Periodical even. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

But you do know someimes it's hard to control a lot of blood. Accidents happen. If it happened to a girl staying in my house, I would know it was an accident, I wouldn't judge her, it's a normal bodily function. I would just clean the sheets!

You'd tell the person you're about to have sex with, surely? You can't judge someone for being grossed out. I'd be pretty grossed out if someone perioded on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭blade1

She wasn't a virgin :eek:

Like the joke where the guy asks her if he was her first.
    She replies "maybe, your face does look familiar":pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

But you do know someimes it's hard to control a lot of blood. Accidents happen. If it happened to a girl staying in my house, I would know it was an accident, I wouldn't judge her, it's a normal bodily function. I would just clean the sheets!

You'd tell the person you're about to have sex with, surely? You can't judge someone for being grossed out. I'd be pretty grossed out if someone perioded on me!
    But it's ok for you to squirt your bodily fluids on her? Or in her?
    Sometimes when I'm about get my period and have sex, having sex can start it off.. also there is a thing called cervical erosion ( doesn't mean your cervix is eroded) that can cause a woman to bleed during sex that she does not know about or cannot help happening... so if a woman bleeds during sex and your grossed out by it think about how she has to go around with your bodily fluids inside of her.. you get to wipe it off..

Advertisement