Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your biggest "get me out of here!" moment in a relationship?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I had a moment when the guy I was seeing started a full 30 minute slagging off of me because I said I liked broccoli. When he finally shut up, I told him I had to head home.

Another one was a guy who I'd been seeing for a few months when my dad died (expected). It hadn't been anything serious at all. Met up with him for lunch about 3 days after the funeral. He was nice, supportive but then made a comment about he had to stop himself laughing during the funeral when the song "Going Home" was played coz all he could think about was Kerrygold butter and he knew I'd get the joke. Maybe he was trying to lighten the mood but just added to the growing pile of nope I had about him as a partner (as a person he wasn't the worst). Dumped him there and then. Hint - don't joke about someones Dad's funeral 3 days after the event.
    He was trying to butter you up.

Birneybau wrote: »
    So everyone missed the white writing at the end of this 'story' then?
    arayess wrote: »
    these thread are great craic but end up being ruined by people who make up sh1t.

I stole it directly from something that came up on reddit yesterday. I thought I'd preface that slightly before someone pulled me up on it.

Original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/5lsadn/tifu_my_first_date/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 anonymoos

I'm going anon because some users know my IRL name on my other account...

I got one, maybe not immediately 'get me out of here' moment but more like wtf is going on...

About 10 years ago in college, dating this girl for about a year. Everything seemed more or less fine other than her godlike intake of alcohol on nights out, nobody could keep up. Didn't live near her in college but ended up taking her home as the area she was renting in was dodgy as fook....

Anyways.... Summer rolled on and sure enough its high time I take a trip to hers at the parents gaff. Old country house, you could hear anything so I was a bit reluctant to do anything. 2nd day in the parents leave and head into town after lunch to something. We decide to do it on the floor (can't remember for the life of me why) with a towel under us.

Cue the parents immediate return. GF runs to the bathroom across the hall. Panic in the room I could hear the mother walking down the hallway towards the room, clothes are in a heap on the other side of the room. Grabbed the towel and wrapped it around me, grabbed the trousers and started pulling them up under the towel when the mother walks in. I've never had a stranger conversation in my life and I'll never forget it. She accused me of being gay and taking the gf on a wild ride. I was gobsmacked really. The gf didnt return for about 5 minutes but it was basically a 5 minute conversation about why I don't really like sports and was I sure I wasn't gay. GF came back and started questioning my sexuality also beside her mother.... luckily I was taking the bus out of the place that evening, was never more relieved to see that bus roll up!

Seen her some times in college after that followed by some strange texts alluring me to think she was pregnant. Freaked out for a few daysuntil I found out by a mate she was jesting me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

anonymoos wrote: »
    She accused me of being gay and taking the gf on a wild ride.

You clearly should have kept going, horsing it into the girlfriend as the mother walks in, 'Just a minute missus, just sorting out your daughter - taking her for a wild ride.' Bonus points for shouting out Yee haw as you climaxed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

dinorebel wrote: »
    He was trying to butter you up.
    Butter won't melt on frozen bread.

It was probably too soon to even try anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

HiGlo wrote: »
    Then there was the situation where I was casually hooking up with someone I was in college with. It started getting wobbly when I started hearing some really dickhead stories about him from other classmates. I distanced myself from him and after we'd been out one night and I'd been a little cool with him he started sending me abusive texts after I'd left the pub. When I got home I discovered that he had blasted something very personal about me on my Facebook page!! That was it for me so I never spoke to him again.
    Cue our next big college night out, months later, and he rocks up uninvited. As the group whittled down he positioned himself sitting closer to me and then proceeded to scream abuse at me in front of all our college friends. Screaming at me, calling me a psycho and trying to show me up as a lunatic (which was having quite the opposite affect!) as I sat there on my hands (so that I didn't punch him) and didn't even look at him. The more I ignored him, the more and more agitated his got. Eventually it got so out of hand the guys I was with had to get involved and tell him to shut up or leave. The whole thing almost came to blows. I was gobsmacked!
    There had been signs of him being a little bit mental alright, but I got sucked in, like others, cause he was fantastic in the sack.:D

ETA: Actually how that night ended was pretty funny! So after his psycho ranting we managed to calm him down and in the interest of trying to make things a little less awkward for the whole group I sat and had a private conversation with him. We talked things out a bit but my only interest was keeping the peace and getting away from him. So he apologised, I apologised we were all fine. We moved on to the next bar and he's all over my like a rash, wants to buy me a drink, then at the bar gets all pushy and wants us to give things a shot between us, tries to kiss me etc. I am thinking "**** no!! No chance" so I'm explaining that it's a little difficult to get my head around the fact that he was screaming in my face calling me a psycho 5 mins ago. He keeps pushing and is adamant that he wants to give things a go with us. I give in and tell him that I'll meet him the next day to talk about everything (with zero intention of actually doing that!). We return to the group and not 2 mins later (I swear to god) he's snogging some random girl pilled off her head about 5ft away from me........!!
    That boy has serious issues.....

Slightly off topic but made me laugh........ I've just discovered that the best mate of this dude I'm talking about here is actually a regular poster here on Boards....haha.... Wonder if he'd recognise who I'm talking about.....:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 getoutski

I was home from Oz for Christmas a few years back. I ended up hooking up with an ex from years previous.
    She ended up in a very rocky relationship with a friend of mine and had two kids. They weren't together at this stage.

After a night back at hers and a snuggle the next morning, she started planning when she was coming to join me in Oz
    and how long it would take to sort visas for her and the kids. I said I had dinner with the family and had to leg it.
    I'd five days left at home with multiple calls and texts per day that I left unanswered. Longest few days of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Anyone else reading this to see if they recognise stories about their crazy ex and/or people they know?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭blade1

leggo wrote: »
    Anyone else reading this to see if they recognise stories about their crazy ex and/or people they know?

I'd say there's a few reading it to see if they are the one that someone got away from!!:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I went out with a guy for all of Leaving Cert year. It got rocky after a while, and he admitted to snogging another girl one night. Needless to say I broke it off, but he pestered me so much, and the exams weren't far away so daftly I agreed to stay with him.
    That summer after the exams were done I again wanted out and tried to end it. Well. He friggin lost his reason. He rang my house non-stop, literally. My mam would answer and tell him to cut it out and leave me alone. He wouldn't. Literally hundreds of times a day, for weeks on end. Then he'd ring and threaten to kill himself if I wouldnt meet him. Then he developed this fantastic trick of ringing my house phone and mobile at the same time thinking he'd con me into answering one of them :/
    A man I used to babysit for called me wondering why someone had called his house 36 times one day looking for me and wouldn't believe I wasnt there.
    Final straw was 2am one morning when he was climbing up the front of my house. That was freaky. My mam went to his parents and told them to get a handle on him, I don't know why we hadn't gotten the police involved before that tbh....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I think the point of this thread has gotten in translation at this point! It's about the moment you decided to break up with someone, not the bat**** crazy things they did after :)

rawn wrote: »
    I think the point of this thread has gotten in translation at this point! It's about the moment you decided to break up with someone, not the bat**** crazy things they did after :)

Grand, I'll delete it so. Sorry for ruining the thread on you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

rawn wrote: »

Threads evolve.

I want to bloody well read s4uv3's post now.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

When he went on boards.ie calling me a racist.

Sorry, couldn't resist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

blade1 wrote: »
    I'd say there's a few reading it to see if they are the one that someone got away from!!:pac::pac:

I've been mentioned 3 times so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

s4uv3 wrote: »
    Grand, I'll delete it so. Sorry for ruining the thread on you :)

Don't mind them, it was a great tale.

And I haven't even told them our story...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

s4uv3 wrote:
    Grand, I'll delete it so. Sorry for ruining the thread on you

Ah no, sorry I must have come across harsher than I meant to, it was a good story!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Don't mind them, it was a great tale.

What page, I've probably read it already but the just in case I'm dying to read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

It was a post by S4uv3 on the previous page that S/he deleted. As a mod I don't think it's against the thread so you (or I) can undelete it s4uv3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭reason vs religion

Forever alone ?

If that were true, that'd be an awfully cruel thing to highlight, wouldn't it? You'd have mocked someone who, presumably, had encountered multiple rejections and experienced crippling blows to his self-esteem. Is that the type of school boy bullying you are wont to practise?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

just looking at the last pages, did you get brownie points or..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Mid coitus, close to the Brexit moment, when she latches her legs around you and screams 'Be my Baby's Daddy!!'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Redser87 wrote: »
    When he went on boards.ie calling me a racist.

Sorry, couldn't resist

Ooooh. Do tell.

Scratch that.
    Damn you.

ken wrote: »
    It was a post by S4uv3 on the previous page that S/he deleted. As a mod I don't think it's against the thread so you (or I) can undelete it s4uv3.

Yes please do ken.
    Thank you kindly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Done. It's post 581 for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Forever alone ?

If that were true, that'd be an awfully cruel thing to highlight, wouldn't it? You'd have mocked someone who, presumably, had encountered multiple rejections and experienced crippling blows to his self-esteem. Is that the type of school boy bullying you are wont to practise?

I'm after looking back through 600 or so posts to find out what upset you and would like to take this moment to offer an apol.....

Doorbell, pizzas here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Years ago, overheard an ex-GF on the phone with some friend, describing me in a way that told me she did not get me at all. I'd said something that wasn't immediately obvious, and rather than ask for an explanation (which I would happily have provided), she just jumped straight to a negative interpretation, telling her friend I was being deliberately obscure and trying to make her look stupid. It was nothing of the sort, I'd just read more books ... and it wasn't very long before I had more time to read. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭XavierBoThang

Invited over for dinner by a lad I was seeing. Dinner in his parents house, who were away. Chops and frozen veg. Wasn't very hungry and played with my food. Left the veg. He cleared the table and poured the left over frozen veg on my plate back into the bag, and put it back into the freezer.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Invited over for dinner by a lad I was seeing. Dinner in his parents house, who were away. Chops and frozen veg. Wasn't very hungry and played with my food. Left the veg. He cleared the table and poured the left over frozen veg on my plate back into the bag, and put it back into the freezer.

I think you're confused, this is the "get out of here" thread, not the "definitely a keeper" thread.

Advertisement