Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

hi guys
    since I got my ampera it always charged to 50km. three weeks ago it changed to 45km when fully charged and this week its showing 42.
    is this a reflection on my driving or a degredation of the battery ??

Also a reflection of your driving style. Ours, fully charged, in summer shows 66km. Now that the weather has gotten cooler there's only one way that'll go (down).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,437 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

slave1 wrote: »
    The frunk on that car looks pre 2016
    Yes it's the nosecone prefacelift

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Not sure on the 230 miles range.

180 to 190 closer to the mark imo.

Looks great though.

Old diesel wrote: »
    Not sure on the 230 miles range.

180 to 190 closer to the mark imo.

Looks great though.

230 is probably the "rated" range (which is the unrealistic NEDC cycle)
    Typical range probably 200. It's a 70.

~300km range and supercharger support along with CCS upgrade available.
    Probably free supercharging too.

Another good deal from Tesla's UK CPO listings

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB7H48FF098496?redirect=no

2015 Model SP85D
    £36,800

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,838 ✭✭✭✭unkel

2 years Tesla CPO warranty left too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

ELM327 wrote:
    2015 Model SP85D £36,800

That would be at least 45k euro landed here right after VRT etc?

Have a 191 Ioniq I'm considering "doing an ELM" on and trading up.

I'm just hoping the Model S deprecates faster than the Ioniq to make for a better deal come Jan 2020?

BigAl81 wrote: »

Yeah a bit more than that, depending on how badly you will be stung with VRT

You do get a car that will beat anything off the lights though. Except a handful of €2 million hypercars :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

unkel wrote: »
    The €3,750 Leaf is still for sale, very surprised about that. Would be perfect for a school trip / local / second car etc. Get your €600 subsidy for a charger too. If I didn't have 3 cars already (and a charger), I'd bring some cash and go knock on a door in Drogheda :D

seems to be still for sale - is it actually good value? Can it be updated to English on the dash/radio etc...Is it slow charging also? (non-DC?)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2011-nissan-leaf/23277596

neacy69 wrote: »
    seems to be still for sale - is it actually good value? Can it be updated to English on the dash/radio etc...Is it slow charging also? (non-DC?)

Can't be updated fully, you'd have to hack something.
    BigAl81 wrote: »

Have a 191 Ioniq I'm considering "doing an ELM" on and trading up.

I'm just hoping the Model S deprecates faster than the Ioniq to make for a better deal come Jan 2020?

Probably closer to 47-48k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭User1998

neacy69 wrote: »

It can most definitely be updated. If the seller bothered to get it sorted and took decent photos the car would be sold a long time ago. Could possibly be a Jap family that imported the car ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: Moved the NOx/VRT discussion to own thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058030026

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Price drop in one day from 8k to 6,900 for a 2015 LEAF with 170,000km on the clock and no battery/range photos. Wicklow reg so daily N11 runs.
    My spidey senses are tingling but could be a bargain run-around if some due diligence checks carried out. Worth a tyre kick anyway for a cheap 1.5 Gen

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf/23520598

That's a steal. Somebody grab yourself a bargain! Looks like the winner for 2019 EV bargain, nice find!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Zamboni wrote: »
    Price drop in one day from 8k to 6,900 for a 2015 LEAF with 170,000km on the clock and no battery/range photos. Wicklow reg so daily N11 runs.
    My spidey senses are tingling but could be a bargain run-around if some due diligence checks carried out. Worth a tyre kick anyway for a cheap 1.5 Gen

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf/23520598

What would the real world range on that be?

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Decent priced 2019 Ioniq... or Hynuday Ioniq as the seller calls it.
    Exterior sold separately. €25k

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyunday-ioniq-bev/23544963

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

Decent priced 2019 Ioniq... or Hynuday Ioniq as the seller calls it.
    Exterior sold separately. €25k

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyunday-ioniq-bev/23544963

20k kms.
    3 interior pictures.
    Description "For sale 2019 hyunday ioniq full electric".

And he expects someone to hand over €25k based on that?!

Soarer wrote: »
    20k kms.
    3 interior pictures.
    Description "For sale 2019 hyunday ioniq full electric".

And he expects someone to hand over €25k based on that?!
    To be fair, while it's not a great ad, I can see English is not his first language.
    It's clear the interior condition of the car from the photos and I can see it was not an import.

For me if I were looking for a 2019 Ioniq it's a great price and therefore I'd give him a call for sure.

(If you're reading this please add exterior photos!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

ELM327 wrote: »
    To be fair, while it's not a great ad, I can see English is not his first language.
    It's clear the interior condition of the car from the photos and I can see it was not an import.

For me if I were looking for a 2019 Ioniq it's a great price and therefore I'd give him a call for sure.

(If you're reading this please add exterior photos!)

Fair enough.

But no exterior shots?
    And could he not type his ad into Google Translate and paste it in?

A couple of paragraphs in broken English is better than one line of perfect...to my mind anyway.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Oh, it's grey by the way. Hence the lack of exterior pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭ltd440

Gone, in fairness it was a bargain
    Edit, the 2015 leaf for 6900

Somebody got some bargain! Hope it is someone in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

If I had a garage and that car was road legal, I'd be all over it. Seller is a little bit sketchy on the electrical system details, but if that is 24 cells in series of 3.2V each (LiFePO4 chemistry?) that means 76.8V nominal times 150Ah, so about 11kWh available. If these are in good condition, the batteries alone are worth nearly the asking price

unkel wrote: »
    If I had a garage and that car was road legal, I'd be all over it. Seller is a little bit sketchy on the electrical system details, but if that is 24 cells in series of 3.2V each (LiFePO4 chemistry?) that means 76.8V nominal times 150Ah, so about 11kWh available. If these are in good condition, the batteries alone are worth nearly the asking price
    It piqued my interest but
    "Not certified for road use - some work needed to get it there but interesting project. Laid up for last 2 years so currently not running. Sold as is."

Aye, but hence the low price. I'd like to know exactly what it would take to make it road legal and of course I'd need to be able to get a reasonable insurance quote on it. Good luck with either of that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

It would look way better as a stationary electricty store than a Gen 1 LEAF.

If you have a garage that is :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

"Not certified for road use - some work needed to get it there but interesting project. Laid up for last 2 years so currently not running. Sold as is."

aka, come with trailer, tail light warranty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭KAGY

I wonder what charge state the batterys have been kept in

Advertisement