Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"It's what you do next that counts"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Very busy day today and I finally had an opening
    so I got out for a quick 5 miles at 8'10, AHR 164

It really is time to get the easy runs back in the correct zone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Is the little one doing the great Ireland kiddie run?

Is the little one doing the great Ireland kiddie run?

No she's racing saturday in the juvenile leagues, 60m and 300m and she's already had 3 training days so far this week so enoughs enough...plus daddy is planning on having a hangover on sunday.

5.69 miles at 8'50 pace, AHR 152

This was the best I've felt on a run in a long time, bounce was back and an easy ru felt easy. I finished with 6x10 second hill sprints up Stocking lane which went well.
    It brings the streak up to 4 :D which I havn't done since Feb... tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Woddle wrote: »
    It brings the streak up to 4 :D which I havn't done since Feb... tut tut

Doubt you'll hit your targets if 4 is your longest running streak for 2 months ;)

Who dyou like for the national tomorrow? Killyglen for me.

• Advertisement

Doubt you'll hit your targets if 4 is your longest running streak for 2 months ;)

Playing poker at the moment, so havn't looked but can't wait to get stuck in.

I missed the first part of that :D

I have Killyglen ranked 5th on my rough work but I've gone with Synchronised as my main bet at 11.0 on betfair and two smaller bets on Neptune col. at 55.0 and Weird al at 75.0

I could have probably left weird al out but I always think if I do this will be the race he screws me on. Others that entered the reckoning were Sunnyhillboy, Giles cross and westend rocker but have all since been dismissed.

Regarding Synchronised, I just wish Jonjo was in better form with Albetas run and It's a gimme running below par yesterday.

Did you back any others.

I missed the first part of that :D

I have Killyglen ranked 5th on my rough work but I've gone with Synchronised as my main bet at 11.0 on betfair and two smaller bets on Neptune col. at 55.0 and Weird al at 75.0

I could have probably left weird al out but I always think if I do this will be the race he screws me on. Others that entered the reckoning were Sunnyhillboy, Giles cross and westend rocker but have all since been dismissed.

Regarding Synchronised, I just wish Jonjo was in better form with Albetas run and It's a gimme running below par yesterday.

Did you back any others.

I have On His Own each way along with Killyglen each way. Need more than one in that race, interest over at the first otherwise :D

Best of luck with yours, you'll need it :p

Difficult to see why Ruby isnt riding Rock on Ruby in the hurdle.

Difficult to see why Ruby isnt riding Rock on Ruby in the hurdle.

Yeah I stayed out of that race but I thought ROR was the most likely winner...ah well.
    My only other bet besides the national is in the next Chapoturgeon (nap) but just heard Ruby ain't riding him (I've been at the juveniles track meet and only back)

two smaller bets on Neptune col. at 55.0

Savage, drinks on you. Great race.

• Advertisement

Best of luck with yours, you'll need it :p

Get in :D

I had €2 at 55.0 and put another €2 at 46.0
    :D

and €5 at 10.0 to place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Birthday, big win on the national, out on the piss later. If you can just manage to squeeze your session in too, it would be a perfect day ;)

Great race, going to watch it again now

menoscemo wrote: »
    Birthday, big win on the national, out on the piss later. If you can just manage to squeeze your session in too, it would be a perfect day ;)

I am going to get ready in 10...I swear

Horrible news about Syncronised. Bet the RSPCA will be all over it again.

Horrible news about Syncronised. Bet the RSPCA will be all over it again.

According to Pete aswell. Terrible news, I was very fond of synchronised.

On better news, we don't have to put up with the BBC over the top PC bull shlt anymore

On better news, we don't have to put up with the BBC over the top PC bull shlt anymore

It was nice to watch Ascot and Aintree on the BBC player in work though :D

Not that i ever did that of course ;)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not that i ever did that of course ;)
    Just wouldn't be your style at all :pac:

I am going to get ready in 10...I swear

Hmmmm you posted this over 30 minutes later :mad::D
    According to Pete aswell. Terrible news, I was very fond of synchronised.

Just getting my runners on

• Advertisement

Just getting my runners on

If you wimp out on any of the reps tonight, you're not allowed any pints :pac: (I made that pace with myself last night and that's how I got through it :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

You have no idea how confused I am. :confused: Horses?

If you wimp out on any of the reps tonight, you're not allowed any pints :pac: (I made that pace with myself last night and that's how I got through it :D)

Only seeing that now and all I can say is...at least I did the 100s :D

Dory Dory wrote: »
    You have no idea how confused I am. :confused: Horses?

Hi Dory
    Yeah, it was the grand national, 40 horses jumping 30 fences over 4.5 miles. It's one of my favourite sporting events on the calendar but there seems to be an ever growing number of people who don't know anything about the sport who are up in arms.

BTW
    I only thanked your race report but well done you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

gutted had 10e/w on sunnyhillboy, really really thought he had it

kennyb3 wrote: »
    gutted had 10e/w on sunnyhillboy, really really thought he had it

and apparently Jacob went one over, unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Hi Dory
    Yeah, it was the grand national, 40 horses jumping 30 fences over 4.5 miles. It's one of my favourite sporting events on the calendar but there seems to be an ever growing number of people who don't know anything about the sport who are up in arms.

BTW
    I only thanked your race report but well done you :D

Horse races are quite grand and are held in high esteem in some circles over here. I hate to ask, but did something tragic happen to Syncronised? I remember watching one horse race where two horses each broke a leg and had to be put down on the track. :(

Thank you for your kind comments pre-race and for your kind comment now. I have unfinished business, however, where my time is concerned so I am chomping at the bit (;)) to do my next marathon. I have my eye on one that I discovered last night surfing the web, but it's only 5 weeks away from tomorrow. The course is PB friendly and they have pacers, so I am considering it very seriously.

I had a session to do today but a combination of late to bed last night and Emilys track meet meant that I had to do this evening. Only thing is I'm pretty wrecked but I knew it won't be getting done tomorrow, so I said just see how it goes and no pressure.

Instead of the 5x1k in 4 mins I managed 3x1k in 4'01, 4'10 and 4'12
    An awful wind out there and an already tired body led me to call it a day after 3, I did jog the recovery though and I still did 5x15 secs on the run back.

Total for the run was a measly 5.1 miles at 7'45 pace, AHR 171

I'm still happy enough as this week was about easing myself back into the world of consistency and that's 5 on the trot. The real work can start next week with a successful first leg win for me over BD :D

Instead of the 5x1k in 4 mins I managed 3x1k in 4'01, 4'10 and 4'12

You're only allowwed 3/5 of your alcohol for tonight now.

So If you were planning 10 pints you can only have 6. If you were planning 20 pints you can only have 12 :pac:

• Advertisement

You're only allowwed 3/5 of your alcohol for tonight now.

So If you were planning 10 pints you can only have 6. If you were planning 20 pints you can only have 12 :pac:

I'm not a big drinker and I max out at 4 pints so your punishment should be 8 pints not 2 or 3 :D that'll teach me

Advertisement