Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

To be honest I only applied for Galway as it is where I am currently based and would like to stay for a few years. Dublin would have been my second choice if I had to be pushed to make a choice but the cost if living is so high I don't think it would be possible on the salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

I just put down Dublin. I'm stuck in Dublin because of my partner's job and the cost of living here is high enough without running a second car. Fingers crossed for a city centre department!

Assuming I get through the next stage of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

I think I'm actually more impatient waiting for results now that pas have said it will be this week. I was expecting end of next week so had put it to the back of my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I'm a CO at the moment, I love the face people make when you tell them you can't afford to move to Dublin on the current wages. They automatically assume that you're earning a fortune because you work in the Civil Service. Anyways, hopefully we'll all get through to the next round!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

I contacted PAS to ask about how it works if you are coming from public sector and get an eo position..regarding moving across onto new salary scale and not starting at the bottom. they told me to direct it to the department of public expenditure.
    anyone in similar position?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

I contacted PAS to ask about how it works if you are coming from public sector and get an eo position..regarding moving across onto new salary scale and not starting at the bottom. they told me to direct it to the department of public expenditure.
    anyone in similar position?

As far as I know if someone is new to the civil service sanction would need to be sought by your employing department from DPER as to whether you can start on a point above the min.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FioRON

Results are out! :)

Nothing here yet.... maybe not a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

around the 200 mark :)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Not for me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭osullic

Mine aren't

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

Through to next stage by the skin of my teeth. Did well on verbal and numerical but just passed assessment. That will no doubt scupper any chances of a high placing post stage two as it's the one test that isn't retaken :/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jthepope2

Hi all,
    Reached the qualifying standard but fairly shocked to see I am not far off 8,000 so it is fair to see there isn't a hope of them coming anywhere near there for this campaign, in terms of progression to supervised tests etc?
    From the previous campaign, did anyone who placed in that range progress to interviews/aptitudes?
    I presume it'd be 9-12 months before they'd get near 7,000s plus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

jthepope2 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Reached the qualifying standard but fairly shocked to see I am not far off 8,000 so it is fair to see there isn't a hope of them coming anywhere near there for this campaign, in terms of progression to supervised tests etc?
    From the previous campaign, did anyone who placed in that range progress to interviews/aptitudes?
    I presume it'd be 9-12 months before they'd get near 7,000s plus?

nevergoing to get never 7000 for 300-600 jobs

Nothing here yet either but they are normally done in batches so we should all hear today

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jthepope2

Cheers for clarifying, I didn't realise how many roles there were.
    Many thanks doc11

Just wondering for those of you have heard do you get panel placed for each region? When I did the CO I remember was placed for both areas? Or was this after the second stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 meandmymonkey

Do they call second batches for supervised tests?
    I got in 2000's 😖

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

Placed 6414, no chance of being called :(

• Advertisement

Catuohy89 wrote: »
    Just wondering for those of you have heard do you get panel placed for each region? When I did the CO I remember was placed for both areas? Or was this after the second stage?

Curious about this too. Is it nationwide panel but they will take regional preferences into account at placement? As opposed to county panels? The numbers would suggest so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I'm way off so I am out! :(

I'd question their method of releasing results. The whole idea of online tests in my experience is that the results are instantaneous. We should see them straight away.

Catuohy89 wrote: »

No Region...Its just an overall placement. I don't think they will break it down to Region until after interview/etray exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Placed 1500s :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dgigger

No its either open panel. Interdepartmental then if your a civil servant whatever department ur already in

Results here now too. Placed in 1500s. Quite disappointed but high enough to get through to stage 2 so will just have to improve by then!!

jules86 wrote: »
    Placed 1500s :(

It is intended to invite those placed up to and including 1784 so you might be lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Out of interest what number was reached on the 2014 panel?

Panic over.. just got mine 244 !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Early 5200s here :( But no region so I'm hoping I'm higher for my choices

Advertisement