Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses European Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

PTH2009 wrote: »
    AFAIK for the 3arena its no bags at all only purses etc and i imagine there will be extremly heavy security procedures/pressence in place at the London Stadium

Im hoping they might have plastic bags at the merch stands. Need to bring a portable power back with me for my phone and my bro in law has an inhaler thing which he has to bring

I was at Depeche Mode gig in London Stadium last Saturday recommend don't bring any bags etc. Full pat down on entrance. Don't recall seeing bags at merchandise stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

PucaMama wrote: »
    No bags at all or no big bags? We are going over Thursday but going for the Friday show.

AFAIK for the 3arena its no bags at all only purses etc and i imagine there will be extremly heavy security procedures/pressence in place at the London Stadium

Im hoping they might have plastic bags at the merch stands. Need to bring a portable power back with me for my phone and my bro in law has an inhaler thing which he has to bring
    I'm asking about the London venue though I already knew it's small bags only in the 3arena

• Registered Users Posts: 17,860 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Don't Cry seems to have replaced Patience on the setlist over last couple of gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 38,029 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

paulie21 wrote: »
    Don't Cry seems to have replaced Patience on the setlist over last couple of gigs

balls but like Dont Cry

they might play Patience next friday in London you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Really looking forward to the show on Saturday in London. It's mad I don't think I've ever been to a gig in a "proper" arena/stadium.

The Kills are very hit and miss with me. Saw them before Jack White in Dublin a few years back and they seemed to be all style and no substance. New stuff sounds decent though. Cant wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Deisler wrote: »
    I was at Depeche Mode gig in London Stadium last Saturday recommend don't bring any bags etc. Full pat down on entrance. Don't recall seeing bags at merchandise stands.

I was also at this . Its an enormous venue for a concert . It's a bit weird too in broad daylight
    Unfortunately the seating area wasn't great if you wanted to see the screens and visuals . If I had of known I'd have got standing tickets .
    You need to give time too to get to the venue from the tube . Some decent pubs near it worth a punt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Anyone have an idea of stage times for GnR tonight in London? Cant find anything on line and want to make sure I get down on time, working all day!!

frag420 wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea of stage times for GnR tonight in London? Cant find anything on line and want to make sure I get down on time, working all day!!

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/guns-n-roses-london-stadium-13155406

This is all I can find. 7.45 they're on themselves, but not a whiff of anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Only info I have managed to get is show starts at 6:15. Which does not give 2 support acts much time if GNR are on at 7:45. I am getting tube to Stratford at 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Noise curfew is usually 22.30, so 19.45 is probably right.

• Advertisement

Could be bolexe but heard Adler and Izzy may appear tonight ??

Also....if anyone has a spare standing ticket then give me a shout!

Going to head down after work to try and get one but if anyone has one...you know what to do!!

Thanks

Bit late, but http://www.lntvglobal.com/gb/article/heres-the-running-order-for-guns-n-roses-london-stadium-shows/

3pm - Outer concourse opens

4.30pm - Early entry

5pm - Bowl opens

5.45pm - TYLER BRYANT & THE SHAKEDOWN

6.35pm - THE KILLS

7.45pm - GUNS N' ROSES

10.30pm - CURFEW

Gen admission tickets onsale at the minute for tomorrows show on Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Could be bolexe but heard Adler and Izzy may appear tonight ??

ABSOLUTE BOLLIX.

Amazing show, the band were on fire and got a nice setlist too (the one I wanted Patience was included and we also got My Michelle). Played just under 3 hours

Axl didn't talk much but he did notice some people were throwing bottles in the crowd and told them too stop but he seemed in a good mood. Slash and duff were brillent as always as were the rest of the guys

Happy I saw them live and hopefully I will see them again sometime in the future.

They were great Axl was perfect I really hope to see them again some time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Super gig. I am just in the door and it is still very warm outside. The sound in the stadium was superb.

rednik wrote: »
    Super gig. I am just in the door and it is still very warm outside. The sound in the stadium was superb.

Just home too! Very humid...time to blaze in the garden and look at grainy videos of the gig on youtube!!

Finally back in Ireland and on the way home too Waterford

Axl sounds so much better live than in the videos on YouTube etc. Thought SCOM sounded a bit odd but later found out they slowed it down a bit. I was a bit disappointed with the vocals in Paradise city, I loved Patience, Civil War, Easy, November rain and, Double talkin jive and Nighttrain. The black hole sun cover was ok but it's only there as a tribute.

So glad I went, London is one busy city (took a while too get used to standing to the right hand side on escalators lol). The stadium is a fantastic venue and the sound is miles better than at irish venues

Could be a few years til we see the band touring Europe again but you never know it might be sooner than we think

Heading up to the venue now, sun is splitting the stones outside, really good reviews from friends who were at last nights show.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    Heading up to the venue now, sun is splitting the stones outside, really good reviews from friends who were at last nights show.
    Enjoy, I'd go for a 2nd night if I could!

Just heading back from the show tonight, it was fantastic and from being at stadium gigs across the continents the sound was immaculate, only gringe worthy moment was Axel singing happy birthday to their queen, went down like a lead balloon, loved the setlist and knew it would be a slightly different last night's show.

The only issue is that they ran out of beer about half way through and the humidity, lived in London 3 years and never felt it as bad, but was only before and after the gig, venue was actually really good.

Just heading back from the show tonight, it was fantastic and from being at stadium gigs across the continents the sound was immaculate, only gringe worthy moment was Axel singing happy birthday to their queen, went down like a lead balloon, loved the setlist and knew it would be a slightly different last night's show.

The only issue is that they ran out of beer about half way through and the humidity, lived in London 3 years and never felt it as bad, but was only before and after the gig, venue was actually really good.
    Poor Axl trying to be nice 😂

I wasn't drinking but I was looking at the pints being served. Christ, it was criminal. Half pints nearly for £5.80!

Brilliant show, and I really enjoyed the couple of songs from Chinese Democracy that I hadn't heard before (other than the title track). Glad we git Dont Cry instead of Patience too. Highlight was Estranged I'd say.

The poor Kills were awfully miscast werent they? Thats my second time seeing them and it's like they can only get to a 7, and never go past it. The Tyler Bryant band were good oul funny craic!

I found it hard to find anywhere with an atmosphere now I must say (on Saturday). Lots of standing still and people who looked like hardcore fans on the cover not really into many songs.

I wasn't drinking but I was looking at the pints being served. Christ, it was criminal. Half pints nearly for £5.80!

Brilliant show, and I really enjoyed the couple of songs from Chinese Democracy that I hadn't heard before (other than the title track). Glad we git Dont Cry instead of Patience too. Highlight was Estranged I'd say.

The poor Kills were awfully miscast werent they? Thats my second time seeing them and it's like they can only get to a 7, and never go past it. The Tyler Bryant band were good oul funny craic!

I found it hard to find anywhere with an atmosphere now I must say (on Saturday). Lots of standing still and people who looked like hardcore fans on the cover not really into many songs.

Yeah the price of drink was a rip off £5.50 for a bottle of Heineken. The merch stand just inside the stadium island was very busy and slow moving

Was there night one was very happy we got Patience and My Michelle. Although I enjoyed the CD songs I thought they killed the momentum a little bit. Are WTTJ and SCOM slowed down a bit ???

Could hear Tyler Bryant outside in the foyer area and thought they sounded ok (saw them the previous weds in Dublin so wasant pushed about hearing them again). The Kills were really miscast and not a lot of people cared about them. The support acts on the US leg were way better and there should of been a well known support band in London

Thought the atmosphere was good Friday. I was in section 236 and the sound was perfect. We were lucky and got the tube back too east ham after the gig fairly fast, about a 20 min walk from the stadium to Stratford station

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Pints in Slane were €6.00, could they have served anything else besides that wretched Heineken.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

?5.50 for a bottle of Heineken.

works out about €10.80 per pint

Yeah the price of drink was a rip off £5.50 for a bottle of Heineken. The merch stand just inside the stadium island was very busy and slow moving

Was there night one was very happy we got Patience and My Michelle. Although I enjoyed the CD songs I thought they killed the momentum a little bit. Are WTTJ and SCOM slowed down a bit ???

Could hear Tyler Bryant outside in the foyer area and thought they sounded ok (saw them the previous weds in Dublin so wasant pushed about hearing them again). The Kills were really miscast and not a lot of people cared about them. The support acts on the US leg were way better and there should of been a well known support band in London

Thought the atmosphere was good Friday. I was in section 236 and the sound was perfect. We were lucky and got the tube back too east ham after the gig fairly fast, about a 20 min walk from the stadium to Stratford station
    I was in the same section as you!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Pints in Slane were €6.00, could they have served anything else besides that wretched Heineken.

They had wine as well at slane. I'd been sitting on a bus for seven hours so I didn't what the beer was. I would have drank anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I thought 6 euro a pint was pretty reasonable to be fair.
    But 5 euro for a few chips in a little container was taking the pisss :-D

Advertisement